0 comments

Drama Mystery Thriller

                        A Tale of Puzzling Silence"

John Webber, a crime branch officer is an experienced person in this field. He is a 50-year-old man with a tough look. He is a very disciplined man. His wife Kate is a fashion designer. His son Henry wants to become a doctor but his father wants him to join the crime branch force. So, without arguing with his father further Henry joins the crime branch but as a foreign sick doctor. John agrees as at least Henry will work with him. After Henry joins this is the first case with his father. John gets a case of a murder happening in Australia for many years now. John is working in Ohio and now both the father and the son have to shift to Australia to solve the case. The Australian police forces are eager to welcome them. Next day, in the morning both the son and the father head to Australia. They reach Sydney the next day at 12’o o'clock at noon. They get a grand welcome from the police force and get an expensive hotel to stay for the project. That day John and Henry take a rest and think about starting working from the next day. After having a wonderful dinner both of them call it a night. The next day Henry and John reach the headquarters where everyone is waiting for them already. Henry is escorted to the lab by another junior doctor who will work under him in this case. And John goes to the cabin to discuss further about the case. Four bodies are found in different places but are killed in the same process. But the culprit flies away in silence and also the crimes are done silently. The bodies are sent to the lab where Henry and his assistant start to examine the bodies they find that the dead bodies have no rushes or injuries and moreover, there is no sign that the dead persons try to defend themselves during their death. That day both John and Henry left the office and headed back to the hotel after listening to the officers and deciding to research the cases in detail at the hotel. The next day according to their information from the head quarter the previous day John reached an abandoned house. The surroundings are very creepy. The house is dirty and there are webs everywhere. He gets a phone call and hears a burst of laughter from the other side of the phone. The person challenges him so that he can never be caught him. John finds some burned letters that were written to the dead bodies before they died. John collects the letters and then one of the team members Jack informs him that the dead persons were hurt by the killer before he kills them. After these two pieces of information, John comes back to the hotel and starts to read the letters one by one. But unfortunately, all the letters are written incompletely but he finds there is a common symbol of a secret society. Immediately, Henry searches for this secret society and finds that the dead bodies are all connected to this secret society. In this secret society, 12 members out of which 5 members were already dead and the cause is in the same ways. He reads further to find the truth of the murder. Max, Robbert, Mary, Nichole, Luke, and Harry were classmates and a ban. They were besties since childhood. All grow up together in a society. They live in the same apartment. They pursued their graduation in science and plans to become an engineer. Soon, Maax becomes a chemical engineer, Robert becomes a mechanical engineer, Mary becomes a civil engineer, Nichole becomes a telecom engineer, Luke becomes a software engineer and Harry becomes an electrical engineer. But everything changes between them during their job. As planned all entered a space academy to complete a mission but unfortunately, they were not aware of what was happening inside the space. John is confused as there is nothing written about what happens after they reach inside the space. Then after some time again one of his team members finds a body. After studying the cases John and Henry for the first time have to close the case. But just as they are about to leave the next day Henry finds out a journal. It is an old journal. John opens the journal and starts reading. Actually, inside the space, Harry has conspired against the other friends in a secret society and insists they join as it will give them the power to control the world. But after working under the mission for about 14 years everyone left the secret society as it harmed them but later it is found that Harry was actually seeking revenge on their friends and killing them. He calls them to different places and hypnotises them which he learns in the mission and makes them mad so that they kill themselves. He was taking a glance at an old conflict Harry and Nichole had. Back in college Nichole and Harry were actually dating secretly and one day Nichole found that she was pregnant with Harry’s child. But as Harry was about to marry Nichole she betrayed him and married Luke instead who was actually her boyfriend. Nichole was dating Harry because he was rich and Luke was aware of the affair. Out of range, Harry was planning to kill them. As suspected John is finally able to catch Harry and put him in jail without any parole. The next day, John and Henry go back to Ohaio but as they reach home a phone call shocks both the son-father to the core. The laughter in that phone is recognisable but the person has fled away. Nobody knows till now who killed the five friends because nobody was alive out of all the friends in that space. A dark figure is shown in the end who is visiting a burned house and takes out the pictures of the dead bodies and smirks.

February 23, 2024 18:42

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.