1 comment

Fiction Friendship

A story of friendship, love, and the bonds of sisterhood told through the eyes of the Collins sisters, Noelle, Naima and Nadia.

Noelle

I'm the youngest pf the Collins sisters, Naima is the middle sister and Nadia is the oldest sister. We each have different personalities, me being the youngest, I'm the most carefree, happy loving person. Naima isn't as carefree as me. She's the nerd of the family, always reading and writing. Naima is the person you can turn to for anything and everything, and last my older sister Nadia. What can I say about her? In one word responsible. Nadia always got the job done for us. Nadia is the sister always cleaning up after our mess, mainly mine. She's the sister that never got to have fun, always working to make sure me and Naima had food on the table, a roof over our head and clothes on our back.

I love my sisters. They are the best friends I ever had. I wouldn't trade our lives for nothing. We had fun times together. My fondest memory with my sisters is when we went to the beach house.

Naima

I'm the middle Collins sister. Noelle is my younger free spirit sister. She makes me laugh when I'm having a bad day. She always supports me in whatever I want to to do with my life. Noelle's words of encouragement made me believe I can do anything and I followed my dreams of becoming a journalists. Nadia my older sister is my protector. The person I look up to the most. Nadia is my guiding light in my life, always making sure I did my very best and always their fighting the bullies for me. Nadia made me into the person I am today, a strong, independent woman.

The best time of my life is spending it with my sisters. We laugh together, we tell stories together and we cry together. My fondest memory with my sisters is going to the beach house.

Nadia

I'm the oldest Collins sister, Noelle and Naima are my two younger sisters. They are what makes me get up in the morning ready to work hard to give them the lives they deserve. My sisters don't talk about our past, they don't think about the horrible childhood we had. I don't blame them. I try and keep trying to give them a good life. Noelle has brought light in my life by being just who she is. Naima, the storyteller has always made me smile with the story she tells. I love these ladies with all my heart.

I've kept this family together even though our lives have gone in different directions. I have so many memories of us together. My fondest memory is going to the beach house and that's why I'm sending my sisters an invitation to come to the beach house.

Noelle

Oh my god! A letter from Nadia. She wants me to come to the beach house. This is so exciting. I'm going to pack.

Naima

What is this? A letter from Nadia. She wants me to go to the beach house. Oh my god! I get to see my sisters. I haven't seen them in so long. I'm going to go pack.

Nadia

Wow, the beach house looks the same. I can't believe it, everything me and my sisters left is still here. Pictures, sea shells, stuffed animals all of it.

I love this picture of me, Noelle and Naima. We were on a boat, me driving, while Noelle and Naima took turns jet skiing. I remember Noelle talking Naima into jet skiing. I still remember Naima's face poor girl.

I hope by being here with Noelle and Naima we can rekindle our bond as sisters. Our bond as sisters has always been there, but lately it seems we haven't be connecting like we use to. Yea we talk on the phone, but it's not the same as it always been and I hope this trip would help us.

Noelle

The beach house looks the same. It's still the most beautiful place I have ever seen. The beach house has always been my favorite place in the world.

Me and my sisters have so many great memories. The best memory is when I convinced Naima to go jet skiing. I loved it, she hated.

Naima

The ocean is still serene, beautiful and peaceful. The beach house is still the same as I remembered. This place hold so many amazing memories and some that weren't amazing like letting Noelle talking me into jet skiing.

I miss my sisters and I can't wait to see them.

Nadia

I open the curtain and see my baby sister Noelle. Wow, she looks just as beautiful as ever. Walking up the driveway is my other baby sister Naima, just as regal as I remember her.

I walk to the door, open it. I rush to Noelle and give her a big hug, next is Naima.

Noelle

I hear the door opening. I see Nadia coming out, we both rush to each other and hug.

Naima

I see both my sisters. How much I miss them. Noelle and Nadia are hugging each other. Nadia looks at me, she rushes to me and we hug. Noelle is next.

Nadia

My sisters, my best friends, my world, my everything are here. They look gorgeous and successful. I couldn't be any prouder of the women I raised.

Noelle

I've never seen Nadia get this emotional. I guess me and Naima bring it out in her. Naima looks different, brave, strong. I'm truly happy for her.

Naima

My sisters. What can I say about them? They look amazing. Nadia, my big sister, Noelle, my baby sister, so beautiful. I am beyond happy to see them.

Nadia

My sisters and I go inside the beach house ready to create new and lasting memories. Me and my sisters are going to have fun. We are going to talk, make s'mores and so much more.

Noelle

Let the good times roll. Ready to create something memorable. This trip is going to be the best. Me and my sisters talking about everything that is happening with us, and then we are going to have fun doing something crazy.

Naima

Creating special memories with my two best friends is what we Collins do. I can't wait to see what Nadia and Noelle have planned for us especially Noelle. She is one daring person.

The Collins sisters

Together again.

Sisters forever, best friends forever, creating everlasting memories is the story of the Collins sisters.

February 03, 2022 01:46

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Courtney Moore
03:38 Feb 10, 2022

I like the premise here. Sisters, rekindling their relationship, from each of their viewpoints. I do think it switches a little too quickly. It doesn't give the reader enough time to get used to the change in speaker. It would be interesting if you wrote this story in three parts. The beginning, middle, and end- each from a different sister's point of view, so we have time to really get to know each sister and their unique voice/personality. You could also add a little conflict to really engage us. So much can happen on a sister's trip. Grea...

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.