0 comments

Friendship High School Science Fiction

“We have to take over these humans, they treat their planet like shit. We are here today androids to save 76342, so called Earth. We are here for a purpose. We are here to save earth from becoming a waste land-”

“Headmaster, what if we fail? What if this is destined,” interrupts Android 345.

“There isn’t anything as destiny, Android 345 let me finish next time,” says the headmaster.

“Before we plan for destruction, we have to find all their secrets. Android 10, you have been selected. You shall go undercover with the humans to find their deepest, darkest, secret. Your mission is very important. The 76342 is defending you and so are we.” Headmaster says in a robotic voice like usual

“Yes, Headmaster, I shall do whatever is needed too,” Android 10 response. 

“Android 10 go to the back of the spaceship for more detail on your mission,” says Headmaster. 

Android 10 walks to the back of the medium spaceship. Android 10 exits the meeting room and continues walking. 

“Android 10, I will be helping you get ready for your mission. We will disguise you as a human and you shall find the darkest secrets earth holds,” says Headmaster 3 meeting him in front of a door. 

“Okay, I shall do whatever I need to,” says Android 10. 

“We will transfer videos of humans and how they interact, play and much more. Those sources should help on your mission. Remember we are depending on you. Follow me so we could start sending data into your software.”

Android 10 follows Headmaster 3 into the room that they have been standing in front of while they were talking. 

“Could I take your chip, for downloading,” says the headmaster, taking Android 10’s chip from his neck. When the chip leaves Android 10’s robotic body, he drops to the floor. Headmaster 3 plugs the chip into a computer and starts downloading human data. 

Headmaster 3 plugs the chip back to Android 10. Android 10 rises back on his feet and is flooded with moments that include humans. He sees and learns about war, pollution, violence and more heartbreaking data. 

“Whatever you just saw in your data you may not tell anyone. Humans are evil monsters and we have to stop them,” says Headmaster 3

Android 10 is still frozen, not knowing what to say. He has this feeling that he never had before. He can’t describe it, but he remembers in his lessons it’s called scared and frightened, but he refuses to believe it's a feeling because androids don’t have any feelings they do what they need to. They do what they are programmed to do, nothing else. 

“Android 10, pay attention! You will be transformed to look like a human on the outside. Come in Makeup crew,” says Headmaster 3. 

Out of nowhere 3 androids come in with a cart of supplies each. The androids quickly unpack and start on Android 10's face.  

In 1 hour, 2 minutes and 49 seconds Android 10 looks into a mirror and sees another person. Not himself. He looks like a human in the data he saw. 

“Here is a pack of clothes, this mission shouldn’t last that long. You are male boy, 14 years old and you are in Highschool. Your name will be Miles Johnson. Nothing too difficult to memorize,” explains Headmaster 3. 

Android 10 repeats the name Miles in his head, he feels the feeling of joy, he likes this name. He likes being called Miles, not Android 10. He’s too busy saying his new name over and over, he doesn’t realize that the makeup crew left. 

“I almost forgot, here are these communication pieces so you could report back,” says Headmaster 3 giving him a min tablet. 

“When will I be leaving,” asks Miles. 

“Now, you will be given a tiny spaceship, it’ll lead you to a small barn which you will be staying in, while your mission. Remember you need to go to Highschool which will be across the street, starting at 8 sharp. Make sure no one knows where you're staying or who you actually are.” 

“Understood. I shall do what I am programmed to,” says Miles following Headmaster 3 to the back of the room, where all the spaceships are. 

Miles heads into the tiny spaceship and buckles up. 

“We are all depending on you,” shout Headmaster 3 before launching Miles into space. 

The spaceship turns around, facing earth now. Then it blasts towards earth going 675 mph. Miles keeps his eyes closed because usually he gets sick going this quickly and he doesn’t want to start his mission badly. 

Without warning the spaceship started going slowly and Miles spotted a blue and white barn. Wait! No, it’s a shed. Headmaster 3 was wrong. Miles also could see the sun rising. 

This is called a sunrise he recalls from the data he collected. Miles is speechless, he never saw a sunrise in space, especially this beautiful. 

“Wow,” Miles says with amazement, but quickly realized that he landed. He landed in the bushes. Which is a bit difficult get get out of. 

In a few minutes he figures it out. He remembers the instruction, he starts school at 8:00. Miles checks his tablet-

“DING DONG,” goes a loud bell across the street. Miles quickly realizes that the bell means school is starting. 

Oh no, Miles thinks to himself. He starts to run, while he’s running he recalls the memories of war of how cruel humans are. What if I’m not brave enough? What if I’m going to fail? Miles tells himself, but deep down he knows if he goes back, he’ll get turned off, because Miles was programmed. He was programmed for this mission. 

Miles doesn’t want to be different, different is bad is what he has been told. He arrives in the front door of the tall building. 

Miles walks in, he walks in brave and ready for his mission to begin. He should be proud that he is selected for this job. 

“Hello, I’m Julian. I’m going to introduce you to the school,” says Julian, in a white shirt. 

“Hello. I am Miles. I am in Highschool,” says Miles, trying his best to sound as human as possible. 

“Yeah I know, I am in Highschool to. Anyways, why are you talking in a robot voice,” asks Julian. 

“I.... like... robots,” Miles says silently. 

“I like robots as well! Okay let's get to our classroom. You were supposed to come early for a tour , but it’s alright,” says Julian. 

“Oh, I didn’t know. I know this might sound silly but I never was in a school. I also was wondering if we could be friends,” Miles says silently again. 

“Friends-”

“I totally understand if you don’t want to,” Miles interrupted. 

“No, I really would love a friend! You know I’m not the super popular kid and I don’t have friends,” Julian says happily. 

Suddenly on Mile’s face a smile began to appear. And all that data of the war fades away. He has this warm feeling that he never felt. He never felt this kind of-

“Are you alright?”

“Oh yeah sorry, I just wandered off,” Miles says. 

“Well here is our class,” says Julian entering class. Miles looks up and sees 3 numbers on the door. 205. In our spaceship each room is a number named from someone superior. Miles says to himself. 

Miles enters the room and starts to bow to the tall lady. In Miles community this is how you show respect to a superior that you never meet before. 

“Miles, is that right. You don’t need to bow,” says the tall lady. Everyone starts to laugh. Why are they laughing? This is respectful and necessary. Miles looks at Julian and he isn’t laughing. Julian starts walking towards Miles to help him up. 

“Miles, you don’t need to bow, I’m your teacher, Ms. Spotter,” says the teacher. 

“You should do that to the principal.” Everyone starts the laugh even more. Miles realizes that on this planet you don’t bow. He starts to feel embarrassed and runs out of the room. 

Miles runs, he runs as fast as he can. He wants to get away, he doesn't want this mission. He stops when he is at a corner. Suddenly he spots Julian coming after him.  

“Miles, don’t let them see you upset. If you want you could come over to my house,” says Julian. 

“I just made a fool of myself. Humans are so cruel,” Miles shouted without thinking. 

“Look, You and I are nice people, but everyone has their flaws. We are all different, no one is perfect. I wasn’t all nice, I used to kick and cry when I was a baby. My mother had a difficult time with me.”

“You're telling me, I could be different? Differences are good?”

“Yes, differences are what makes us what we are. Do you wanna come over to my house after class?” 

“What do you mean?” 

“Well you could come over to my house, where I live so we could have fun.” 

“Okay.”

“I have a big secret, can you keep it a secret?”

“Yeah, I think I can,” says Miles excited to finally get at least a small part of his mission complete. 

“I like Naomi, I think she’s kind of cute,” Julian says, blushing a little.

“Oh, I got to use the bathroom, could you show me where that is,” lies Miles. Miles is just excited that he finally uncovered a secret. He is eager to tell his androids back in space. 

“There it is,” says Julian pointing at the end of the hallway. Miles runs quickly towards the bathroom all his mind is thinking about this the excitement of his fellow android. 

He enters the bathroom, checks if anyone else is in there.

 When the coast is clear he enters a stall. He takes out the tablet, but right there he realizes that Earth is where he belongs. He belongs on 76342. On 76342 the differences are embraced. Yes, there is pain, but there's joy too. Joy empowers the pain. Earth isn’t perfect but it brings joy, kindness, awesome adventures and much more. On my planet everything is perfect, no one is happy or sad. No one has any kind of feeling. 

Miles dumped the tablet into the toilet and flushed the mini tablet. With a huge smile on Mile's face.


February 25, 2021 20:52

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.