Kristy and Drew finally get together

Submitted into Contest #93 in response to: Write your story about two characters tidying up after a party.... view prompt

0 comments

Friendship Romance Teens & Young Adult

Drew and Kristy have been friends since middle school. Ever since they found out their birthday fell in the same month. But only a week apart ever since they found that out. Plus being friend they had their parents celebrate their birthday’s together. Once on Kristy’s birthday the next on Drew’s it went like this for years.

All the way up till they both hit twenty one years old. Through out their child hood they had this awkwardness about them. Neither of them could figure it out until one friend told them ( you to need to date) Drew looked At Kristy and said.

Drew: ( No we are way to good of friends for that.)

Kristy look at them both with a smile on her face. With some nervousness hidden behind it but it is not like. She has not thought about it before she was to scared to bring it up. Drew also thought about it a few times over the year but was afraid to lose their friendship. They did everything together when Kristy had a doctor appointment Drew went. Same with Drew if he had a doctor appointment Kristy went.

The two was practically married there was times they stayed at each others house’s. They just never went that extra step into a relationship neither one dated anyone. Either so they could have as much time for their friend as possible. They know everything about one another their likes dislikes. Also the thing they want to try everything.

So they do not have to worry about each other not liking the other’s present. For their birth day still from time to time Kristy asks Ben.

Kristy: ( What do you want for your birthday?)

Ben: ( Really! You are really going to ask me that. You know everything about me so there is no need to ask.)

Kristy laughs because she knows it aggravates Drew when she asks him that.

Kristy: ( Yes I know. I do know everything about you but I just like to ask.)

Drew: ( Why?)

Kristy with a smile on her face looks at Drew and says.

Kristy: ( Because I know it aggravates you.) (Giggles.)

Drew rolls his eyes looks at Kristy saying.

Drew: ( sigh.) ( What am I going to do with you.)

Kristy with a smile looks at Drew saying.

Kristy: ( You are not going to do anything. Because you love me to much.)

Drew: ( Hmm. You sure about that.)

Kristy looks at Drew giving him a playful slap how could you say that. Turns away from Drew looking the other way with her arms crossed. Drew puts his hand on her shoulder turns her back around saying.

Drew: ( You know I love you I was just aggravating you. Like you did me .)

Kristy: ( you are not allowed to aggravate me. I am the the only one that is allowed to do that.)

Drew : ( Oh really now and when did this vote happen. Also where was I at?)

Kristy: ( Oh you did not get that message? Hmm I guess I have to get on to my secretary. Well the vote happened last night while you was in the shower.)

Drew: ( Oh so I could not defend myself. I see how it is.)

Drew and Kristy have come to have a playful banter like this over the years. To some one who does not know them they would think they are dating. So there friends have decided to give them the push they need. To make them a couple Kristy and Drew just think it will be a regular party but no it will not. Their friends put together a slide show of Drew and Kristy to put on also prepared speech's for them.

The night of the party comes it will be held at Drew’s house. So he has to wait at Kristy’s for everything to be set up. Their friends have everything set for the night but they all chip in and take Drew and Kristy. Out for dinner before the party they all meet up at their favorite restaurant. They all have a nice meal after they finish up everyone takes the short walk to Drew’s house.

As everyone gets in Drew’s house Kristy and Drew see the projector screen setup. Their friends sets them down on friend say.

Friend: ( We are going to show you two something different this year.)

Drew: ( What are you going to show us.)

Friend: ( Just sit back relax and enjoy the show.)

One friend controls the projector the others one by one get up. Telling Drew And Kristy how they effected their life in which way they helped them. Now they are helping Drew And Kristy half way through the slide show Drew say.

Drew: ( What is this about? How are you all Going to help Kristy and I?)

Friend: ( It is almost over. Just relax we will tell you after.)

As their friends continue with their stories showing pictures of all the good. Times they had together Kristy looks at Drew. With a look of wanting to be more then just friends as they conclude their slide show. Kristy’s attention snaps back to everyone else one friend stand up in front of Kristy and Drew saying.

Friend: ( We can no longer stand by seeing you two torture each other. You two obviously want to be with each other. So we are going to leave and we will have your real party at Kristy’s house on her birthday.)

All of their friends leave Kristy and Drew sitting. There in amazement of what just took place after a while. Drew gets up starts cleaning up the cups Kristy unplugs the projector. Finally Drew speaks up.

Drew: ( Can you believe them? Doing this putting us on the spot like that.)

Kristy: ( They was just trying to help.)

Drew: ( Help? Help what? We are friends we always have been. How can we change that? And ruin that.)

Kristy listens as Drew goes on and on about how they are just friends. She finally has enough walks up to Drew and kisses him.

Kristy: ( Our friendship can change just like that.)

Drew: ( How could you do that?)

Kristy: ( Oh come on. We both wanted it. There has always been something between us. Neither one of us have dated we both want each other.)

Drew: ( Yeah you right. I have thought many times of kissing you but was to afraid to.)

Kristy: ( So are we going to start dating?)

Drew: ( Yes if you want to.)

Kristy: ( Yes I do.)

Kristy and Drew hug and kiss spend the night with each other. Both of their cell phones ring every thirty minutes. From their trying to get a hold of them but neither Kristy or Drew answer them. They spend every minute of every day together at Drew’s house. Their friend’s grow worried from them not answering them. All of their friends show up one day at Drew’s house.

Drew answers the door with his friends standing there he invites them in. They all sit down in the living room with Drew saying.

Drew: ( Hey guys sorry we have not been answering your calls or text.)

Friend: ( Are you guys mad at us.)

Drew laughs Kristy starts to walk down the stair’s.

Drew: ( No we are not mad are you guy’s it is the exact opposite.)

Drew looks at his friends they look back at him then they look at the stair’s. Drew finally says.

Drew: ( Hey sweetie can you come down here please.)

Kristy: ( Okay.)

Kristy walks down the stairs sits on Drew’s lap gives him a kiss. Their friends are in shock watching this take place.

Friend: ( You guys are finally together.)

Cheers in excitement.

Drew: ( Yes we are. Thank to your little slide show you put on. Plus Kristy here got tired of all the little games we played. Dancing around our feelings for each other after the half party you guys threw. We got to cleaning up and it just happened. Thanks to you guys.)

Friends: ( You two are welcome.)  

May 14, 2021 17:14

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.