Light Is Shining On The Truth - Part One

Submitted into Contest #92 in response to: End your story with a truth coming to light.... view prompt

9 comments

Drama Romance Teens & Young Adult

I’m collaborating with Cookie Carla. Check out her page when part two is out!

Trigger Warning: Brief Mature Content

Here's the story!



Abigail

Friday Afternoon


I walk into the room waiting on my mom to come to pick me up. I grab my phone out of my purse, texting her to tell her I’m ready. I get a message from my mom telling me that she’s here. I walk outside the door out into the open. 


“Hey, Mom,” I announce as I sit down in the car.

“Hey, Abi,” she states. “What did he say?”

“Oh, he said that I’m well. Blood pressure and sugar isn’t too high and everything looks good.”

“Okay, great!”

After that quick conversation we sit in silence, when we arrive home I go upstairs and start on my school work.

I grab my Geometry notebook, my phone and earbuds and a mechanical pencil. When I have all of that I start my music and I begin my notes. 

As I’m working, someone comes into my room and kisses my neck.

I look up and see my mom’s husband.

“Hey, baby,” Jacob says as he lifts his lips off my neck.

“Hey!” I give him a kiss and he kisses me back.

Jacob

Friday Afternoon


I walk to the door and lock it. I turn around and look Abi in her big blue eyes. I walk towards her and I pick her up and put her on her bed. I lay on top of her and begin to kiss her. I kiss her with all my heart and passion as if time doesn’t exist. I take off her clothes and I kiss her neck and her chest. Longing for the feeling of keeping her.


Abigail

 Monday Morning


I wake up the next morning getting ready for school. I brush my teeth, fix my bed, do my hair and I head downstairs to get my breakfast. 

“Good Morning everyone!” I grab my plate of breakfast food. “Thanks mom!”

“Good Morning. Your welcome sweetie.” My mom smiles at me and turns back to continue cooking.

“Good Morning,” Jacob says. I look up at him and he smiles. 

I sit down at the bar and eat my breakfast. As I finish up, I ask who will be taking me to school and Mom says that she will since she has an interview to go to. 

I bet you’re wondering why I’m not driving myself. It's because my mom doesn’t have the money to get me a car nor take me to driver’s ed classes, hence the interview.

I grab my backpack and a naked smoothie, from the fridge and head to the car. My mom walks out of the house and unlocks the car and we get in. She turns up the radio and we listen to the 97 minute marathon on Q97.3. When we made it to my high school, Hamilton’s High, Oh My God by Alec Benjamin came on and I couldn't even listen to it. 

“Ughhh.”

Mom begins to laugh and she says, “Have a nice day sweetie, Jacob will come get you. I’ll see you later.”

“Yes ma’am. I’ll see you then, I love you. I wish you all the luck with your interview, mom.”

“I love you too, thank you honey.”

She drives off and I head into the school. I walk towards my friends; Kayla, Mackenzie, and Terra, in the Student Center. 

“Hey, guys!”

“Hey, Abi,” they all state in unison.

“How was your weekend, guys?” I question

“It was soooo good,” Kenzie says as she begins to go into detail. “Jackson came over on Valentine’s day and he gave me this really cute unicorn and some chips and candy and he gave me…” She builds up the suspense and we scream, “What!?” with anxiousness. “He gave me a promise ring.” She lifts up her hand and shows it to us.

“It’s.” we stop to make it seem dramatic, “Beautiful!” we scream together. 

We began to laugh. 

When we stop she says, “I know right.”

“Mines was pretty decent,” Terra responds

Mine to,” Kayla corresponds.

“Are y’all ready for the Geometry test?” I ask after a moment of silence.

“Nope!,” says Kenzie.

“I am, “ says Kayla.

“A little,” says Terra.

“You?” they ask all at the same time.

“Yea, I rewrote my notes yesterday to get it ‘carved’ in my brain,” I laugh.

“Oh,” says Terra.

“I get that,” says Kayla.

“Cool,” says Kenzie.

The bell rings and it’s time to go first hour, Geometry.

At the 8:30 bell, Mrs. Davison passes out the test.

“Y’all know what today is. For those who don’t, you will take the Unit 1 test and have until the end of class to finish it,” she announces. “Get everything you need out cause in a few I will say begin.”

Everybody shuffles to get their calculator, pull up the desmos graphing calculator and a pencil and some scratch paper.

I look at Kenize, Terra and Kayla and give them a thumbs up and they smile.

“In 3, 2, 1. You may begin.”

I work through each question, solving them with the best of my abilities. That is until I feel bile at the back of my throat. Threatening to come up at any second, so I run out the room and rush toward the bathroom before it comes up. But it’s too late, as it enters the trash can.

I walk into the bathroom to grab a paper towel and use some water to clean around my mouth and inside of it. I look up and see myself in the mirror. Oh goodness, that was just so embarrassing. I walk out the bathroom and back towards Mrs. Davison’s class.

After that period, I continue on with the day. But at every given moment, I just think about what I learned this weekend. I just wonder what would I do? How would I benefit it? What could I do for it? Do I let it go?

At the end of the school day, Jacob comes and picks me up.

“Hello, Jacob!”

“Hey, Abi. How was your day?”

“Pretty good. And yours?

“It was decent.”

“Is mom home?”

“Yea, she is.”

“Okay, great!”

Jacob

Monday Afternoon


I drive in silence. Something seems really off about Abi right now. She’s really quiet and the tension is so thick that you can cut it with a knife. 

I drive into the garage and turn off the car. “Abi?” I try. “Is everything okay"

“Um, yea.” 

“Are you sure?”

“Yea. I’m fine, Jacob.”

I shake my head, something’s seriously wrong. 

“Can I get out, now?”

“Yea. Gone get out.”

She gets out of the car and as do I. We walk into the house and she goes upstairs. After a while, Abi asks me and her mom to come into the living room.


Abigail

Monday Evening


I’m sitting on the couch when Mom and Jacob walk into the living room. I stand up and gesture them towards the couch. They sit down and Mom asks, 

“What’s wrong, baby?” 

“I have something to tell you.”

“And what is that?”

“Me and Jacob have been sleeping together.”

Mom looks down at the floor and when she lifts up you see a tear rolling down her face. 

Jacob looks at me with a look in his eye. Like ‘why did you tell her.’

This is gonna hurt Mom like hell. “And I’m pregnant.”


May 07, 2021 16:27

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

9 comments

Harr Bear
16:49 May 07, 2021

That was GREAT, sis, nothing like Soulmates!!! But good nonetheless!!!!!!

Reply

Whitney Jones
16:57 May 07, 2021

Forget you! Thanks, sis.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Whitney Jones
16:44 May 07, 2021

It's been a while😂!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Cookie Carla🍪
19:42 May 07, 2021

OMG!!! You gave me THIS to work with😂 I really liked the first part and I hope part 2 at least counters to this one!!

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
19:42 May 07, 2021

Part 2: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/contests/92/submissions/66148/

Reply

Show 0 replies
Whitney Jones
20:47 May 07, 2021

You'll do GREAT! You did very well!! Lol!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.