Finding Me Finding Us

Written in response to: End your story with someone finding themselves.... view prompt

0 comments

Drama Romance Christmas

       Sachi Blair was the lead actress in the famous Christmas Broadway show, Home for the Holidays. She was an up and coming star and knew that this role would be the one that would change her acting career. There were several big name directors and acting managers in the audience tonight. This would be the show night that would really kick off her career. But tonight was the first night of the show and she was nervous, more nervous tonight than any other night because of what was at stake. She couldn’t stop the nausea in her stomach or her hand from shaking. 

            Two hours before she needed to get ready to go on, she was sitting in her dressing room in her robe, when there was a knock on the door. She gets up and opens the door. Standing there was a dozen long stem red roses in a beautiful crystal vase! She couldn’t see the deliverers face. All she could see was a pair of legs and hands that were holding the roses.

            The voice behind the roses says, “Ms. Blair, I have a flower delivery for you.”

            “Thank you. I can take them,” she replied.

            When she grabbed the roses she was finally able to see the face behind the beautiful bouquet. “Jerry Miles!” she yells out in excitement, “I haven’t seen you since we graduated from college! What are you doing here? I can’t believe they let you back here! Oh wait, I forgot, you are that famous, gorgeous, single hunk of an actor now!”

            She let him inside and they walked over to the couch and set down.

            Laughing he replied, “Well for starters, I was in town to film a new movie when I saw the add for the show. When I saw that you were playing the leading actress, there was no way that I could not come see you. I know we decided not to date anymore and focus on our careers after college, but I have been waiting for the day when you would finally feel that you had made the big leagues so we could get back together.”

            “You know that is not at all funny Jerry. But I am so glad to see you just the same. Thank you for the beautiful flowers,” she responded as she got up and walked over to the counter and sat them down.

            “I am being very serious Sachi. I have been in love with you since sophomore year and when we broke up right after graduation, we said it would only be for a while so we could make our dreams come true and be famous and successful in our acting careers. I have been waiting for four years for us to get to our successful place. But we can be so much more successful together as a power couple,” he said in a very serious tone.

            “You are serious, aren’t you? You really believe that we can get back together and we can both have successful careers. I mean you already have a successful career. And as far as you waiting on me, I was under the impression that, per the media, you have had a lot of girlfriends,” she replied back.

            “Well, let me start by saying that it is true when you hear ‘don’t believe everything that you see or hear in the media. I have not been dating in years. I have been focused on my career and waiting for you. There have been no dates and definitely no girlfriends. I love you. You are the love of my life and I am tired of sitting here and pretending to still be in agreement with a decision that you made years ago. I wasn’t in agreement with it then, but I saw that you really thought it was best for us. But it wasn’t. I have been miserable without you and all the success and fame in the world will never take the place of how lost I am without you,” he replied.

            “Oh Jerry, I have missed you too. I regretted that decision within the first week we agreed on it. But I thought, because you agreed with it without a debate, that you wanted that too. We had always talked and been very open about our dreams and goals. And I have spent the last four years with so much regret and I have also been lost without you. I love you with all of my heart and there is nothing more that I want than to take on the movie industry as your girlfriend,” she said.

            “I want more than us just taking on the industry as your boyfriend. I want to take it on with you are my wife,” he said as he pulled a rind box out of his pocket. “Sachi, you are my completion. The one person in this world who truly understands me and the only person I want to share everything in my life with for the rest of my life. Will you do me the honor of being my wife?” he asked.

            With tears flowing down her face she said, “There is nothing that would make me happier than to be your wife and spend the rest of my life with you. My answer is yes! Yes, I will marry you!” She squealed. 

            He wiped the tears from her face, placed the six karat diamond ring on her finger, then leaned down and kissed her. First he kissed her eyes, then her cheeks, then, finally, he kissed her lips. They had so much time to catch up on, but he didn’t want to speed through this moment.  So, he took his time, parting her lips and tasting her again. She tasted this same. Man he had missed her. 

            When they pulled apart, she looked up and the clock and jumped up saying, “OMG, I have got to get ready!”

            He laughed and said, “Break a leg babes! I will be on the first row cheering you on.”

            At this moment, they had found themselves and each other again. It was the start to a wonderful new life together and to their successful careers.

December 11, 2021 05:27

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.