The Way of the Sensei

Submitted into Contest #205 in response to: Start your story during a full moon night.... view prompt

45 comments

Thriller Fiction American

This story contains themes or mentions of physical violence, gore, or abuse.

                                                                 May 27

I admit it; I’m being a voyeur. The delicious-looking man across the fence is shirtless, smoking a cigarette and sipping something I’m sure is alcoholic. I’m always right about these kinds of things.

Jubal Arden. Wow, he changed.

I haven’t seen him since we graduated high school. My guess is that he’s back to deal with his mom’s bookstore. Drowned in her own bathtub. Tragic.

Jubal didn’t see me at her funeral, which was just as well. He was dealing with some serious shit. Life and death shit. And then he disappeared. That bothered me. The man I’ve wanted to see again, after all these years, had vanished. Again.

There had been little to see outside my bay-windowed, second-story fortress until tonight. Jubal’s mom never came out to her back yard except to water the lawn and shrubbery. The neighbors on either side of me, I’m positive, conspired with each other to ensure I never see anything of note happening in their back yards. Neighbors, right?

The full moon gives me a good view of Jubal. I used to love that boy when I was in third grade. It’s rather unfortunate that a) he fell for my best friend when we got to high school, b) he never paid me the slightest bit of attention, and c) he looks damn good in the moonlight.

Janine, ex-best friend. She’s out of the running in the capture-the-handsome-man sweepstakes now, so I suppose it’s up to me to perform such duties as may be called upon by a single female who knows a thing or two about getting what she wants.

Fuck me. Just when I thought life couldn’t get any more unsatisfying, along comes Jubal.

                                                        **************

“You’re late,” Lance said, flipping two eggs in a skillet.

“Eat me.”

“Do! Language!”

Dolores Sackett eyed her brother with a mixture of amusement and pity. He still thought that, as the older sibling, he had a right to tell her what to do.

“Mom and dad gave you the diner because you’re good at two things: cooking and making babies. Stick to what you know,” Dolores said. She lit a cigarette and slurped down a cup of coffee before going out front.

“Well, mom and dad gave you the house because they knew you’d never be able to afford one on your own,” Lance retorted. He slid the eggs onto a plate and placed it in the window. Betty, the other server, stood at the kitchen window and unashamedly eavesdropped. Lance gave her a stern look, so she left.

“Anyway. Big news. Jubal’s back in town,” Dolores said.

Betty was back, waiting for another order. Lance didn’t send her away this time.

Lance slammed his spatula on the grill.

“I hate that fucker.”

“Because he broke your nose in high school?”

“Yeah. Among other things. The Janine thing, for instance,” Lance said, frowning.

“That’s history, bubba.”

“Yeah. History.”

Lance’s two words echoed in Dolores’ head all through the morning rush. She didn’t like the way he said it. Not at all.

                                                      **************

The brainless and inattentive woman would have opted for an earlier time to meet Jubal. The way of the sensei instructs that patience and forethought should lead our actions. Besides, I look hella better in the moonlight. Most cougars-in-training do. Moonlight doesn’t mask imperfections, but it certainly softens the edges.

Let’s not kid ourselves, woman/girl/giddy damn female. I liked the boy back in the day. Ok, sure, he’s a grown-ass man now, but he looks positively boyish for a man pushing forty. Jesus! We’re the same age. This thought isn’t improving my mood.

Screw the makeup. A little powder, a little lip gloss, a lot of deodorant. No perfume. It smells like old-man ass on me after a few minutes. That’s me. Sweat like a pig, smoke like a chimney, cuss like a sailor. It’s amazing that no one wants to marry me.

Truth is, I stopped looking long ago. I hate to admit it to myself, but there it is. I’ve settled for settling. Tragic.

Yet again, I write the word tragic in a journal.

                                                     **************

                                                              June 1

Dolores sipped the whiskey and grimaced. She excused herself, went to her house, and brought back a bottle of Jameson’s Irish whiskey. Without asking, she poured out the whiskey that Jubal had provided and replaced it with what she considered a superior whiskey.

Jubal watched all this with a tinge of amusement and interest. It was a recurring theme in his life.

“That stuff you call whiskey? No. Just – no,” Dolores sipped her whiskey demurely and willed herself not to sweat.

Jubal chuckled and nodded his head.

“Don’t know much about good whiskey. I remembered that you had a fondness for it in high school,” Jubal said, sipping tentatively at his drink. He nodded appreciatively and took a larger sip. The warm feeling in his gut was as surprising as the woman beside him.

“So. Where you been, Jubal? In a hermitage?”

Jubal shook his head.

“Knocking about. Just your average itinerant,” Jubal said, lighting a cigarette and handing it to Dolores. After a brief pause, she took it. He then lit one for himself.

The next few minutes were spent in companionable silence. Jubal was pleased, and surprised, that he could speak to Dolores as if they had been old friends. They hadn’t been. Not even close. She had been that girl. That girl who didn’t want her best friend dating him.

“Lance says ‘hi.’ And he hopes that you won’t break his nose again,” Dolores said, smirking in amusement.

“Your brother was a bully back then,” Jubal said, sipping more whiskey and finding that he quite enjoyed it.

“Yes he was. And now he has a wife that won’t put up with his bullshit, along with three rambunctious daughters. Metaphorically speaking, he gets his ass whupped every night when he goes home. It made him a better person.” Dolores uttered a short, sharp laugh, and instantly regretted it.

Way to be a lady, dumbass! He probably thinks you haven’t been housebroken.

Another comfortable silence descended on the couple. Dolores poured herself more whiskey and refreshed Jubal’s glass. Moonlight glinted off the tumblers, and Dolores’ eyes. Jubal was entranced by the effect, warmed by the whiskey and the late July night, and unsettled by being in Dolores’ presence.

I want to do bad things to this man right now. But no. The way of the sensei tells us that the impetuous bird becomes a meal. Give the man a chance to fall for my charms. I might have some, somewhere. Stranger things have happened.

Dolores leaned toward Jubal and touched his arm lightly before speaking.

“You were my inspiration, Jubal. I started to journal because of you.”

Dolores returned to her upright, not-leaning-in-to-a-beautiful-man posture and puffed gently on her cigarette.

“Really? Uh – " Jubal paused. He didn’t know how to deal with being an inspiration to anyone.

“I figured that it was a kind of superpower. Someone writes some words, and everyone is affected. The whole school was in an uproar when you got suspended for writing about your parents’ sex life. To a third-grade girl, it was magic.”

Jubal gazed at Dolores, causing her to blush. The moonlight refused to show her red cheeks, but it could do little to keep her from tossing an impressive amount of whiskey down her throat.

“And you’ve been journaling ever since?”

Dolores nodded, not trusting herself to speak right now. Her throat burned from the whiskey, and her thoughts burned from the admission of a secret.

He laughed lightly, sounding like a sore-throated elephant. Dolores thought it was the sexiest laugh she had ever heard.

That’s a dangerous laugh, boyo. A panty-dropping laugh. I understand why Janine fell for you. I wonder how she would feel about my plans for our futures.

“I gotta work tomorrow, so I gotta go. Keep the whiskey, boyo.”

Jubal stood up quickly, swayed from the effects of the alcohol, but remained more or less vertical.

“Uh – maybe tomorrow night – “

“Yes.”

Dolores strode off quickly.

The way of the sensei tells us to leave them wanting more. Plus, I gotta throw up.

                                                     **************

“Where were you last night? I came by and you were gone,” Lance flipped two eggs in the egg pan and turned some bacon on the grill.

“Ah. Well. I was at Jubal’s mom’s house. Jubal and I had a late-night date,” Dolores said as she put on her apron.

“Jubal’s house, you mean.”

“Yeah. I suppose that’s right. It’s his house now,” Dolores said, musing on the change in ownership.

“What’d you guys do?”

Dolores looked at Lance out of the corner of her eye, a mischievous glint in her eye.

“Drank some whiskey. Then I fucked his brains out. Drank more whiskey and then I fucked his brains back in again.”

“Do!”

Lance tossed his spatula down and turned to his sister, glaring.

“Age cannot wither, nor custom stale her infinite variety,” Dolores quoted, laughing at her brother’s dark face.

“What?”

“Let me translate for the knowledge-impaired cooks in the vicinity. It means I can still mess with your head.”

“Seriously, Do. What did – “

“None of your business, buster. But, if it makes you feel any better, we didn’t engage in any physical intimacy. I didn’t even kiss the guy.”

Lance, mollified, went back to cooking breakfast for his sister.

“Going back tonight, though. And you know how I get when I drink whiskey.”

Lance refused to rise to the bait.

                                                   **************

                                                             July 28

Jubal wants me. I’m always right about these kinds of things.

I wonder if I can get him to paint my house first.

                                                   **************

                                                             October 17

Tonight’s the night. The fulfillment of all my dreams. I have followed the way of the sensei, more or less. I mean, you can’t blame a girl for getting a little antsy before the big night. It’s been a long wait, and desire has come close to winning me over before tonight.

Jubal is about to have the night of his life.

                                                  **************

Jubal and Dolores were standing by the river’s edge, engaged in some serious making out. Jubal’s desire was evident; he was breathless and weak. Dolores stepped back a few steps as he caught his breath. It was then that he saw a gunman approaching him.

“What the h – “ was as far as he got before a bullet ended his life.

Dolores glared at the gunman.

“Well, you took your sweet ass time, Lance. I think my lips are gonna fall off.”

Lance looked at Jubal and prodded him with his boot. Betty bent down and checked his pulse. She looked up and smiled.

“I woulda been here sooner, but Betty showed up late,” Lance pointed an accusing finger at his server.

“I had female issues, ok?” Betty raised her hands, palms upward.

Dolores looked at Betty.

“Ok, sensei. What now?”

Betty glared at Dolores.

“Stop calling me that.”

Betty put on gloves, bent down, and took Jubal’s wallet, stripping it of cash. She tossed the wallet to the side and stuffed the money in her bra.

"The man was still as dumb as a used spark plug. Did he really think that the passage of twenty years would make me forget what he did to my sister?" Betty wanted to spit on him, but she didn't. She had seen enough CSI episodes to know better.

"And did he think his good looks would help?" Dolores gave Jubal a kick in the ribs.

"He ain't that good looking," Lance said.

"Not any longer," Dolores said, pointing at Jubal's shattered features.

“Let’s go. Just another robbery gone bad. Tragic,” Betty said, striding to the car.

                                                         **************

Betty was the mastermind. I did all the heavy lifting, though. Betty said that sometimes we must do unpleasant things for the greater good. Easy for her to say. She didn’t have to get felt up and groped by the man who killed Janine.

Major kudos to her, though, for taking care of Jubal’s mom. The woman should have never given her son a false alibi. Betty said it was a piece of cake, almost like the woman wanted to pay for her sins. Who woulda thunk it, right?

Speaking of cake, I think I have some red velvet in the fridge…


July 07, 2023 13:53

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

45 comments

Chris Miller
13:02 Jul 08, 2023

You're great at fun lovin' criminals, Del. I like the plan of using his mam's death to lure him back. Very dark but lightly handled. Very enjoyable. Great work.

Reply

Delbert Griffith
13:28 Jul 08, 2023

Thanks so much, Chris, for the kind words. I appreciate you reading and commenting on my little tale. Killing the mom was part of the plan; she was a co-conspirator in Janine's death. And, yes, fun-lovin' criminals are also fun to write. Again, thank you, my friend. Cheers!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Mary Bendickson
04:28 Jul 08, 2023

All that heavy lifting poor Deloris had to put up with! Pity party.

Reply

Delbert Griffith
08:34 Jul 08, 2023

Whatever kind of party it is, I'm sure there will be alcohol and bad decision making on her part, which is part of her charm. Thanks for reading, my friend. Cheers!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kevin Logue
18:50 Jul 07, 2023

I had no expectations for the end of that, was just along for the ride and was totally surprised. Excellently done Delbert, thoroughly caught up in your tale. I got a proper laugh at the idea of getting him to paint her house, before I knew the ending and in retrospect it's even funnier. Well done, another great entry. I noticed tiny error in case it tickles your OCD, an inverted comma attached to the wrong word on this line - “Really? Uh – “ Jubal....

Reply

Delbert Griffith
19:15 Jul 07, 2023

Thanks so much for the praise, Kevin, and double thank you for catching the typo. The damn things sneak in there when I go to bed, I swear! LOL I'm pleased that you liked some of the humor in the story. Hey, even murderous women need their houses painted. Congrats on the shortlist, Kevin. I'm gonna read your tale. I bet it's terrific. Again, thank you, my friend. Cheers!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Lily Finch
17:03 Jul 07, 2023

Del, the family of killers running a diner. Now that is a good story. Delores is hilarious. Loves to provoke and tease even knowing what the endgame will be Such a cleverly written way to deliver a story. Journal entries smacked in between her reality. Super well done. I thought the ending was great. Thanks for the good read. LF6

Reply

Delbert Griffith
17:25 Jul 07, 2023

Thanks for the kind words, Lily. And double thank you for catching my typos. You're a jewel, LF6. Yes, Dolores is great. I love her snark - and I love her dark, murderous side. Hey, a woman's gotta do what a woman's gotta do, right? LOL Again, thank you, my friend. LF6 to the rescue! Cheers!

Reply

Lily Finch
18:17 Jul 07, 2023

I love your Delores character. LF6

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amanda Lieser
23:29 Aug 29, 2023

Hi Delbert, Another utterly thrilling tale! I love how you decided to tackle this weeks prompt and I thought that you did it eloquently while also adding a bit of spice to it all I was instantly intrigued by the diary entries, and that first line was absolutely fascinating. I was also impressed with how you kept it all straight-I’d be interested to know if you pulled off writing it entirely in order or if you did the entries and crafted the details around it all. Nice work!!

Reply

Delbert Griffith
00:01 Aug 30, 2023

Thanks so much for the kind words and for the commentary, Amanda. Truly, I appreciate it. I had the plot outlined, and then I decided what I wanted to say, thematically. I went with "the nature of justice." How far will we go to find justice for those we love? Once I get the plot and the theme down, I start adding in motif (if any) and some symbolism. After that, I work on dialogue. That gets most of my attention because I feel like dialogue adds to the tale more than anything else. There you have it: the Del Griffith writing method. LOL A...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sarah Saleem
10:05 Jul 15, 2023

Perfect thriller story! Loved that ending and the reveal!

Reply

Delbert Griffith
10:18 Jul 15, 2023

Thanks so much, Sarah. I appreciate the kind words. The whole idea behind the tale was to have a major twist at the end. I played fair and left clues, so I didn't just pull it out of thin air. I'm very pleased that you liked it, my friend. It was fun to write, but hell to edit! LOL Cheers!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Nina H
10:18 Jul 14, 2023

The romantic in me was poised for a love story. Then look what you did. 😂 great story!!

Reply

Delbert Griffith
12:28 Jul 14, 2023

Thanks so much for the kind words, Nina. I'm sorry I set you up for romance and delivered revenge. Well, at least I got he "'til death do us part" right. LOL Cheers!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Marty B
01:29 Jul 14, 2023

The rest of the Shakespeare quote fits Dolores ! Never; he will not: Age cannot wither her, nor custom stale Her infinite variety: other women cloy The appetites they feed: but she makes hungry Where most she satisfies; for vilest things Become themselves in her: that the holy priests Bless her when she is riggish. I loved twisty tales and this one came off well!

Reply

Delbert Griffith
07:54 Jul 14, 2023

Thanks so much, Marty. I think you're right! Dolores has a penchant for being a bad girl, even if she is loathe to admit it to herself. And she always leaves you wanting more. LOL Again, thank you, my friend. I always appreciate your comments. Cheers!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kendall Defoe
02:51 Jul 13, 2023

Ooh, this was a good one. It made me think of an old Jim Thompson novel. Excellent use of all the twists and turns...and a great quote from our poetic masters...!

Reply

Delbert Griffith
10:25 Jul 13, 2023

Thanks so much, Kendall. It was a fun write. I might tweak it a bit and reuse it in another contest. The characters are colorful. Cheers!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Amanda Rantanen
02:34 Jul 13, 2023

Unexpected ending!

Reply

Delbert Griffith
10:24 Jul 13, 2023

Yes, that was the point, though I think I could have set it up better. Ah, live and learn (to write better). Thanks and cheers!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Frostie Whinery
03:51 Jul 11, 2023

I knew a twist was coming but didn’t know in which direction it would go. Loved it!

Reply

Delbert Griffith
08:49 Jul 11, 2023

Thank you very much, Frostie. I appreciate the kind words. Cheers!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
03:38 Jul 11, 2023

You're a master of the American crime story. You really kept me guessing what Dolores was up to until the very end. So Betty is the leader of a murderous diner gang, intriguing, like a version of Smurf from Animal Kingdom.

Reply

Delbert Griffith
08:48 Jul 11, 2023

Thanks so much, Scott. I appreciate the comments, truly. The trio were seeking justice for a past crime, and they took their opportunity when it came. I left a few clues, though I don't think I made Jubal seem bad enough. Still, I'm pleased with the tale and I'm pleased that you enjoyed it, my friend. I do wonder what kind of diner food they serve. Better not leave a complaint! LOL Cheers!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Michał Przywara
20:40 Jul 10, 2023

I didn't see the twist coming! But looking back, there were some hints, namely that Janine's fate was never actually mentioned, and she was spoken of in the past tense only. I love that "the sensei" in this case is a real person and not some abstract historical figure, and she doesn't even care for the moniker. Sounds like the kind of thing Dolores would make up :) Dolores herself was well-realized. Amusing, self-deprecating, and willing to get her hands dirty to get the job done. Also, expertly diverted the reader :) Fate catches up t...

Reply

Delbert Griffith
21:23 Jul 10, 2023

Well, thanks so much, Michal. I'm so pleased that the tale came across to you as it did; what you saw was what I intended. Dolores is a memorable character. She might pop up again some fine day. I like her snark and her toughness. I especially like her commitment to justice, even if she has to kill. Don't think I ever want to piss her off, though. LOL Again, thank you, my friend. I love your insights. Cheers!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Susan Catucci
15:49 Jul 10, 2023

Ah, now that was FUN! That story had more twists and turns behind the scenes and now literally on paper than I can remember following in a while. I can certainly tell you enjoy great tales of revenge because you have yourself one here. No, Delores, best not to spit on the dead guy - too self-indulgent, not to mention leaves an instant do-not-pass-go, go-straight-to-jail card. Love what you did with the place! :)

Reply

Delbert Griffith
18:00 Jul 10, 2023

Thanks so much, Susan. I really appreciate it when you like one of my little tales. Thanks so much for the insight; the tale was dogshit before you got hold of it. Truth! I like Dolores, no matter how bad she really is. I may not want to date her, but I like her. She has a sense of justice, and some balls. She walks the walk. Again, thank you, my good friend. I always want to hear what you have to say. Cheers!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
23:06 Jul 09, 2023

Definitely a creepy full moon night story. Didn't really want to but had to keep reading to the end. Your stories do this! Then I had to read it again because though the surprise murder of Jubal seemed to be deserving, I didn't believe what he had done. The end of the story clarified it but I had assumed Dolores had other intentions for befriending Jubal. Janine's funeral. It all fell into place. Dolores came across as quite deranged in her thinking and behavior. Hard to tell who deserved to die. Well done.

Reply

Delbert Griffith
23:34 Jul 09, 2023

Thanks so much for the kind words, Janine. Truly. I definitely wanted some misdirection so that the twist at the end worked, but I fear I fell short in my intentions. I needed to portray Jubal as a little darker, and to make the past incident with Janine clearer. Again, thank you, my friend. Cheers!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Linda Lovendahl
20:00 Jul 09, 2023

I really enjoyed the flow of your story. You give hints of the ending in each character 's dialog which kept me reading to the end. As a suggestion with the composition in the first paragraphs with Delores though, what do you think about adding a word or two about the conflict/worry/apprehension she carries, or doubts about their fated future? I render that suggestion because at first I perceived the italics as a lead-in to a love story --- or maybe that is what you intended! Thanks! Linda

Reply

Delbert Griffith
22:04 Jul 09, 2023

Thanks so much for your kind words, Linda. I appreciate them. You are correct in suggesting that Dolores' character isn't showing enough of the darkness to come. That's spot on, my friend. I appreciate the suggestion. Again, thanks so much, my friend. Cheers!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Michelle Oliver
11:35 Jul 09, 2023

I did not see that coming! Great twist. I like the diary entries that give us a little more insight into the character. Nice work

Reply

Delbert Griffith
12:04 Jul 09, 2023

Thanks so much for the kind words, Michelle. I always appreciate it when a sterling author like you enjoys my little tales. The twist was satisfying to write, but I think I could have hinted a little more at Jubal's dark side. And I think Dolores is a delightful murderer, but I think she should have inted a little more at Jubal's evil character. Again, thank you, my friend. Your comments are always worthy of reading and reflecting on. Cheers!

Reply

Michelle Oliver
12:11 Jul 09, 2023

I liked the shock of the ending. Perhaps you could have laid some breadcrumb clues to make him more evil in hindsight, but I kind of read it that our MC’s were a little unhinged. It felt like they were blaming Jubal for something that happened to cause the sister/friends death, that a sane person would recognise as an accident, but they attributed the blame to him. I thought he wasn’t actually an evil man, just a victim of circumstance that ended badly. Perhaps I read it wrong?

Reply

Delbert Griffith
12:29 Jul 09, 2023

What you just stated is pure gold, Michelle. You're one of the top writers on this site, and it naturally follows that you're also an insightful reader. I can see exactly how you would think that. It makes so much sense. However... That was not my intent. I had intended Jubal to actually be the bad guy and the three murderers seeking justice. Since this didn't come across for you, then it needs reworking. I think I have a problem that many writers have: blind spots. I can see the tale in my mind so clearly, and, because of this, I tend t...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sophia Gavasheli
05:56 Jul 09, 2023

Was not expecting that turn! So Betty was the sensei after all... I like the little journal bits you weave in to the story. They provided such a good view into Dolores's character; she just jumped off the "page." Also, just from the dialogue between Dolores and Lance, I want to spend more time and explore their brother sister relationship. You're really good at writing dialogue with unique voice and insight into character, Delbert! While the unexpected turn worked, might there be a way to subtly work in Dolores's hate for Jabul? Maybe wh...

Reply

Delbert Griffith
11:59 Jul 09, 2023

Thanks for the kind words, Sophia, and thanks especially for the critique. I had a twist ending in mind all through the writing of this tale; this leads me to your critique. Not working in Dolores' hate for Jubal was a glaring error, as you so perceptively pointed out. I dropped some hints. For example, Dolores wanted to do "bad things" to Jubal. This was intended to be a little deceptive until you got to the end and realized that "bad things" meant fatal things. It worked, but it wasn't enough. I'm going to heavily revise this tale and k...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Mike Panasitti
16:08 Jul 08, 2023

No detectives here, but the plot is nevertheless hard-boiled, and has enough kinks in it to satisfy any of the twisted characters (or readers). Medium rare, rather than well-done, Delbert. That's the way I enjoy my filets!

Reply

Delbert Griffith
17:07 Jul 08, 2023

Thanks, Mike. A little lighthearted tale about a murderous trio bent on revenge. And some red velvet cake as well! LOL Cheers, my friend!

Reply

Mike Panasitti
20:25 Jul 08, 2023

Or, better said, what we have in your story this week is not only well-done, but the conclusion also satisfies the appetite for a little blood-red rareness. I'll make a toast to you and my other Reedsy friends next time I have a drink. Thanks for the inspiration, Delbert.

Reply

Delbert Griffith
20:38 Jul 08, 2023

I understood you, Mike, and I appreciated your praise. Thanks again, my friend. It always means a lot to get a Mike Panasitti comment. Cheers!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
14:59 Jul 08, 2023

<removed by user>

Reply

Delbert Griffith
15:24 Jul 08, 2023

Thanks so much, Joe. I wanted a twist ending here, and who doesn't love a few lovable murderers? LOL Again, thanks, my friend. Cheers!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.