0 comments

Drama Funny Fiction

“This is my best dream ever.”

  Luke woke up saying these words. He saw becoming a millionaire in his dream. He had a huge mansion and all of the luxury cars you could ever find on the planet Earth. For the record, he was known as an extremely lucky person. He would win every single giveaway that he participated in. He never experienced any sort of problem in his life thanks to his luck. If he wanted something to happen, that was destined to occur. And now he wanted to become a millionaire thanks to his most recent dream. He didn't want it before, because he never needed much money, his good fortune was enough for him. However, that dream really made an impact on him and now he couldn't think of anything other than buying that mansion.

  Probably surprising for you but not for him, there was a lottery being held at that moment. He was going to go there, participate in the lottery and win the highest prize money possible with ease. Just like every other time.

  With these thoughts in his mind, Luke jumped out of his bed like usual to get up. But the carpet slipped and he lost his balance.

"Woah!" he shouted. He had never tripped before, he didn't know how to maintain his balance so he fell flat on the floor.

What... was that? This was literally the first time he fell. Even during his childhood, he never did. His head was in immense pain. Was he going to die?

Of course not, but he never felt pain before, so it's natural that he thought he was going to. He slowly got up and groped his head. Was it still there? It appeared so.

"Why did I fall for the first time at the age of 30?" he asked himself after finally realizing what having pain feels like. After having trouble walking because of his headache, he finally reached the bathroom where he thought he could wash his face and get ready for the day. Nevertheless, destiny stabbed him in the face, and he found the broken lever of the tap in his hand after turning it on. The water kept coming like a torrent and he didn't know what to do. He panicked, tried to put the lever back on but couldn't do it. While he was trying his hardest to fix the situation, the tap itself couldn't handle the force and blew up, completely wetting him and the bathroom floor. With the tailspin, he tried to put the tap back on but he slipped on the wet floor and bumped his head on the sink.

  He was laying on the floor. In pain. While getting wet and the water filling out the room non-stop. He knew he needed to get up and try to stop this charade but he was so shocked that he couldn't move an inch. Why the hell did this happen to an incredibly lucky person like him? He thought about this until the level of the water in the room exceeded his head and realizing that he was about to drown. He quickly got up and tried to put the tap and its lever back on. After struggling with it long enough, he finally managed to fix the situation and stopped the water. The whole room had turned into a swimming pool. The water was reaching up to his lower back. He had no idea what to do, so he opened the door and let the water flow through every single room of his house, making nearly every piece of furniture of him soaked wet.

  He probably needed to get rid of the water in his house and clean the place but he was so stunned by this definitely unexpected bad fortune, he just wanted everything to end and go back to normal. He didn't even know how to fix this unlucky situation, he never found himself in any type of problem ever before. He was still believing in his luck though. Or at least wanted to. He changed his clothes and went out. The water filling the house flowed out after he opened his door to the outside.

  "Well, at least one problem solved." he thought and headed off for the lottery. "Money can solve every problem, right? I can fix this situation with the millions of dollars I'm about to earn. Right?"

He was asking himself these questions while crossing the road.

  At least until realizing a truck hit him

head-first and he is in a goddamn hospital room all bandaged up with a broken leg.

  "What the actual f..."

  A nurse came into the room with a bowl in her hands.

  "Oh, you're finally awake," she said with a smile. "Don't worry, you're going to be fine, I've brought you some soup to get your energy up."

She walked towards him and gave him the bowl. He took it but his hands were shaking because of what happened to him and it ended up him spilling all of that hot soup on himself.

  "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" he screamed at the top of his lungs.

  "I'm so sorry, please let me help you."

  "NO! STOP! DON'T TOUCH ME!" he yelled, wanting to get the hell away from every godforsaken thing ever. He got up, but couldn't walk because of his broken leg and fell to the floor... Again...

  "Sir, I think you broke your other leg as well."

  "..."

  "Let me help you." she offered, but he refused, laying on the floor, by only raising his hand and pouring out the following words from his mouth:

  "Let... me... rest..."


  ...


  It was a pitch-black, silent night. The only thing that can be heard was the sound of the crickets. Luke jumped out of his bed like usual to get up. However this time it wasn't intentional. He was out of breath. He heard a beeping sound and quickly checked his phone to see a message:

  "Congratulations on winning a billion dollars from the national lottery!"

  It was from the lottery he participated in a couple of days ago.

  "Oh..." he mumbled and gave a big sigh of relief. "I see now..."

"This is my worst nightmare ever."

October 01, 2021 19:11

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.