1 comment

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Horror

Life of a 17 year old teenager is lot messier. No one can understand how we feel . We become alone even when we are surrounded by a lot of people around. We cannot share anything with our parents because they cannot understand . They can only point out the mistakes . And then the frustration changes into hatred. Just like in my case .

I am Anna , the 17 year old teenager , who is always in frustration and always pissed on my mom. She is like a annoying radio which is specialised in showing my mistakes , my flaws . I cannot share anything with her because she cannot understand me but always pull out the negative in me. She has the old age thinking and on that basis she judges a "good" or "bad" person.

I am so tired and sick of this family . Annoyed by my little sister who keeps interfering in my business and my father who doesn't even have time to talk to me ,who never have attended my any school function and i always end up waiting for him to come. Well , i am only satisfied by my 10 months old brother . I like him the most in the family because he can't speak , he can't say anything . All he can do is make funny and cute faces and melt my anger down .

There was a serious bust up today between mom and me . I didn't show up at dinner and no one bothered to call because i am sure mom would be assuming this as my act of ego.

I just want to sleep to end the day but i am so tired to live like this and i want something to happen . So I prayed .

" Dear god please , i am exhausted with fighting with my mother . No one understands me here. I want to be alone. That would be fine if no one would be here to understand me but atleast no one would be present to judge me or negate me or punish me on unnecessary things. Just make everyone else disappear . Please God please. " I finished my prayer with drops of tears.

I closed my eyes to sleep and as i was towards deep sleep everything went black . In a couple of moments , it was morning. I woke up myself . Got a reminder of yesterday's dispute in my head . I was feeling hungry so i got out of my room and went to kitchen. I pulled up a chair and took a bread to eat.

" Did you brushed?" Mom asked. " God , Anna stop being such a stubborn child " " you are the eldest in your siblings and yet you behave like a 6 year old child " she started yelling. I could do nothing but to ignore her and moved toward Jamie , my brother to play with him . Mother huffed in displeasure.

" Your physics teacher called to remind about your today's assignment because you were not submitting your assignments on time from last 4 times. "

" Is your assignmemt ready?" She asked.

" After yesterday's fight , you think that i could concentrate on my assignmemt and make it ready ?" I replied.

" Stop blaming me Anna for your irresponsive behaviour " " i am not always the reason behind your stupidity"

" Enough mom , can you please let me live for a single day or are you really happy with me lying dead ?" I screamed at mom.

" Anna , watch your tone " she yelled.

I left with anger and hurry and accidently hit the flower vase , it broke down . Sally was standing at the door of her room with her doll in her hands . She dropped the doll . I slammed the door of my room . I took a shower but my face was all red with the anger and the hate . I packed my bag for school and left home without eating.

I am walking furiously and my neighbour was arguing with her husband so loudly that i could hear her from the street . All of a sudden the weather began to changing . It was getting dark . A car hit a street light pole . I just saw these things on my way but my mind was distracted elsewhere and i continued walking. I reached the main street where my school bus arrives. I stand at the side of the road and waited for the bus . I plugged in my earphones and started music that was on play earlier. Lighting began to crackle in the sky . All of a sudden the weather was changing and wind started to blow slowly. My bus arrived and i walked into the bus and sat on the last seat to be alone so that no one could be around me for a little while . The bus stopped after some time and the driver talked on his phone.

" Listen you guys, the school has been alerted about a serious thunderstorm could happen today . So i have to drop you all to your homes and schools will be closed today." The driver informed us.

Great i all i wanted was to get away from my home for a couple of time and my fate couldn't have me happy for a second.

Bus dropped me at the main street from where i have to walk to my home. The wind started blowing hard . It was getting darker and darker. A street light pole had fallen on way . The alert siren sounded in the city . A man was running in front of me to get to his home soon.

" Get to your home fast girl" a stranger man told me .

" A storm is likely to come soon and you need to be inside so move fast "

" Yeah , my home is just a little far" i said.

He ran to the other side.

I started moving hurriedly to get inside my home. As i reached my house, the whole city got into complete blackout. And it was dark everywhere. I went inside the house. I was scared.

" Anna ?" Mom screamed .

" Oh thank god , you re safe " " i was calling at school and i was worried that i don't know where you would have been"

" What's happening mom" i asked.

" I don't know but the news said that there's a serious thunderstorm coming and it's been assumed that it would be so wild like we've never seen before."

" Mommy , i'm scared " Sally came to us crying.

" Don't worry baby , everything's gonna be okay"

" Your dad haven't come home yet , i am so worried about him" mom said .

" But it's all dark out there and everything is so scary , where would dad be right now" i asked.

" I don't know Anna " she started crying.

" Mom hold yourself together , i am sure dad will be on his way home"

Suddenly we heared a loud thunder nearby . Me and mom came to the door to see outside. The wind was blowing so hard that we have to hold on to the door frame. All of a sudden lightning started to struck the people outside. Everyone was running. And we saw dad .

" Jake , jake hurry up please" mom shouted.

" Dad please be carefull" i shouted .

Dad was running so fast and escaped through the lightning . He reached in front of the house . He smiled at us in relief.

" Jake come inside please" mom said with tears in her eyes. Dad moved towards us and suddenly from nowhere lightning struck him and he just converted into a standing figure of ash . Like the lightning was so strong , it burned his bones too.

" Noooooooo" mom screamed and fell down and crying so hearbrokenly.

I was crying and i was so scared to see horrible death of my father seconds ago .

It all became an unforgettable tragedy all of a sudden .

" Mom we have to get inside please , we have to see upon Sally and Jake " "They are alone and scared. The need you mother , I need you " i requested my broken mother to come inside. I pulled up my mother and made her cond inside shutting the door and seated ger on chair.

" Where is dad Anna ?" " When will he come home?" Sally asked . Mom started crying senselessly .

"He will be here soon Sal , don't worry okay. When it all will end then he will be here with us . " I sobbed.

" I am scared Anna " she said.

" Cone here " i hugged her.

I gave her some cookies and made her comfortable on couch.

I sat with mom and hold her hand trying to hold her together.

" I needed more time with him too" " I needed him to tell me that i am his daughter and he has time for me" i started crying . I couldn't hide my tears .

" Atleast you had a father a couple of minuted before Anna" she replied and broke into her grief again.

" I need to check on Jamie " i stood up and walked . Jamie was playing with his toys in mom's room.

"Hey you boy" i sat down with him.

" I don't know what is happening and why it is happening " " but i am really scared and i am shattered about our father's death" i started sobbing .

Suddenly i heared a loud female scream , a very freakishly horrible loud scream . I ran outside to mom and Sally and closed the door to make Jamie safe inside .

" Mom , Sally you guys are okay?" I asked with tensity.

" Yeah we are bit this scream " " it freaked me out" mom said .

" Mommy i am scared" Sally started crying loudly .

And then i started hearing a lot of screams . Me and mom walked slowly in fear towards the door to look outside .

We peeked a little by the wall at the door.

And i was numbed by what i just saw. There was a giant scary wolf standing at door frame and he broke down the door to get inside.

Me and mother ran inside . 

" Sally go to your brother , now" mom screamed. The wolf cane inside behind us. I was frightened like hell now. 

"Mom we have to get inside the room and hold ghe door."

I felt something and i stopped . I turned to look at mom . But she fell on the flower under the wolf and the wolf was standing on her , staring at her face.

" Anna , you have to take care of your brother and sister . I love you so much my girl" she said and the wolf ate her head with its big sharp teeth . I screamed loudly and i broke down in grief and fear . I just became an orphan. There was blood on the floor and my headless mother was lying in front of me .

The wolf turned towards me . I had to take the wolf away from Sally and Jamie ,so i started walking slowly and quietly towards kitchen . The wolf started coming towards me . I sat down quietly . The wolf came closer and now it was above me . It's head came close to me and started opening it's mouth to eat me. I was just about to die when i gathered all my courage and body power and stabbed a knife in it's neck hard and fast . I didn't gave it any chance to move or run . I stabbed it several times. I disposed off my good anger on the wolf for killing my mother in front of my eyes . I was full of wolf's blood all over me . I dropped the knife and and ran to Sally and Jamie . I opened the door. I saw them sitting on floor . Sally was hugging Jamie because she was terrified . I was relieved to see them fine . Suddenly i looked at the wall and it was breached. Suddenly the crack started growing and it went to the ceiling with my sight. My heart palpitations increased. As i moved into the room to save my brother and sister , the ceiling came down , the room was shattered completely . Sally and Jamie both drowned in it .

At this moment , i was alone . 

It was just like i wished that everyone get disappear. I fell down. And in the next second i opened my eyes . Lying in my bed . There was sunlight outside and electricity in my room . I sat hurriedly . I touched my body and saw for blood on my clothes . But everything was fine and perfect . I realised that it all was just a dream . I huffed with relief . I felt hungry because i slept without eating so i walked to the kitchen. 

" Did you brushed your teeth?" Mom asked

"Umm… What ? " I felt strange as first dialogue of my mom in the dream was just the same. 

" God Anna stop being such a stubborn child " she yelled .

" You are eldest in your siblings and yet toh behave like a 6 year old child " 

Yes the same lines but i guess my mind knows what she can sounds like with her words . I ignored her and moved to Jamie . She huffed with displeasure .

 " Your physics teacher called to remind about your today's assignment because you are not submitting your assignments on time from last 4 times. "

" Is your assignmemt ready?" She in. 

Now i am feeling weird but I thought my teachers calling as have to happen but not because of any assignment . I had my reply framed already .  

"After yesterday's fight , you think that i could concentrate on my assignmemt and make it ready ?" I replied.

" Stop blaming me Anna for your irresponsive behaviour " " i am not always the reason behind your stupidity"

I left without saying anything and i hit the flower vase . It broke just like i saw in my dream. I walked towards my room and Sally was standing with her doll in her hand and she dropped the doll . I was surprised and feeling weird at the same time. I packed my bag and left the house. But i was not in anger . I was thinking that is this really a coincidence only . Maybe i was overthinking. And then on my way show the car hitting the pole. I was a little bit in tension now. Am i having premonition? Is everything i dreamt last night going to happen now ? I waited for the bus at main street and the weather started changing , getting darker and lightening started crackling in sky. The bus arrived and i walked inside . I seated on the last seat. And the bus driver answered his call and said the words just like he said in my dream . Now i couldn't even think it as a coincidence . It was all true and it was going to happen soon. I was freaking out and i ran out of the bus towards my house . I saw everything just like i saw in my dream on the way. The people running , the street pole and the man telling me to get inside. I reached home and i screamed " Mom????"

 " Anna ?" Mom screamed . 

" Oh thank god , you re safe " " i was calling at school and i was worried that i don't know where you would have been" 

" Mom we are all going to die " " I... I know what will happen now " " i have saw it in my dream " " Anna you need to relax , no one is going to die , you are going to be safe " 

" No mom you are not understanding , please trust me " " Its not a thunderstorm , it's the end of the world " " Dad ? Mum where is dad , we have to call him to come as soon as possible before the lightning starts to struck people" 

I was like out of my mind . I reached to get the phone in hurry . I was freaked and stressed . I knew what was going to happen and couldn't let that happening . I couldn't let my family die .

" Anna , don't be scared baby . It's just a storm and it will pass by " she tried to comfort me. 

" I know you won't believe me because you haven't saw what i have seen " " But i need to save you " 

" Anna " she shouted.

" I am your mother and it's my responsibility to save you and now you're freaking me out behaving like this" " come here" she kissed me and hugged me warmly . 

Door opened and dad entered the house.

" Is everyone okay?"he asked .

" Dad" i said with tensity.

" Thank god , you are okay daddy " 

I started crying and hugged my dad.

" I am so happy that you're with me "

" I know you remain mostly busy but that's fine dad , atleast i am lucky that i have my dad" i started crying while speaking . 

Sally came to us . And hugged us . 

" Sal , you little monster " " i love you so much " " i am happy that you annoy me " 

I hugged her and cried.

" Mom , is Anna sick or she just converted into a 2 year old baby? " She giggled.

" Mom came holding Jamie in her arms .

We need to go somewhere safe . We walked into bathroom which was closed with no windows . Me and Sally sat beside our father and hugged him tightly . We all were scared . Although i was frightened about the dream . 

" Dear god, i pray that you keep my children happy and safe . I pray to keep them away from any kind of damage . I pray that you never let my children be alone " Mom prayed . Tears rolled down my cheeks . And the storm calmed down after couple of minutes waiting and hugging my family and holding each other together. 

Family is supposed to look after each other. We meet people out there who will laugh at our flaws but family tells to make the flaws into beautiful . I guess i am happy that i have my family and i am not alone . I can't let my sadness take over my emotions and love , and let it convert my feelings into hatred. And to make us understand , god sometimes give us horrible premonitions like this. 

June 17, 2021 11:38

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Tannu Yadav
05:03 Jun 23, 2021

It was adventurous, my heart was beating so fast like what is going to happen next.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.