0 comments

Christmas Friendship Inspirational

Tommie was always persuaded by the latest fashions. Tommie and her two besties keep each other updated about each other lives through text messages so when clara texted same who texted tommie ( plaid is IN ) ... Tommie knew she had to go shopping A.S.A.P!

And before she could reply to the texts...

Her cell chimed again ( omg! It's 70s plaid! Let's all meet at the taco truck)

Later after tommie clocked off of work for the day, she received a random phone call.

"Hello? " Tommie answers.

" Hello is this tommie"

" Who is calling ? I have to meet my friends soon so I don't have much time" tommie explained apologetic.

" Tommie your great aunt chose you to take her fortune before she died. It is lot of money and we need to discuss the Christmas scavenger hunt at my office located at 1313 mockingbird Ave." Said the stranger on the phone.

Tommie dropped her cell phone because she was scared of the call. She panicked as the stranger voice asked if she is still was there.

So she quickly pick up the phone and says "yes actually I will call the cops and see if it is a good idea." She quickly texted clara and Sammie ( rain check on the taco truck. Great aunt died)

( We didn't know you had a great aunt)

(Neither did I)

Later at 1313 mockingbird Ave tommie asked to speak with the man who was on the phone earlier. The receptionist asked for her to wait until Mr. paul got there. He came out and introduce himself.

" Hi I am Mr. Paul, I assume that the police station said this was a real office and I was a real person?"

"Yes sir, just had to check " tommie replied.

" I understand , please come over here to my office." He said.

Mr .Paul gestured to the left of the building they go down the hallway and enter a average unimpressed office.

" I thought you had a bigger office than this." Tommie suggests.

" Well just because I have decent money doesn't mean I like to show off." Mr. Paul replied with a charming smile.

" Now let's get down to business your inheritance is in the ball park of a $30,000 dollars , and continues. Because you shall receive the ownership of " fizz" pop soda company."

" Mr.paul you can't be serious!" Tommie answers.

" Well I'm as honest as a parrot, I'm just telling you what the will is telling me." Mr.paul shows.

"Wow ,but that sounds like a big responsibility owning a soda company." Tommie shrank.

" It's not bad once you get used to it.and you have managers c.e.os and stuff so don't worry tommie. However you are not intitled to this inheritance unless you choose to do a Christmas scavenger hunt . See Shelly your aunt loved Christmas so much that she died singing jingle bells ." Mr. Paul sadly stated .

"Oh wow that's interesting can I answer you later ?" Tommie asked .

"My dear of course you have a week to give me an answer." Mr. paul says.

"Thank you so much. I will see you later."

Tommie went home and called her friends and asked what they thought. Clara thought it was worth it.sammie said she was even help her.

There was only one thing left to do was notify of her answer to Mr.Paul the next day.

" So you will do the scavenger hunt?

There are 12 items on the list kinda like 12 days of Christmas." Said Mr. Paul .

....." You must do or get an item around town and take a picture of what you have done or a video . " He explained.

" It is out of my comfort zone but I will try to do this." Tommie confirms.

"Remember ... Proof of you done these things ... In order to get inheritance. " Mr. Paul reminded her once more .

" Okay .I shall do my best. Now good by Mr. Paul." Tommie said.

Tommie met her friends later at the taco truck.

" Wow, dancing like a elf is the first item on the list? " Clara asked.

Please film me? Tommie asked.

" We will both help you if you need it." Sammie replies.

"Hey the second thing on the list is yelling out merry Christmas at least 5 times. So ... Why not do both at the same time?" Clara suggested.

After shopping for an elf outfit . They were ready for action .

"AND BEGIN!" Sammie instructed . She clicked on the music of jingle bells and then tommie started to dance and yell out 'merry Christmas ' on park ave.

Clara made sure it was being video tapped on her cellphone. Tommie got tired and sat down on a bench nearby.

" What's next on the list? "

"Looks like you got to decorate someone's yard while Christmas caroling " clara said showing her the paper.

" Well that's just great said Tommie .

So they decorated someone's yard and knocked on the stranger door . The 3 friends started singing (silent night ) but the house owner was anything but silent because he was happy to see all the Christmas Santa's in his yard. They were having so much fun they almost forgot to video it . So Tommie pulled out her pink cell phone and began to video the last few moments at least for proof.

Tommie was relieved to get that over with and gladly thanked the home owners for not being mad and calling the cops.

So they decided to go to the nearest dairy queen . And tommie was checking her list again.

They ordered some food and sat down at a table with their ice cream and lunches.

" The only thing I got to do now is give 6 random people a Christmas present ." Tommie pointed to the list showing her friends.

Then they say an elderly person come in asking for her favorite ice cream and digging for her coins out of her purse.

"Why not get gifts for the residents of sherman family's nursing home ? They are all alone on Christmas sometimes and have no wheres to go ." Clara suggested .

" That's a great idea " tommie said.

December 19, 2020 00:15

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.