0 comments

General

All Sammy could think about was how he should draw the hands round or square and the hair  should it be curly or straight. He had always been indecisive since he was born according to his dad and impatient too. Not wanting to spend all night drawing hands and the hair he chooses round hands and curly hair.

But of course as soon as he finishes choosing his options and starts his so-called drawing process where he has one sip of his iced tea , puts on his blue eagles hoodie and puts on music. As soon as the music starts he hears barking and rolls his eyes. His roommate David had a Yorkshire Terrier named Lucy who seemed to always start barking whenever he wanted peace and quiet. Sam grabs his noise-canceling headphones. He was actually kind of happy because he could finally put the kinda expensive  purchase to good use.

However before he could put them on he heard a whimper from a cage in the corner. Sam sighs and mentally facepalms for his stupidity.He sets the headphones down on the bed before walking to the cage. He forgot to let his hamster Gus out to run around for a bit in his. He adopted Gus a year after moving out his parents place two years. A while before he actually got a roommate.

He had thought being a freelance artist was a little risky career but it was his passion but passion did not pay the bills so soon bills piled on him leading him to need a roommate. He was pretty lonely living by himself anyway so perfect solution right.

After 3 months of  still having no roommates but not wanting to move back in with his parents he got a job at his local 24 hour supermarket working graveyard shift also known as the night shift. He also still felt pretty lonely but didn't want to spend a lot of money on a pet. So he thought a fish would be perfect.

 Off to the pet store he went however things never seem to go his way there just to be a long line. Thinking it though he decided to why not and look at cute kittens but on his way to the cat and kitten area he stopped by the hamsters area and saw the cutest hamsters ever to him. Which got him thinking about the cost to get and take care of a hamster. After doing some quick research on hamsters he made a decision. So that day he went back to his apartment with a hamster. 

He rolls up his sleeves before opening the cage for  Gus to run around his room for a while. Hearing more barking he remembers to put his headphones on. As soon as his headphones touch his ears he is in the zone. Nothing could break his focus. He did not want to have to work on this comic for the whole night. However his hamster Gus just could not allow that. 

After a few minutes on working on the first rough draft Sam felt weight on his lap. He takes off his headphones and sees Gus on his lap. Gus did not usually get that tired that fast running around in his room.  So he felt his hamster to see if Gus was cold to tell if he was sick but his body was normal temp so what was wrong.

Then Sam remembered that the last time he had fed Gus was about five hours ago. Sam mentally facepalmed again for the second time in an hour. How had  he forgotten to feed him again. He had to remember to add very forgetful to his mental list of his traits later on.

 Sam gingerly put Gus in the nook and cranny of his right elbow before opening this door and walking towards the kitchen. After he got there he set Gus on in the middle of the counter and went to the fridge. Now here where being indecisive does not come in handy. Should Sam feed Gus an apple, maybe a banana or even a cucumber.

Knowing that he should hurry up and get back to his comic he chooses the last option. Cutting the cucumber into tinier pieces before giving them to Gus. He picks the plate of cucumber pieces and Gus up before going back to his room. Setting Gus on the floor with a plate of fruit. Sam goes back to his art desk and takes a sip of his tea before putting back on his headphones.

About an hour later Sam heard barking which was strange because of his headphones. Then he noticed that there was a red light on one side of the headphone meaning they were dead. Sam rolled his eyes in annoyance and decides to catch up on Gus. Gus turn to the spot where he left and does not see him.

Sam gets up to turn on the lights and for that hamster when he notices he never closed the door. Sam sighed before leaving the room to look for Gus. After all he could not have gone very far it was a small apartment in New Jersey. After checking the kitchen bathroom, living and his room twice. He grew a little worried. Where could a small hamster have gone in an hour.  Sam goes to ask his roommate when he notices something by the front.

Sam being a little curious goes to check it out and long behold it was Gus. Sam rolls his eyes for almost the thousand time that day before gingerly picking Gus and going back in his room. He sets Gus back in his cage before closing his room door. However before he can sit back down and work on the coloring part of part of his comic he hears more barking from Lucy and some whimpers from Gus. Sam gives up and just takes his blue eagle hoodie and lets Gus out of the cage again before laying wondering if he would ever finish the comic.



April 21, 2020 10:07

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.