Nature at its best

Submitted into Contest #90 in response to: Write about a community that worships Mother Nature.... view prompt

0 comments

Creative Nonfiction Mystery Suspense

I worship nature.  I am only one of a few who I know of that can actually talk to nature. I don’t know of many out there that has this ability to talk to nature, but it is something that can be a good thing, and a bad thing as well.  

Nature is thee most wonderous creation in this universe.  Nothing beats nature.  If you believe in God, then you believe in nature.  I worship both.  I find myself sometimes leaning more to nature for answers.  God has a tendency to give me crap and there is nowhere else to look, and you wonder, “Why did God deal me this crap?” With nature, I can just sit there and hear the answers around me.  Every sound is an answer to how I am feeling and how I will deal with my problems or issues at that time.  God has not dealt me many pleasant opportunities in life.  Nature has always been there for me.   

To me God is more like a jealous person who always makes sure to put you in your place, while nature is forthcoming and appreciative of what you bring with you.   Nature is forgiving. 

Nature is everywhere.  You can feel it and see it.  You can hear it.  I sit outside at night just listening to the sounds of nature all around me.  From an owl hooting in the background, which is really an eerie sound in the nighttime sky.  But it’s still a wonderous thing.  Its nature talking.   

Everyone I have ever known and loved has turned against me because I am a naturalist.  Nobody believes in my views in life, so they push me away.  I was brought up under horrible conditions.  The only place I could ever find in my life to find any kind of piece or sanctuary was when I was in nature with no one else around me.   

I tend to see things in life in a different perspective than most people I know.  When I see something happen, I tend to say it as I see it.  I have a hard time wondering why people don’t see things the way that I tend to see them.  It’s like most people hold a blind eye to so much around them that they live a life that is really a lie.  I tend to be forward and speak what I actually see.  It is a gift I possess, among others.  I call it a gift, but it can actually be my own worst enemy. 

Prayers never got me anywhere but wondering, “Why me? “ “What have I done in life to deserve this?”  There is nothing I would like more than to believe in God as so many of the people do. I wish I could put my heart and soul into a God that everyone says is so forgiving. But I don't find God so forgiving. I have tried time and time again to put my faith in God. As I have said earlier, I do believe in God, but I find so many more answers in nature. It is the one place that I can go and find a piece of mind. I am one with nature. I have given up on people altogether.  Nothing good ever comes from people.  People are a very pushy, moody, unforgiving bunch.   

I am so into nature that when I see a pheasant standing by the roadside day after day on my way to and from work, it makes me sad because he is alone.  Like he is looking for his one-time love or maybe his one-time love died.  But seeing him alone just makes me sad, but glad to see his beautiful self standing by the side of the road, like he is looking at me saying, “Hi.  I’ve see you before.  How are you? “  

When I see creatures squished in the road, it makes me so sad.  Tears actually come to my eyes.  I find it hard to drive back and forth to work because I am so afraid of hitting one of those creatures.  I don’t know what I would do if I ever hit one of them?  I feel bad when I hit moths or dragonflies with my car. Driving a car for me is like enjoying the scenery and the music, but also being leary of anything that might be moving anywhere near the roadside.     

I can talk to the birds.  If I sit outside long enough while birds are hanging around a tree that I may be sitting under, I can get them to fly down to my finger and sit on my forefinger. This is who I am.  I had a wild chipmunk as a pet once.  I would sit down and wait and talk to him and he would come out and come over to me and I would feed him any kinds of seeds that I had on hand for my birds.   

I see garbage scattered all along the roadside on my way to and from work that it makes me sad.  It makes me mad and sad to see how the people are destroying their homelands and they don’t even give a crap. I feel sad for the creatures because they are having to live within this garbage in our world and there is nothing no one can do about it.  People do not care.    

I have seen ghosts.  I have lived with ghosts.  I know spirits are out there.  I truly believe that my daughter is possessed by one of these spirits that was once part of our world.  We have moved several times since the hauntings with our first house.  The only spirit I can detect at all is the one that latched onto my daughter's spirit.   But that is a whole other story.   

So, it’s hard for me to say that there is no God because I have indeed seen spirits.  But I have more faith in nature and that nature is the true and only answer to life itself.  I believe that life is held within the arms of nature.   

I know with nature comes flooding, volcanoes, hurricanes, and so much more.  Nobody has ever said that nature is kind.  Just as God, Nature has its ways of showing us that it has it’s limits also and there are reasons behind why things so drastic happen.   

Maybe if you look at it in both perspectives, God and Nature both have their good and their bad.  It’s just which one you are most comfortable with, and which one do you find more answers with?  Me I stick with nature because it seems to hurt a whole lot less and I am at peace in and among it.   I am one with nature.   

April 16, 2021 17:49

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.