1 comment

Adventure Fiction Romance

It was a cool morning on July 21, 1991, and I was getting ready to go on a walk with my guy friend, Alex. I got the leash off my desk, and went down stairs to get my dog Molly. I put my shoes on and went out my front door where Alex was waiting for me. It was 10:22, and we ran down to the trails, and started walking.

As Alex and I were walking, I saw a bike statue with names on a metal board. Pretty cool, they were a part of a bike club. We saw a weeping willow, and then turned a corner...

Where I saw the same bike statue? Yeah, I decided not to notice it, and continued walking. I didn't think Alex noticed it either, but he did make a weird face. We kept walking, and chatting, and then Molly pooped, so I picked it up and left the bag there, so on our way back I could pick it up. A few paces later Alex said, "Is it just me or are we going in circles?" I said that I felt it too, and we saw a bike rider, and asked them if they were stuck too. He pretty much just said no, and then he said that we were a crazy couple.

That really shook me, I am actually engaged, but definitely not to Alex. We kept walking again and I heard a small ding. I looked at my phone and it said that it got a message.

"Hey Hannah, I was at Starbucks, and I saw Clark with Jamie, and they looked like they were on a date, sorry to let you know this so soon to the wedding, love you friend, Chloe."

Wow. I just broke up with my fiance. I dropped a tear or two, and Alex asked why I was crying, so I told him. He kissed me on the cheek and said he loved me, and was sorry about Clark.

"You missed," I said and kissed him. We kept walking, this time holding hands. Molly needed to rest, we had been walking for hours, so we lay down in the grass, and then I noticed that the only person we saw that day was the bike rider. I looked at my phone and it said 9:47, but I was starting to get hungry, so I asked if Alex could order pizza and deliver it here. I knew it was a weird idea, but it didn't work. We went to sleep, and I had a dream that we got out at the same time we saw the biker that day. I told him the next morning and he said it was worth a try. We tried it, and we felt a small, hard breeze. We tried walking to my house, and it didn't work. We were still stuck, and my phone was at 100% literally two seconds ago, but was now dead, same with Alex's.


Fast foreword three years:

Me and Alex got married, and we had a beautiful baby girl. We never got out, but we can go anywhere in this area, which was about as big as 2 football fields, and we had a small house to live in. Molly found a stray dog, and we kept and cherished him, his name is Clash. Molly had about 13 puppies, and she is doing great. Me and Alex think we went thru a dimensional whole, but we do know that animals of all kinds live here with us. Every day the 2 football fields grow about 10 feet long, and 5 feet wide, and new fruit trees sprout every day as well. We were having a good life, and knew we would need to have many more kids one day, but for now we would only have 2. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I am pregnant. I haven't told Alex yet, but I will soon.

"Hi molly and puppies, how are you this morning?" I said, rubbing her head. Her Australian Shepard mix puppies were getting HUGE! Clash walked over to me, and his fluffy Golden Retriever coat sheds floated down as I petted him.

"I am gonna go down to the creek," I said to Alex.

"Bring Marley," Alex replied.

"She needs a nap!"

"I will try to get her down to sleep." he finally said.

"Clash!" I called him to come, I don't ever want to be alone in the forest.

Just then the wind blew, and a flyer came swooping down.


"Alex, Hannah, and Molly, missing 6 years today, have now been pronounced dead." And then a picture of us.


I wondered how it got in here, but I knew that every once and awhile, a small gap opens. We have many things from it; Clash, a brand new mattress that got left, or flew in, we don't really know, a 1994 calendar, a bag of Cheetos puffs, and now this flyer. I got the bucket I weaved, and then headed to the creek.

About a half a mile from the cabin, I saw a gorgeous tree, but it was different. A normal tree has a single stem or trunk and branches that support leaves. Beneath the ground, a tree has a root system that acts as an anchor and stores the water and nutrients the plant needs to grow. But this one has glowing branches, leaves, and a thick glowing trunk. Glittering fruit hung from the branches, bright glowing orange flowers were blooming too. I went to grab a fruit, but remembered that I might be separated from my family, or even worse. I wrote a note, and sent it on Clash's collar. I told him the key word "go home" and he ran back towards the cabin. A few minutes later I heard footsteps, and looked back, expecting to see Alex and Marley, but instead I saw... Chloe?

"Hannah? I thought you were dead." Chloe said.

Like for more, I am also writing this as a book, so be watching!!

April 05, 2023 18:12

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

11:44 Apr 17, 2023

I liked the story, a lot, however, you're new like me, and you need to allow yourself to play with the words a little, it sounds more like an informal tone instead of telling the story excitingly, and you can type in Grammarly,use their site, it helps a lot!!! I can also help you come up with ideas for your book if your still writing it,i keep this tab open,constantly looking for ideas of my own,but till then,i can help you! Just comment back if you need any help or company from another new user lol.And who is marley?

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.