undying love from angel falls forest

Submitted into Contest #137 in response to: Write a story about somebody in love with someone from their past.... view prompt

0 comments

Fantasy Fiction Romance

He was only meant to be in love with her for a minute, what felt like a lifetime of agony, that constant pining of affection. Ernie Earnshaw knew best he had it all; after all, he was the captain of the football team, he was the most popular kid on campus at the college of the knights high. What seemed like a perfectly normal teenager, but he had a past he couldn't get past this girl that he had met in the forest her acquittance was none like the other girls who he had met she was different her pale complexed skin, her shining blue eyes her hands delicate and refined. It was a strange place to meet the forest, but it was not odd to her. She had Ernie in a trance of dancing fairies, but alas, their love was not meant to be, for the girl hid a secret she held it close to her heart, she knew that loving a human was wrong, and it would give a bad name to her families legacy.

But still, Lucinda loved Ernie; she could not deny that; however, the girl with no surname, with pale skin, indeed was a big giveaway to why she couldn't love another soul as beautiful as her. Lucinda was a mixer breed half-fairy, half-werewolf; her mother Louisianan was a fair fairy, and her father Howard was a masked werewolf. They, too, met in the forest, but their love was lucky enough to survive. Usually, werewolves stick to their own kind, and fairies are forbidden to love outside, yet here Lucinda stood in the middle of the forest, deep and dark with love in her heart; she could not stop thinking about Ernie; she had only known him a spilled second, and she knew their hearts would beat as one.

As the forest grew dark with anticipation, Lucinda smiled at Ernie. 'been here before, have you, Like the view does you. She half-heartedly joked, and Ernie couldn't resist her laugh; he melted inside his heart began to flicker. He had never felt like this before; he did not want this to end. Ernie, are you OK? She said I was fine. Whenever I am around you, I feel like I have known you my entire life. Lucinda smiled. I feel you, your soul and mine intertwined with the light. Ernie, you know this can't last, though; she felt sad, bereaved by the movement of the wind. She loved Ernie and did not want to let him go, but she loved her family more as the legacy was never to fall in love with a human. So instead of hurting him further, she said," I can't do this anymore, Ernie'. Why Ernie said, I love you, Lucinda, that has to count for something.

I am sorry, Ernie, I have let this go on too long, and with tears trickling down her face, she left him alone in the forest; she was gone within a split second too fast for Ernie to catch her. Back at school, Ernie felt deflated, like he had been sucked out all the blood from him like a vampire had done the deed; maybe he would feel better if the vampire had done it.

Luke Radge seemed to sense Ernie's mood. Luke is Ernie's best friend.

"what is up, dude? It is like you have seen a ghost for the last few days; your mood has been no. 

Suitable for my social life". He tried to make a joke usually that would have made Ernie laugh, but today he was feeling low without her, everywhere even in school reminded him of her, the trees were pointed, his heart slaughtered like a lion's den. So instead of mopping around, will you mind telling your best friend what is wrong. 

Sorry dude, I just met a girl while traveling with mum and dad to angel falls, and I met her in the forest; it was magically bliss.

So this is what it is about your in love or loved up as they call it, 

Yes, but I am never going to see her again 

She gave me the boot

Mate, I wish I could say something that would ease your pain. 

But I can't. All I can say is this stop holding onto the past; the chick obviously doesn't want you, so get over it.

I can't you don't understand she's the love of my life 

To be fair, you have only known this girl for a single day 

It's the best day of my life, and I am in love. 

But doesn't love to grow. I am telling you when I looked into those beautiful blue eyes, my heart quickened when we spoke for hours about silly things, the weather, how it moves, but we had a connection, and I know Lucinda felt it too,

Look, that is a lovely name, by the way, but we need to go to football practice we need to be focused Ern this is our last chance to impress the scouts, 

How can I go football practice like this when all I can think about is her,

And her angelical voice echoing against the lovely willow trees.

OK, man, snap out of it. 

Luke slammed the book on the table, and Ernie Jumped out of the daydream.

Oi what did you do that for replied a cross Ernie 

Look, you be OK. I will help you find her. 

OK, let us go now. My heart cannot wait a day longer for her presence.

As the air grew faint upon the forest walls, the lake glistened with anticipation, and Ernie and Luke Stood in the place where Ernie had first laid eyes on his blossoming creature; you know, Ernie, this place may be beautiful, but I am starting to get a little freaked out. Where is she? I swear she was here the last time we met. 

Look, let us go; we never going to find her. 

Just as they were about to leave, the trees grew darker and out of the shadows came a werewolf "who dares enter the forest of angel falls; 

Look, man, I am not staying around to get howled at. We need to go now 

No, it is OK 

I thought werewolves didn't exist said a brave Ernie 

Well, you thought wrong, child; what is your purpose here? Why do you come here? 

Look, I am sorry, I am looking for a girl named Lucinda 

The werewolf grew darker 

By Lucinda 

You don't understand

I love her, sir. I would do anything for her 

The werewolf laughed. Ha, my Lucinda, and a human 

Excuse me, Lucinda is not human; she is a werewolf 

Not just any werewolf 

She is the queen of angel falls, and she will not be trove to a human 

But I love her. I don't care that she is a werewolf or a queen; I am in love. Please let me see her 

Come on, mate, he doesn't want us to go there; it's not worth getting involved 

Just as the sunset was on the horizon, and the werewolf Lucinda's father was about to call the werewolves to fight the humans in the forest, Lucinda came flying in dad, stop this is why I said nothing to him he knows nothing of our world, but he is exposed to you, and he says he's in love with you Lucinda I love him to dad, but I told him that I can't be with him for this exact reason,

Please let them go. Replied a frantic Lucinda 

OK, but we will have to erase their memories 

No, they both shouted, but as the light came into view, their shadows were forbidden. 

I will always love you said Lucinda to Ernie. 

You cant do this. There must be another way Ernie was crying now 

I am sorry, but its time for you to move on; Ernie, it is for the best 

And just like that, both boys' memories were erased.

The boys awoke the next day feeling happy, with no mention of what happened in the forest; it was as if it were a dream.

But Lucinda watched over the boys, especially Ernie. She felt a pang of pain in her chest. Her love had been dismissed. How could this happen? How could the love die down?

Ernie seemed happy though that was the main thing. Then, just as she was about to leave tears in her eyes, she felt a shadow, and a hand appeared on her shoulder. Lucinda is that you; the voice belonged to Ernie. 

But how she said 

Because we are in love, our love cannot be swiped away 

Like memories, but you are in danger if you are in love with me 

I will take my chances 

Just because you're a past love does not mean I cannot spend time with you. I love you forever in a day. 

And they both kissed each other passionately, all their troubles slipping away. The sun shone bright, and their love lasted forever.

March 16, 2022 02:08

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.