0 comments

Adventure LGBTQ+

The world always seems to be pushing their opinions onto others causing them to be insecure making a lot of problems within the mind. Some will spend their time and money on surgeries, or products to make them more to the vision society has. That’s how I view the world, that’s why I hide what I look like when I make my videos and vlogs. Not many people that I interact with often know what I look like. I always see comments about people saying that I need to show my face or that it’s stupid that I hide. I wear a mask that isn’t seeable to the naked eye. Those who know what it’s like to suffer from face insecurities, or the fact that my body isn’t like the models that I see on the Tv. I always boost those with insecurities to keep them from feeling how I feel. 

“Hi, I’m JJ, I am a big-time streamer and vlogger. I wish to have my viewers feel like they are perfect the way they are”. JJ streams a lot of Sunblock and has many online friends. They have meet-ups with the ones that are closer to their home. One friend in their vlogs tends to show their face but blurs the clip out.

“I gotta go, I can’t stay longer” JJ called out to their roommate/Girlfriend. JJ has a music collaboration with some music artists to create a song that shows what happens behind the scenes of their life. JJ and their girlfriend have worked together on the lyrics and now just had to get the ok of the others within the collaboration. JJ had worked so long to get a part of this song, not ever guessing that they were going to be the main person.

“These lyrics are great and really hit hard, I believe this will be a hit song.” That's what was said by Jane. JJ was so happy that their lyrics were approved, “I can’t wait to get home and tell the news to my roommate.” Once JJ got home they called for Snowflake, after the news we’re told they decided to work on the background music of the song. They were on a face call with the crew of course JJ wore the mask that Snowflake made for face cam streams. Snowflake chose to sit on JJ’s lap to read.

“Who’s that?” Jane asked. 

“This is Snowflake my girlfriend”

“She is so cute, do you have a nickname for her”

“I tend to use kitty because she is like a cat, always sleeping or up to trouble.”

“That great, did she possibly design your mask. If you don’t mind me asking”

“She is the one that made it, she also put a mic inside of it so I can be understood without being muffled”

“She’s smart, I have been wondering what it’s like to wear a mask for hours at a time, but don’t wanna take the time to do it.”

“Welp I gotta go, my dinners here.”

“You eat quite late.”

“Yeah, yeah bye”

“Bye”

“How’s your book?”

“Good, wanna go watch a movie?”

“Why not, let me get off the call”

While JJ logged off Snowflake was getting to the living room ready for the mess that's about to happen. JJ and Snowflake always made a mess on the couch or on the floor, Snowflake got a call halfway through the movie. When Snowflake came back into the living room she had tears running down her cheeks but an angry expression. 

“Kitty, what’s wrong?” JJ said as they were holding Snowflake.

“My mother called” that was all that needed to be said.

“You're not going to go visit are you?”

“I’m going to, she said I should bring my roommate too.”

The fear that struck JJ, caused both of them to fall down. Snowflake crying and apologizing, JJ had hugged her and said; “I will go, but I’m going to keep my mask on ok.”

“Ok, I will have a talk with her to allow you to keep it on.”

“How will I be eating?”

“I don’t visit for a couple more weeks, I could make a mask that has an open mouth part”

“Thanks, what did I do to deserve you”

~Two Weeks Later~

JJ and Snowflake had just arrived at the train station, Snowflake saw her mother and grabbed JJ’s hand to guide them over there.

“Is this your roommate?”

“Yes mother, they are.”

“H-h-hello m-ma’am”

“Hello, JJ correct?”

Snowflake explained why JJ wore the mask, surprising both of them. Snowflake's mom’s eyes started to water and she hugged JJ. That’s when JJ decided to tell her whole story once they got to the house. JJ explained that their father was emotionally abusive and caused JJ to have a hard time being loved. JJ decided to tell her what she is doing at the present time. That’s when Snowflake's brother came downstairs, he was so happy that his sister is “roommates” with Snowy Weather Live. He asked for some tips on his game, JJ of course said yes this was the first time they met a fan in real life. After JJ and Chris (Snowflake's brother) had gone upstairs Snowflake's mother asked if the two of them were dating. Snowflake being surprised at the statement she was cherry red, her mother said that she fully approved if they are. 

Dinner that night was something, JJ had gone to the guest room to change masks to the one that got made for eating. That night was going to be wild because an unexpected event happened in the middle of the night. It was around midnight snowflake and JJ had packed their bags for the night in case something happened and JJ had to do a meeting or something needed to be addressed at the studio. JJ had their mask next to them on the nightstand. When Chris got up in the middle of the night for a glass of water he smelled smoke and turned on the lights seeing a small fire start, he rushed to get the fire extinguisher but the fire had grown too much, he chose to yell and wake everyone up to get out of the house JJ and Snowflake grabbed their bags as they ran out of the room JJ held the mask on their face not having time to fully put it on. Once everyone was out they stood there at the street watching it be engulfed in flames, luckily no one lived close enough for it to spread. That night the house that Snowflake grew up in, the only home her family could afford was gone.


August 27, 2021 23:02

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.