2 comments

Drama

Lily's only goal was to finish her study but seems like her situation makes it more harder for her, but despite that she didn't let anything to stop her from going into university and study the course she wanted.

She took a lot of possible ways to provide her needs and luckily, she survived the first year of being a college student.

It was rough as she needs to manage her time well for study and at the same time for work.

"Miss, I'm sorry we can't accept your promissory note" said by the registrar.

She heavily sighed. Leaving the office hopeless.

'there's no way at all' She murmured to herself.

She sat down on one of the benches in the hallway and pulled her hair out of frustration.

'where am I able to find 70 dollars to complete my tuition fee?' she said out of frustration. That's only her problem, she already came to every help she can get but it still not enough for her to pay full tuition fee for this year. That's why she attempt on sending a promissory note she used last year but it was rejected.

Tomorrow will be the last day of payment, if she wasn't able to pay until tomorrow, she will be automatically drop out.

She was about to cry by the thought but she stopped herself and Just went home instead.

"How was your enrollment?" Her mom asked. She slightly smile. "Mom, I think I should stop schooling for now"

Her mom got worried about her child's statement. "Why?" She asked.

"My tuition fee, it's still not enough and there's no way already because tomorrow would be the last day of payment"

"I'm sorry Lily, if only I could do something" Her mom apologetically smiled at her.

"No, mom it's okay" she just smiled to not let her mom knows what she really feels.

Later on, she have thought of someone who could only be her hope.

She texted her best friend. If she could borrow money from her parents in exchange of anything.

𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐲, 𝐢𝐟 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮

It was a message from her best friend. Again, being hopeless occupies her thoughts.

𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲 :) 𝐈 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝.

She replied.

She's already losing hope.

Lily woke up by the loud rain outside. She checked her phone immediately and look at the time. She felt relieved when it's still the same day, she thought she had fallen asleep for too long.

Her eyes pinned into her old laptop that was placed on her study table. She's been thinking about this all along now. And when she finally decided, hope starts to enveloped within herself.

She decided to sell her laptop.

"𝘊𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵?" Her hopeful buyer requested.

"I'm sorry, I can't give you a discount, because I really need it for my tuition fee" she begs.

"𝗢𝗸𝗮𝘆 𝗜'𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝘂𝘆 𝗶𝘁" Her buyer decided.

"Omygod, thank you so much. I can guarantee you that my laptops works hundred percent" she gladly told her buyer.

The buyer just smiled at her and leave.

She was really happy. But her mother didn't know anything about this idea of hers, she just think of replacing it once she got her salary for next month.

'finally!!!' she uttered to herself.

She woke up early today, as today was the last day of payment and she have to make it in time. Because of excitement she just put her money inside her backpack and went off.

It was already a long line when she got in school.

After how many hours of waiting finally it's her turn.

"Miss, Diaz you paid less than 2 dollars" I was about to leave when the registrar speak. I stiffened at where I'm standing and my heart starts to pound fast.

"Ma'am, it's complete 500 dollars, I just checked it out awhile ago" I told her out nervously. I open my bag to check if there's still a left dollars in it, but there's nothing left anymore. How can this happen?

"Ma'am I'm sure it's complete" I almost cried. This can't be happening.

I was literally panicking, and felt embarrassed as I seeing another student watching next to me but i was worried more on how would I able to pay that loss 2 dollars. I'm still looking at my bag double checking, but I really can't find anything here except my papers.

"Here miss, for the lady" I looked at who lend a 2 dollars at the registrar and I can't absorb what just happened. I came back to my senses when the regristar called me.

"It's okay now Miss. Diaz you're fully paid, NEXT!" I get my receipt and immediately went outside to chase that man who just save me. I didn't have a chance to say thank you because he left quickly.

I toured my eyes around the hallway looking for that man and when I see a familiar figure of him I ran as fast as I could to reach him.

"Hey!" I called out but he didn't seem to hear me. I ran faster until I was able to touch his arm.

"Hey!" He turned around looking surprise.

"Uhm about earlier, I want to say thank you! Promise I'll pay you in no time" I told him.

"It's nothing, you don't have to I'm glad to help" he smiled at me.

"No, I can't accept that, I have to pay you" I insisted.

"Okay, if that's the case" he gave up and agreed.

"So, how can I pay you?" I ask.

"Well, there's only one way"

"What is it?" I am really nervous about what he's going to answer.

"Be my tutor"

"Okay, so here we just need to solve this x" I pointed out at the notebook.

Yes, I accepted his offer and I've been tutoring him for a month now and we already consider each other as buddies.

"Okay, I think I already know what to do" He said still looking at the equation.

"𝑂𝑘𝑎𝑦 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑎𝑐𝑐𝑒𝑝𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑜𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑟" 𝐼 𝑠𝑎𝑖𝑑 𝑡𝑜 ℎ𝑖𝑚.

"𝐺𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡, 𝑠𝑜 𝑖𝑛 𝑒𝑥𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑡𝑢𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑒 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑝𝑎𝑦 𝑦𝑜𝑢 10 𝑑𝑜𝑙𝑙𝑎𝑟𝑠" 𝐼 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑛𝑜𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑙𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑛 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑣𝑒𝑙𝑦, 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑒 ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔 ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑑𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠.

"𝑂𝑘𝑎𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡'𝑠 𝑠𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒𝑑, ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑑𝑖𝑡𝑐ℎ 𝑚𝑒" ℎ𝑒 𝑗𝑜𝑘𝑒𝑑.

"𝑂𝑓 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑠𝑒, 𝐼 𝑤𝑜𝑛'𝑡"

"𝐺𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡, 𝑠𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚 𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑜𝑛 𝑤𝑒'𝑟𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑢𝑑𝑑𝑦 𝑏𝑢𝑑𝑑𝑖𝑒𝑠" ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑜 𝐼 𝑓𝑜𝑙𝑙𝑜𝑤𝑒𝑑 ℎ𝑖𝑚 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑣𝑒𝑠 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜𝑔𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟.

"𝑇ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑡𝑢𝑡𝑜𝑟?" 𝐼 𝑡𝑜𝑙𝑑 ℎ𝑖𝑚.

"𝑌𝑒𝑎ℎ 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑤𝑒'𝑟𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑔𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑎 𝑏𝑒 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑠𝑜 𝐼'𝑚 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑎𝑑𝑣𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒"

"𝑂𝑘𝑎𝑦, 𝑖𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑎𝑦 𝑠𝑜" 𝐼 𝑐ℎ𝑢𝑐𝑘𝑙𝑒𝑑.

I came back to my senses when some ugly looking creature poke my forehead.

"What was that for?" I hissed.

"You're spacing out again, monkey I keep calling you but you were not responding" he said, pissed off.

"I'm sorry okay? Hahaha what was that again?" I look at his notebook and explain everything to him.

𝑺𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒑 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒅. 𝑾𝒆 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒃𝒐𝒕𝒉 𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒖𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝑳𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒏 𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒔.

"𝑾𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒃𝒖𝒅𝒅𝒚, 𝒉𝒊𝒈𝒉 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆!" 𝑾𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒕𝒉 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓.

𝑼𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒐𝒏𝒅, 𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒔.

August 27, 2020 15:40

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

07:07 Sep 03, 2020

This is a very nice, warm story. I can relate to it! The ending is good. Just mind some of your grammar. Keep writing!

Reply

Assiah Peralta
20:47 Sep 03, 2020

Thankyou so much! I appreciate your feed back! ♥️

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2024-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.