2 comments

Drama Sad

Till this very day I cannot express the pain and grief you have caused me. Words will never not be enough to describe the treacherous acts you've committed.

Or is it just me who feels this way, am I the only one who's over exaggerating and brooding over your past sins and betrayal.

Why am I the only one who's suffering to this very day, while everyone is just going about their respective lives. Does that mean I'm the weak being here, or does it only portray how you meant the world to me, how precious your smile was to me, how every word came out from your mouth was knowledge and wisdom to my ears. Every step you lead, I followed. Every action you took, I repeated. Every letter you spelled, I chanted.


What went wrong, what grave mistake did I commit for you to throw me away this cruelly. Did I burden you with responsibilities that you wished to cast aside and open your wide wings to soar high in the sky.

Or is it because you no longer needed me by your side, for you found your happiness, and I was a lethal threat to you.

Perhaps you loved me no more, you've grown tired waking up every morning to be greeted by your younger brother, poking your cheeks with pure excitement and glee, did all those years of exhaustion pile up and lead to this vengeance and brutality.

Oh dear brother of mine!, were you perhaps still enraged for when i splattered and inked your canvas of masterpiece that you were to present , sell to a noble gentleman. To earn us crumbs to eat and survive. If that was the case then forgive me, for I still reflect upon that dreadful deed I have commenced. I was but a foolish five year old child who loved to middle in things, I beg forgiveness.

Or perhaps was it because I was offered the job you worked so hard to earn, I'm sorry I was so thrilled when you came running to me that faithful day, saying the aristrocrats were offering to hire a royal painter with a fair competition. I wanted to follow your steps, I only wanted to be as great as you were. You were but a lovely piece of artwork and inspiration to my mind and soul. I meant to do it just for the sake of it, I never wanted to steal away your position. But you never even flinched nor furrowed your eyebrows after learning that I shattered your dream, and snatching away the prize. You shed tears of happiness and pride, you were proud of me, never ever complained nor gloomed over it.

Later you and I earned the title of the best painters of our joyous kingdom. I was the royal painter, while you swept the nation with your bewitching talent, you stole everyone's heart with endless creativity. You sold many artworks, to the point you've become a noble man yourself.

I think that was where everything started to crumble slowly. With money, power and whispers of those devilish bloodsucking nobles, you have become distant.

To you it might have felt normal, for we were grown up, independent and successfully wealthy. What more could we possibly need each other for; well that's where that fault lied, I wanted nothing more than your love and praise, nothing but you narrating me the tales of our delusional adventures that we have created together in our imaginary domain, nothing more than you tucking me in our small shared space of sleeping area, lulling me to sleep. You Took our late parent's roles when you were but a slender little sprout yourself.

Fighting against everything, all alone, always protecting me from evil and wickedness of the cold world. Oh!, I would trade my everything to get a glimpse of you and your precious, tender touch.

Nonetheless, I guess I was the only one yearning for your attention and affection. For You've began to drift further and further, almost every time I've come to visit you, your butler would politely shoo me away, with the excuse of you being occupied with some bloody damn business. And with whole honesty I wished that you would be the one to kick me out, so I could get a quick look at your handsome appearance or if I'm fortunate enough, I could sneak in a conversation to distract you from kicking me out, even it was for mere seconds. I would still feel content.

Yet as days flew by you've become colder and colder towards me, it pained me, it tore my heart into billion shreds of emptiness and sadness. However, I knew for a fact, it was not your fault to begin with. Those pawns of devil creeped into your white soul and spread the poison within your veins. Taining you little by little, they ruined you, and I'm sorry for not being there to protect you, had I known a little earlier that they were tormenting you and your beautiful family, I would have sent them to hell with these hands of mine.

They turned you; my brother who loved me ever so dearly for ages and decades, to a monster who smited my only son's throat and heart right infront my eyes.

I begged you to kill me, to harm me, to spare my wife's life. I knelt before you, told you to leave the innocent ones alone. I pleaded you to look at me and only me.

Trust me, I could have stopped you from killing my son and wife, I could have separated your head from your body if I wanted to. But how could I, I stood there witnessing my precious family's death right before my own eyes like a complete coward. I couldn't bring myself to harm you; you who raised and feed me; you loved and cherished me like no one else in this world. Doyou know how painful that feeling is, to lose your only brother's compassion and then lose your newly gained family by your own blood.

But even after all the sins you've committed, declaring and framing me for attempting to poison a youth who was to succeed my position in the later years; he was my peer for goodness sake!, you stripped me from my title, humiliating me, bringing dishonor and shame to my family, throwing us on the streets.

Just like that you've fallen into the trap of those wicked bastards, believing that I was plotting against you!; you who were my everything in this darkness. Why did you believe them, oh dear brother of mine, why?, why did you let them into your head?.

I called for you, begged, pleaded, grabbing the pants of your guard while sinking in my ocean of tears, drowning in my family's pool of blood. But you stood there, face painted with bright red, with sword sweating droplets of crimson red. You stood there glaring at me from above, with your icy blue eyes.

You turned around to leave, then spared me one more deadly glance before ordering your guards to set fire upon my once filled with love and joy home.

And just like that you disappeared behind the curtains of smokes and ashes.

I cried and cried; I cried so hard, hoping you would hear my calls; hear your younger brother's laments and wails. I taught maybe just maybe, you would spare me a pitiful look, or you might comeback for me just like back then. Back when we were young and innocent, back to the days where you would come rushing towards me; me who just tripped over a harmless pile of leaves. But oh!, how wrong was I to assume so. That very tragic night, you buried your last remaining drops of mercy beside my family's ashes.

You left me with nothing, just a hollow vessel, wondering around with no purpose in life, yet after all the chaos and destruction, I will remain faithful to you, I will not despise you, I cannot even if I wished to.

Hence, I shall spend my remaining days here, where everything was light and colorful, where our giggles filled and echoed through the tiny cracks of our lovely cabin. Where everything was simply wonderful and peaceful. Oh!, how I wish I could re-live those days, those memories filled laughter and silly jokes.

Oh brother of mine, I shall wait for you here, wait for your return, wait for the day where you will open your benevolent arms wide for me, welcoming me in your warm brotherly embrace.

Oh dear brother of mine!, I will forever love you, and await for your return.

January 30, 2021 11:47

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Sivaram Govindaraj
07:24 Feb 11, 2021

Brothers drift apart for reasons of jealousy over skill. The younger one still longs for acceptance by the older.The blog doesn't fit the prompt. There is no historical fiction in the blog as categorised. English is poor. CRITIQUE CIRCLE

Reply

Slothy Penguin
08:02 Feb 11, 2021

Sivaram Govindaraj, thank you for pointing out the errors. I will keep that in mind. Regarding the blog what I wanted to convey is that the younger brother was betrayed by his older brother. yet he couldn't bring himself to hate him. :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.