1 comment

Bedtime Fiction Kids

Ok, ok hear me out… porridge isn’t all that great–It’s just ok. Why would I want to break into a bunch of terrifying predators’ quarters just for some ok food? With that being said there is basically no way that I could have had any ill intention by eating the bears’ porridge. I mean–be real– they’re bears. How could I have known that a bunch of bears turned into Todd Chrisley and got a house in the suburbs? With this all being said I still broke and entered, stole, and trespassed in an innocent family’s home. I would still like to say–despite all of this–I did not do the wrong thing. I know, I know, all of this “legal” stuff, but I still believe that the public’s opinion of me should not be as it is. They think that I’m some thief that was lazy and just wanted a free meal and a warm bed;however, think for a moment who wants this stuff the most. You should all be on the same answer, homeless people. The underprivileged, the needy, the most vulnerable in this nation. I sincerely feel that you should listen to my reason, my motivation, my WHY. I was just left in the woods like the unwanted runt of the litter that I thought I was. I used to think that I was nothing, not even deserving of the breath in my lungs. This was until I found my purpose, checking out (seemingly)abandoned homes and clearing them out to make a space available for people like me, people that feel that life is empty, and that there’s nowhere and no one to turn to. This was when, one day, cleaning out my daily five houses, I ran into a family, one that has been living in one of my fixer uppers. They thanked me countless times, profusely  that I–single-handedly–changed their lives, and swore up and down that they’d give me anything of theirs that I wanted, I just needed to ask. I thanked them for their appreciation and necessitated them to just consider it a kind deed. They agreed, gave me their number, and moved along with their day. I was very happy that day, something that I hadn’t felt in a long time, something that felt missing but that I loved. I went into my next house ecstatic beyond measure. Feeling so thrilled that I gave someone so much hope, so much excitement, so much… PURPOSE. I instantly went into the house begging for it to be my best one yet, to make the people who get this house after me look like millionaires, for them to be.. content. I stomped into the kitchen with so much passion that it could be oozing out of me, seeing a bowl of porridge made, I interpret it as a potential amazing, healthy, and clean meal for people in need. So I naturally look at it and place it to the side, when it hits me. This could be a ploy from the anti-needy government to try and poison people in need and kill its own citizens so that there are less people that they need to take care of, and due to the fact that they don’t have as high of an income, the government then won’t be able to make as much money off of taxes. Yes, yes, this makes perfect sense why a perfectly good bowl of food is sitting out. Then that’s when a different idea comes to me. Maybe this is a hypnotizing spell that forces the person to kill everything and everyone that they know and love and go insane, or even a disease that someone doesn’t know that they have it until a year into it so that the person who has it would go about their life like normal interacting with countless people and contaminating (eventually) the entire world. Dear goodness, I’m in a deep sweat and confused on what I should do, should I take the chance and give a person some food, but maybe I’d accidentally kill the entire world. I was wondering why a harmless and hearty bowl of food would just be sitting out, but I thought that it could’ve been from the previous owners, and maybe they’d put some anti-aging formula into it. I instantly knew what I had to do. I said my goodbyes to all of my family, “Goodbye, Goldy, it was lovely to be on earth but I know what I have to do, maybe I can have as sharp of a mind and as pure of a heart in my next life. I, then, took a spoonful and gulped it down. I winced in a way that was almost anticipating the pain, I sat like that for three minutes straight, after noticing that I was unharmed I went for the next bowl, repeated the same anticipation, and then went to the next. This last bowl looked a little odd, a tinier spoon and bowl, it had to be where the poison was. I took a bite, then another, then another, then I kept eating thinking that it was going to be the next bite, and that if I didn’t finish it, someone could die. Some may call it OCD, but I just call it caring. Bite after bite after bite and finally I finished it. I then thought that they put it in the other necessity of people–sleep. I then laid in one bed, then the next, then the last one. I then giggled at my silliness, looked at my schedule and realized this was my last house. I found out that I had been involved with this house for so long that it was already night time, and I don’t know about y’all, but I’d prefer not to walk through the woods in the middle of the night. So, I just decided to stay the night, I might as well indulge in the fruits of my labor. I slept, and I won’t even lie, I slept well. The issue is that my wake up call wasn’t so nice. I woke up to see three grizzlies, two of which were full grown, just awkwardly staring at me. I instantly stand up, sprint out, and am so traumatized that I never clear out another house. Sure, maybe it’s being a bit of a coward, yet I still haven’t died and I don’t want that to change anytime soon. So then I just live in my house, secluded from the world and an impostor to anyone that has heard my story. You might think that the purpose of this was just to brag about how awesome I am and how I’m actually not a monster, but I just think I’m setting the record straight. I hope that you know that it’s the thought that counts and that I’ve gone back to the bears’ house, they love me, and love the work that I did. I’ve explained myself to them and they are totally good with what I’ve done. I earned a bear’s favor and I hope you can too. Obviously not an actual bear, but what are the scary things in your life that could go away if you just face it head on. I learned how to conquer mine and I hope you can too.

April 07, 2023 21:16

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Rudy Greene
22:04 Apr 19, 2023

You have a good and interesting voice. The sentences are little too long and the story get a little lost in the words. Overall though a good effort.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.