71 comments

Drama Holiday Friendship

"Come on Kiyara. Walk faster." Jane, my best friend said as we walked down the street. 

Aaah what did I get myself into I thought. Yesterday when we were watching a horror movie Jane came up with a plan, that we could go to the graveyard and spend the night there. I didn't want to go there, it was very spooky at night especially on a Halloween night. I shuddered as I thought about it. But I had to say yes because I didn't want her to think that I was scared and didn't want to go. Which was true, I was really scared. Jane thought it was a great idea and I assured her that it was. And that's how it started. She was so excited that she went home early so that she could pack things up and get ready for tomorrow night. Well, now that I was going there I had to get ready too. 

The next morning we decided that it would be better if they didn't inform their parents that they were going to a graveyard in the night.

Now that we were nearing the graveyard I regretted a lot of things, first that I was taking part In Jane's plan, second that nobody knew that we were going to the graveyard. I had never dreamed that I would be going behind my parents back to a graveyard. 

"I am trying to do my best," I told her when I caught up with her. 

"I can see that, alright,". she said. 

We stood in front of the gate. She took a deep breath and opened the gate. It made a loud creaking sound. That sent a chill to my spine. We took a step inside. 

"OMG! Kiyara look! it looks as if nobody has set afoot here for ages." she commented. 

"I know! It looks extra creepy to me now". I said shuddering. 

"I hope that we catch some ghosts in here, " she said as she pulled out a camera from her backpack. She just overstuffed her bag just like always. 

"Seriously Jane, You even brought a camera up here, ."

"Yes, I did. What's wrong with it?." she frowned.

"No. Nothing is wrong with it."I said quickly.

6 minutes have passed since we arrived in the graveyard. 

THANK God nothing scary has happened until now. 

Just then my thoughts were interrupted when I heard a scream from behind me. 

Oh my God!! . What did I just hear?.

"Did you hear something Jane?." I turned around to find that the place where Jane had been sitting was empty. 

"No!!" I shouted. 

Then I saw shadows moving here and there. I screamed. 

OH my gosh! This isn't happening I thought. 

Then I felt my hair being pulled. I started running at full speed. It was so scary that my whole body was covered with goosebumps. 

While running I fell, in the process, my ankle was twisted. 

I heard footsteps behind me and then I felt myself pass out. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When I woke up the sun was shining brightly. I realized that it was morning and the night was over. Then I noticed that I was no longer in the graveyard, instead, I was in my bedroom and the sunshine came through the window in my room. 

I couldn't remember exactly what had happened. I remember passing out but after that, everything is a blur. My eyes started to close and within seconds I was asleep. 

When I opened my eyes again, I saw my friends' faces around me. They were all grinning . What happened? Why are they grinning like that? I thought. 

 "At last! Sleepyhead is awake." Susan said in a dramatic tone. She lives next door (if it concerns you).

"Why are you all here?" I asked, my voice coming out deep. 

"We actually came here to apologize". Chris said. Giving me a wide smile. 

"Apologize for what.?" I asked. 

"for scaring you yesterday". Jane said. 

"What do you mean?"

"It means that we scared you in the graveyard yesterday. And now we are very sorry. I know we shouldn't have done it but it is always so fun to scare you." Susan said. 

"So it was you guys all along?. It isn't funny . It doesn't feel good fainting in a graveyard you know." I snapped. How could they do this to me.? How could Jane, who was my best friend do it?.

" Yup. We are really sorry Kiyara. Will you forgive us?." Chris asked. 

I didn't respond right away. 

" Yes, I forgive you guys. But I don't forgive you, Jane. I thought we were best friends. How could you do such a thing to me?. You broke my heart." I said my voice breaking. 

" I didn't mean to hurt you Kiyara. I didn't know that you would get that scared. I won't do this again. okay?. I sincerely apologize to you. Do you forgive me for being such a bad friend to you?. Please. " Jane begged. 

I smiled widely. 

"Yes, I forgive, you." I said, giving her a big hug. 

"Awww! You are so cute together." Susan said. 

"I wish I could have a best friend too." Chris said. 

"You have us. You can count us as your best friends can't you?." Susan said. 

"Yes, you can always count us in, " Me and Jane said in unusion. 

"You guys are so sweet. Thank you." Chris said, getting emotional. 

"Our pleasure!." I said. 

Then we all started laughing. It felt so good to laugh with friends. 

After everyone had gone back to their home,I went downstairs and found mom. She was cooking. 

I went and sat on the countertop as I used to when I was 3 years old. 

" How are you feeling dear?" my mom asked. 

" Much better." 

"Good. I got so scared when they brought you home unconscious." Mom said. 

"It is so embarrassing that I fainted in front of them. Everyone at school is going to talk about how I fainted in a graveyard." I said smiling at the thought that I got so scared and fainted because of a silly prank. 

Mom just chuckled. 

Wow, everyone will talk about how 10-year-old Kiyara got scared in a graveyard and fainted. 





October 23, 2020 22:43

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

71 comments

Safa Jalil
06:52 Dec 06, 2021

Amazing story! When all the spooky stuff started happening, I guessed that It might have been Jane pulling the prank as the title suggests. I also like the ending when all her friends apologize. Although there were a few common mistakes, you did a great job.

Reply

ALINA Manha
23:37 Dec 08, 2021

Thank you so much for reading it. Glad to know that you were able to enjoy the story. Thank you for the kind words. I was actually a biginner when I wrote this. It had loads of mistakes in it. But I am glad that I can write much better stories now.

Reply

Safa Jalil
08:06 Dec 09, 2021

Welcome!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Safa Jalil
09:09 Jan 10, 2022

What I do most of the time? - read any random book. - check out stories on reedsy - upvote people - bake something yummy - write a story - annoy someone - run until my legs hurt ( that's a good way to pass time ) The last two...😂😂😂😂😂😂

Reply

ALINA Manha
17:27 Jan 16, 2022

That's literally what I do most of the time though.

Reply

Safa Jalil
19:54 Mar 11, 2022

Salam. How've you been Alina. I feel like we haven't talked for months (Which I think is the case). How's school? How's your family? Life has been so busy since school started. Tests start and finish, exams begin, they finish then mocks begin. Days go by so fast. Anyways, how are you?

Reply

ALINA Manha
10:47 Jun 18, 2022

Walikumassalam, I've been good. I guess? That's True. We haven't talked for like 2 months straight. School is good and bad at the same time. It's really stressful to be honest. How is your school going? My family is doing great alhamdulilah. How's yours doing? I totally agree. One exam finishes and the other starts. I am good. Just not super good. How are you?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Palak Shah
17:16 Aug 08, 2021

This is an awesome story and I loved reading it. Also, I looked at your bio and I also adore the book Little Women and I have watched the movie countless times. Could you please read my latest story if possible? :))

Reply

ALINA Manha
23:45 Aug 09, 2021

Thanks a lot! Glad you loved it. I absolutely love that book, it's the first novel that I read. I haven't seen the movie yet. Of course, I will. As soon as I can.

Reply

Palak Shah
18:15 Aug 10, 2021

Yeah it is a wonderful book :)) The movie is also amazing Thanks :))

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.