0 comments

Fiction Friendship Happy

Today is the first day of summer camp. I didn't want to go to summer camp so I tried my best to look sick but my mom knows when I am faking since I do that every first day of summer camp. Of course, I have a reason why I hated the camp so much. I hate it because of the big kids who were forced to come to camp and bully us the small ones at camp, Clara in particular. Clara will do anything to make me fool in front of everyone just for spilling smothie in her dress by accident.

"Fiona, Get down here and eat your breakfast. The bus will be here soon." yelled my mom from downstairs.

 I got dressed and hurried downstairs to eat my breakfast. Cornflakes with milk next to it were ready for me to eat as usual. I rushed out the door and saw my best friend, Melissa, waving sadly at me from the bus. I ran to the bus to ask Melissa what was wrong but I understood what was wrong as soon as I entered the bus. There was no seat except for the seat next to Clara.

“Hey, you, what is your name? Go have a seat, I don’t have all day to sit around and wait for you.” I heard the bus driver yelling with an angry voice. 

I had no choice but to sit next to Clara. Fortunately, She was too busy using her phone she didn’t even notice I was sitting next to her. After few minutes, one kid throws up on the bus, and the bus driver stopped the bus immediately. We all got off the bus and waited for the bus driver to clean up the bus. I started wondering around the woods and I saw an unusual looking necklace floating in the water. I caught it and put it in my pocket and hurried back to the bus. We all got on the bus and continue the ride to summer camp.

When we arrive there, we all choose someone to share our cabin with, and as usual, we get the smaller cabins while the big kids got the biggest and coziest cabins. I shared a cabin with Melissa and we both got in our bed and we talked about how bad the summer is going to be as we do every time we come here to the summer camp. We both hate summer because of summer camp but instead, we love winter especially when it snows. I closed my lamp and whispered, “I wish it snows for the rest of the summer.” As soon as I whispered those words, the necklace I found earlier started glowing then it stopped. I didn’t pay much attention to it since I was so sleepy and I closed my eyes to sleep. 

The next morning, everyone at summer camp was surprised to see the trees and the grass as white as a snow, wait, in fact, it was snow. I at first I couldn’t believe it but then I remembered that unusual looking necklace was glowing after I made my wish last night. I become more happier since now I can make all my wishes come true. I relized that since it is snowing, it is getting colder and colder and no one at camp brought any winter clothes with the so we had to go back to our cabin. I wanted to tell Mellisa about the necklace but I thought it is better if no one else knew. 

I whispered to myself, “I wish every one at camp had a winter clothes except for the big kids.” After few minutes, I saw everyone outside playing with the snow wearing a winter clothes except for the big kids. Melissa also found her winter clothes in her bed and she quickly put them on and ran outside without questioning where they came from since she loves playing with the snow so much. I also put on my winter clothes and join the others. I saw Clara behind the glass cabin window and I remembered it was pay back time for her so I said to my self, “ I wish Clara’s cabin is filled with rats.” We heard a scream from Clara’s cabin and we all went there to see what happened. We saw many rats chewing and destroying many things. I laughed while everybody else goes to help her, even Melissa. 

Later that day, I asked Melissa why she helped Clara when she have been a total jerk to us. She said, “I helped her because it have nothing to do with her being jerk. She needed help and I am sure she have a reason why she hate us.” 

That night I couldn’t sleep. I thought about what Melissa had said and I wanted to apologize to Calra for acting like a total jerk. I left my cabin and fix everything. I said, “I wish the snow is gone and the weather to be back to its natural form.” The weather back to normal and I saw Clara crying by the river. 

I walked to her and asked her “Hey, Clara, Are you alright? Look, I know you hate me but I just want to help.”  

she replied in a heavy voice. She said, “I hate you for a reason, Fiona. I hate you because before you spilled that smothie in my dress, My mother told me if she heard any bad complainment about me from my teachers, I will be sent to Perfect Academy for a year. I tried my best to get out of trouble for the whole day but after you spilled that smothie in my dress I had to clean it up and by the time I got to class, class was almost over. I tried to explain what happened to my teacher but she didn’t listen but call my mother and tell her and my mother decided to assign me to Perfect Academy not for a year but two. During the two years at Perfect Academy, I heard that my father died but I wasn’t allowed to go back home. I had a very hard time there, but after the two years had passed and it was time for me to go back to school, I know this hall thing was your fault. Today when the rats were destroying my staff, they destroyed the a brcelet my father made for me before I heard he was dead.” 

I had no idea about any of that and I felt even worse after I heared what I have done to her. If there is anything I can do to help, it is by fixing her bracelet so I asked her, “Do you have the pieces of the bracelet? I think I can fix it.”

She said, “Yes, I do. Here.” Then she stopped crying. I took the bracelet from her hands and I told her I will fix it and give it to her in the morning and I invited her to our cabin and gave her the extra bed to spend the night. I wished for the bracelet to be fixed and her cabin to be back to its coziness. The next morning, I apolgized for what happened back then and gave her bracelet back. She thanked me which some how surprised me. I thought the necklace wasn’t made for me and I can’t get everything I want from one magic necklace so when we get back from the summer camp I throwed it out the bus window and left it where I found it.  When we get back to school Clara didn't make fan of me or bullied any of my friends. I was glad to know the truth about Clara and fixed almost all my mistakes.

After school was over, I wanted to go and talk to Clara's mother and tell her the truth about what happened so I did and Clara's mother apologized to Clara and Clara was never sent to Perfect Academy ever again.

January 21, 2021 17:29

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.