2 comments

Crime Holiday Drama

This will be the worst and longest week of my life. I can't wait for it to be over.

As the plane was about to land Naomi looked out the window and admired the beauty.

She would have preferred staying in that plane for a week rather than in that cabin.

She missed her father, she hadn't seen him for over 5 years.

As she stepped out of the plane she saw her father holding a poster with her name on it.

His smile was warm and welcoming.

She embraced him tightly with tears in both their eyes.

He moved out here for work, and they only got to speak on the phone.

This place is very cold, am used to wearing my summer dresses every day, not heavy coats and boots.

The drive home was 30 minutes from the airport.

Roads were covered in snow. Everywhere one looked there was snow.

The cabin was bigger than she expected, there were 6 rooms which included 3 bedrooms, a kitchen, bathroom and sitting room.

Houses where sparsely apart. From their cabin, you couldn't see the next house while standing down unless on the stairs.

There she was standing by the doorstep with a fake smile on her face.

I knew she was not happy to see me after she married my father she wanted nothing to do with me.

Her evil ways are probably why she couldn't have kids of her own.

Even hugging me was fake, I wanted to push her away she sickened me.

I wished my parents never divorced that way I wouldn't be apart from my father.

My mother always said certain things are just out of human control.

Let's go inside so you could freshen up and keep warm. 

The bedroom was sizable with a single bed and a built-in wardrobe.

I wasn't going to stay long so I decided to keep my clothes in the suitcase.

Her food was horrible, I wonder how my dad survived for so long. 

After dinner, I went straight to sleep.

After talking to my mother on the phone, I felt better. I was only here for my dad. 

Downstairs breakfast was ready, and dad was all dressed up.

Where are you going? I hoped he was not leaving, I couldn't imagine spending time alone with that woman.

I have been called for work but I promise I will be back soon.

Two days wasn't soon. I came here to visit him and he was leaving for work.

On the news, they talked about a blizzard approaching the town.

My father could be stuck out there while I would be stuck in here with that woman.

I just wanted to stay locked up in my room until my father returned.

You are not in a luxury hotel, can you come out and start helping around the house.

The snow was getting worse and I had to push it out and clear the veranda and doorway.

I knew her evil ways hadn't changed.

I was so busy clearing while she watched tv I didn't realise how fast time had moved.

It was already 4 pm and I was starving.

The cabinets only had plaits, cups and pots and the refrigerator only had water and an ice cube tray.

Where was all the food, did they have another place where they kept the food.

Am hungry what are we eating, she was chewing an apple while watching tv.

Which food, did you buy any food or did you bring any food from your mother.

This woman was planning on starving me, she was only pretending the whole time dad was here.

I had some biscuits in my bag and drinks. I tried calling my mum but there was no service.

In the night the snow got worse and a strong blizzard hit us so badly that it caused a power cut.

It was cold, there was no power, no service I couldn't communicate with anyone and I was starving and the worst part was I was stuck with the devil in form of my step mum.

I was worried about my father. This blizzard was so strong that no one could move, all I could do was pray for his safety.

With no power, there is no way you can cook so you just have to wait for the power to come back.

I waited for her to go to the bathroom before I snuck into her bedroom.

I knew there would be food in the bedroom. 

I got as much as I could before she could return and catch me.

I quickly ran to my room and ate some food and hid the rest in between my clothes.

I didn't care if she was going to lose her head as long as I wouldn't starve.

You have now become a thief. How dare you still my food.

Your plans for wanting to starve me to death won't work.

With anger, she locked me in my room.

I wished my father could finally return but I knew it was impossible with the blizzard that was getting worse.

I was starting to feel cold, the fire was downstairs while I was stuck in my room.

She had gotten most of the blankets and left me with only one.

My clothes weren't warm enough.

I knew I would suffer from pneumonia if I didn't do anything.

I began banging on the door and screaming.

If I die in here my father will kill you too, let me out am cold. I could die from pneumonia.

She finally opened for me. It was hard to tell the time or even day cause it was dark throughout.

The windows were all covered in snow I couldn't see anything outside.

She made me clean up and scrub every area in that cabin. 

It began to feel like a year and I wondered how long this blizzard would last. 

The food in my bedroom had finished and she only gave me a slice of bread.

She locked her bedroom whenever she left.

Drinking only water was sickening, I had lost weight and my clothes became buggy.

I finally felt a ray of hope when I looked out the window and the blizzard was reducing.

I was shocked when I saw her returning some food in the kitchen.

I still couldn't get some because she locked the kitchen door.

I knew that the blizzard had stopped and that meant dad would return and even better I would go back home.

I couldn't tell my father about all her evil deeds because he loved her and she made him happy.

I wondered what this woman did that my mother didn't.

I loved my dad and his happiness meant a lot to me.

As much as I hated her, telling him all this would hurt him.

The sound of a car moving in the snow woke me up from my sleep.

Then the smell of food cooking passed my nose.

Downstairs my father was standing in the living room safe and sound.

I was so happy that he had returned safely.

As I ate the food so quickly I didn't mind how bad it was as long as it was food.

I can't believe this blizzard lasted for a week.

When my father said that I couldn't believe I was stuck in that cabin for a whole week.

Waving my father goodbye from the window of the plane made me cry.

I knew he didn't want me to leave, he begged me to stay longer.

I didn't spend any time with him but I insisted I needed to return to school before my exams.

I think deep down he knows I hate his wife and I know he wishes we could get along.

I had asked him to come to visit me back home because being stuck in that cabin was like being stuck with the devil.

January 22, 2021 13:01

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Pika Okoye
08:59 Jan 28, 2021

The story was as interesting as the title.👍

Reply

08:19 Jan 30, 2021

Thank you very much

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.