1 comment

Fiction Thriller Western

'Ready?' shouted the Commander. 

'Sir, yes sir,' replied seven soldiers and a medic in unison strapped to their seat inside a hawk.  

'This is an in & out operation. No delay. See this Photo. He is the target. Neutralize him. Leave no witnesses. After that return to this Bird.'  

Then Commander Nick turned towards Keith the Medic and said, 'You will stay here with the rotor head. We will radio you in if needed.'

'Three Minute to touch down,' informed the pilot.

'Okay, boys. It is time to bag that bandit.'

They touched down, and all of the seven soldiers, including the Commander, made their way into the dense forest. 

Based on the order of the government, they were here to neutralize the drug kingpin and restore the law in this area. A task that their government always take upon their shoulders, no matter the physical distance.

'Wait.'

'Commander, there is some movement ahead. We were told that there would be none at this time of the night,' said Tom, one of the seven Navy Seals.

'Look Tom. He is not armed. Looks like a villager to me,' said Micky. one of the seven Navy Seals.

'No witnesses. Give him five minutes from our buffer. If he stays, then we neutralize him and proceed further,' ordered Nick.

After two to three minutes, that villager left. The road was clear to the Villa of that drug kingpin. They hurried cautiously and reached the opening of the forest nearby the perimeter wall. 

'Okay, Micky. Plant the C4' ordered Nick.

'Commander. Don't we need to check the perimeter?.'

'Scan the wall,' ordered Nick.

Tom scanned the wall with IR and found three heat signature behind the wall. It confirmed Micky's doubt. 

According to the intel received by them and discussed in the team briefing, there would be no one on the south side of the Villa. As it was near to the forest, there was no need for the guards to patrol that area. 

But the Intel turned out to be wrong. Two guards were patrolling the area on the entrance as planned by Nick and his team. 

'We have to neutralize them before blowing the wall,' ordered Nick.

'Sir, let's deploy the drone. It will take care of those two guards,' suggested Rick, one of the seven Navy Seals.

Nick nodded, and Rick removed a drone from his backpack. 

It was the latest model with the new ammunition that can neutralize the enemy within 300 ft. It operated with less to none noise due to its extremely light-weight carbon made rotors that ensured noiseless operation. 

'Sir, there are three people on the ground.'

'Rick, let me see,' said Nick. He was surprised to see that one of them was carrying a rocket-launcher AT4 pointing at the exact point of their entrance. The guard with the rocket launcher was trigger-ready. As if he knew that the intruders were going to enter from that side of the wall. 

'Listen team I don't believe in coincidence. These people are waiting for us on the other side of the wall. As if they already know about our plans. We need to improvise on our plan. We will use the front gate to enter the Villa.'

'Sir, there would be heavy artillery waiting for us at the entrance,' said Tom.

'That is where we would use a drone. I knew that there is a mole inside our office. So, I didn't mention the drone anywhere in the briefing. We will tackle them from the sky, and then we will enter the Villa.

Meanwhile, we will set up a decoy over here before taking over the front gate. Micky will detonate the C4 remotely. The security guards will attack, and these two drones will keep them busy. That will give us the time to enter the Villa easily.'

Nick ordered two of the eight soldiers to operate their drone besides the forest line to keep the guards engage. They will think the soldiers are firing on them, and that will give time to Nick and his team to enter the Villa from the front gate.

Micky planted the C4 charges and joined his team. They began their march towards the front gate. Nick checked the team members, one of them was missing.

'Where is Tom?' asked Nick

'He said that he would alone operate two drones. That will give us extra manpower.'

'Wait here. I will be back.'

Nick went to see Tom. He was surprised to see that Tom was talking to someone on the phone. 

'Who you are talking to, Tom?'

'No one,' said Tom as he was surprised to see Nick.

'Join us as we neutralize these three threats from the Villa.'

'Yes, sir.'

Nick went back to the team near the Front Entrance. They deployed the drones, and before they can take out the guards, a series of bullets ripped through the drones. The C4 explosion that was supposed to be the diversion failed. Micky was pressing the remote, but no detonation. 

'Sir, there is something wrong. Someone knows our every move.'

'Yes, time to improvise once again. I know how they know. But let us first do what we are here to do. Give me the explosive bar,' said Nick.

Nick wrapped the C4 around one intact drone, and with the help of IR Vision, dropped it on the group of guards assembled on the other side of the gate. 

The explosion took care of guards at the front entrance. As soon as Nick and his team came near the gate, the guards fired the rocket-launcher. An explosion took place near Nick and his team. The explosion took away three soldiers. 

'Fall back, Boys. Fall back,' ordered Nick.

'I saw Tom on the phone. I think he is the one,' said Rick

'Yeah, he was talking to someone when we came here. I think he passed our location and defuse those C4 bars,' doubted Micky.

Nick's suspicion grew strong, but for now, he had to enter and kill that drug lord. 

'Okay, we will use flashbang to enter. On my three, boys,' ordered Nick.

Before Nick can count three, a loud explosion rocked the Villa. The remaining guards made their way to the explosion. Tom started firing using drones and his gun. The guards retaliated, but Nick and the remaining soldiers of his team took care of them with bullets. 

They entered the Villa and bagged the bandit. 

Now was the time to evacuate. 

Nick ordered everyone back to helo.

'Who were you talking to?' asked Nick.

'My wife, he insisted on staying with her during the delivery.

Almighty blessed me with a son,' said Tom

Nick's suspicion faded and transformed into admiration. But on the grounds of discipline, Nick would report him for carrying a mobile. Otherwise, this mission was a success. 

December 02, 2020 09:16

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Laurentz Baker
07:53 Dec 08, 2020

Nice pace, dialogue, and description of maneuvers. Good finish.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.