4 comments

Bedtime Desi Teens & Young Adult

Once upon a time in a city of bailout a very weak baby was born her face was pale and pink and her hands were small then other normal newborn babies. She came out as young 9 months baby so nobody understands why that baby is so weak. Her mother named her Diana. When Diana turn 9 she always used to stay close her mother and anybody she used to meet told her she looks so weak like a little thing and she younger than her actual age and people often told her that she needs to take proper diet. Her mother did everything for her daughter to be healthy but she was still pale and weak people often laughed at her when she used to go take shoe shop looking at her small feet she might disappear one day. She started to become more introvert because every other person she used to meet told her how small her hands and her legs looked she was often bullied in her school and they named her mice, matchstick and many more. Instead of playing outside with her friends Diana used to enjoy playing with her toys "hello Mr Tobby it looks like you spill the tea, again! But don't worry I won't judge you cause you're clumsy I like you Mr tobby cause you don't judge my from my apperance" talking to her teddy bear Diana felt joy playing with her toys who never used to judge her. You know Mr tobby the schoolboys in my class told me today I might get kidnapped by someone cause I'm short and they always laughed at my apperance and I'm always so nice to them even though I hate them I wish I could tell them how I feel when they hurt me like that . After some years Diana grew up as a young beautiful girl but still looked weak and small. Her younger sister Este was born and was 12 years younger than Diana. People often told her mother that her younger daughter would look more older and mature than Diana. One day her aunt arrived Daina was happy to see and came forward to greet her but her aunt instantly told her "oh Diana! you haven't changed yet, your face looked like ugly as a weak rat, looking at her with disgust in that moment Diana felt so hurt she couldn't even say anything and put her head down the whole time and she went in her room and could hear her aunt speaking to Diana's mother about her. Looking at her room's window a tear spilt down her cheek and moving forward and holding Mr to by she said 'it feels like people are constantly throwing stones at me and I don't even know why I'm in this place at the first place why can't just be normal Mr tobby? After somedays when her aunt left Dianas house she still kept on thinking about her words and refuse to look herself in the mirror for days" why? God why? I'm like this it's like I want to tell People how badly they're words hurt me I want to hurt them like they had hurt me but every time I had so many things to tell them but I just can't I just cant. Why I'm so weak, why I don't have a courage to tell them at least just one time I want to speak for me. After being alone for some days Diana came out from her room and she said this is not the life I wanted for me her eyes were red and her hands and feet were shivering and it looks like every skin in her body told her that I had enough all these years she felt like a tree where people keep on cursing the tree till it finally became a dry lifeless one this is not the life I want she decided that she will never going to meet her relatives and her toxic friends who tolerated her instead of celebrating her. She grew up and atarted to work on herself and did actually what made her happy. After Some years went by When Diana turned 35 she had a beautiful skin dark black jet hair and her body turned healthy and beautiful she looked like she was in her young 20s. She came to her parents house for their anniversary where she met her ." oh Diana ! you look so young nobody can make out that you're 35" and when you were so young you used to be so ugly and now look at you turned into ugly duckling story. "You see aunty meera I been always younger than my actual age there's nothing new about it .When you said I looked ugly as a mouse I cried for four weeks telling myself that why God made me this way and I wish I could have never existed I felt like people had to see my face and they had to tolerate it and they let me down so many years till I met my husband John who made me feel like how special I was and he told me it was love at first sight when he saw my face and my hands and felt like theyre so cute" so you see it's all about perspective sone people they can never love you no matter how nice you are to them and some people always going to love you cause it's "you" and all these years i had a lot of things to say to you ,words that might hurt you too but I never utter those words i never said instead I took all the pain to myself cause I never wanted you to feel the way I felt and that taught me that I always had a good heart cause people don't remember which nail polish, or which brand attire you wore I'd day but they will always going to remember how you treated them that day thet place. So aunty the story of ugly duckling didn't teach you how "an ugly duck turned into a beautiful one" but it teaches you "that the duck was always bautiful in the first place".

January 13, 2021 07:59

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

Bojan Aleksić
07:08 Jan 23, 2021

Besides, the true diamonds are hidden in the rough shells, one should try to see beyond the appearances. That is also one of the messages of this story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Bojan Aleksić
07:05 Jan 23, 2021

There are many grammatical errors, it is true, but, for me, it doesn't take away anything from this beautiful and educational story. I really enjoyed it. Well done Aish.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Llind Kam
06:34 Jan 21, 2021

Hi Aish, I am from the critique circle. I might sound a bit harsh but it is not my intention to discourage you from writing more. I found it difficult to read your story because of the jarring grammatical errors. I will try to point a few out. I would suggest you to read the entire text and while reading ensure that the flow of reading is smooth. 1. The very first few lines could sound better this way-'Once upon a time in a city of Bailout, a very weak baby was born. Her face was pale and pink and her hands were smaller than the other newb...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Aish Samnothra
08:04 Jan 13, 2021

This is story is about a young girl Diana who has a good heart and did not choose to be a cruel even when people hurt her. One day she taught her aunt a lesson who's been picking on her and managed to kill her aunt's thoughts with kindness.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.