0 comments

Drama Fiction Friendship

No! Never Again

By: Ireland Lorelei

           It was a beautiful sunny Saturday afternoon at Oakland Park Beach in Florida. The breeze coming across the Atlantic Ocean was making the 100-degree weather bearable. The temperature of the ocean water was refreshing and cooling in the heat. It was the first weekend of summer after the pandemic. People were starting to filter out more since the vaccinations had come out and the mask mandates and social distancing guidelines were being lifted. Carrie Blake and her best friend Susie King laid on the beach tanning while listening to people talking, and kids playing in the sand. By the laughter and excited voices, you could tell that after a year and a half of being cooped up inside, everyone was thinking the same thing, it was great to be able to enjoy the outdoors again and be around other people.

           “Carrie, we need to come out tonight. The pandemic is under control and it is the first weekend of summer. The bars here at the beach are going to be packed with people,” Susie said.

           “We definitely do! I vote for barhopping tonight. I am ready for some fun! It has been way too long since we have been able to get out and have a good time,” Carrie replied.

           “Great. I say we pack up from here around 6 p.m. and head home to get ready. Then we can meet down at the strip around 9:30 p.m.” Susie said.

           “Sounds good, but do we want to drive two cars. You know how hard it will be to find a place to park?” Carrie asked.

           “I think we should drive two cars because what if one of us meets someone and wants to stay out later than the other!” Susie said with a big grin on her face. “I mean you just never know!”

           “Okay, I see your point and the grin on your face is saying that you are hoping that you do meet someone!” Carrie laughed back.

           They spent the next four hours relaxing in the sun before packing up to leave and head to their houses to get ready for the night. Both of them were excited to get out and party.

Carrie stopped at Wendy’s and grabbed a salad before heading home to get ready. That would hold her until she got to the bar and had some wings. As she pulled up at her house, she was already thinking about what she wanted to wear. She wondered if she had time to run out and buy something new, but looking at the clock it said 7 p.m. Calculating in her head, she needed to be ready to leave at the latest 8:45 p.m. and that would give her about fifteen minutes to find a park before meeting Susie outside of church McGowan’s Irish Pub. That didn’t leave her any time to go shopping, she would have to find something in her closet.

After eating her salad, she headed upstairs to her bedroom to get ready. Looking through her closet she decided on a light pink fitted sundress with a pair of white sandals. She left her blond hair flowing down her back. Luckily, she thought, I had a pedicure two days ago and my toes are painted pink!

She finished getting ready and headed out to her car. She arrived at McGowan’s at 9:15 p.m. Like she had suspected, finding a park was like finding a needle in a haystack. She finally pulled into a parking spot at 9:28 p.m. just as her phone rings.

“Hello,” Carrie answered. “Let me guess, you are either running late or can’t find a park!”

Susie laughed back, “Well considering that was before the pandemic and I was not this excited to get out of the house, I can see why you would think that I am running late! But I am actually on time, but I did just park. I am walking towards the bar now. Where are you?”

“The same,” Carrie replied. “I will be at the door in a minute.”

“Okay, we should be there about the same time! We must be parked on different sides of the building. I think I see you walking towards me,” Susie replied.

“I see you too. I guess we are parked on opposite sides!” Carrie said as she got to the door.  She only had to wait about a minute or two before Susie was standing beside her.

           They stayed in McGowan’s for a little over an hour before heading out to walk down the strip. They walked in a few other bars to see what the crowd and atmosphere looked like before stopping at TW3’s. The music was hitting hard and the crowd was hype. They decided this was the place they would spend the rest of the night.

           They were sitting at a table in the corner of the bar drinking Appletini’s when this gorgeous hunk of a man walked up to the table and asked Carrie to dance. She glanced at Susie as she was getting up from the table with the “OMG” look!

           As they started to the dance floor, he introduced himself as Carl Samuels, 38 from Kinston, Jamacia and he was a surgeon in Miami where he currently lives. She introduced herself. Said she was 36 from Ft. Lauderdale and that she was a defense attorney. Before she knew it, what started out to be just one casual dance to a hip Reggae song, turned into three, and finally into a slow song. At first, Carrie started to get off the dance floor, but he grabbed her arm and pulled her in close. That song seemed like it went on for hours instead of minutes. With every move, she felt his manhood getting harder and harder.  She couldn’t decide if she wanted to walk away or get his number! However, she figured she would let him lead and if he gave her his number, then she would call to see him again!

           They finished out the slow dance and he walked her back to her table where Susie was still there sitting down.

           “Thank you for the dance, or dances Carrie. You have made my night. I’d like to see you again. Can I give you my number?” Carl asked.

           “I enjoyed it as well Carl and I would like to see you again as well,” Carrie replied as she grabbed her cell phone and went to her contacts to add his number. “Your number is?”

           With a smile on his face, he said, “999-555-5555. Call me anytime. I will be waiting.”

           As he walked away, she looked at Susie and shook her head and let out a moan, and said, “Girl, I am so happy you suggested this outing! I am definitely going to give him a call!”

           “Well, I hope so because I didn’t think you were ever going to come off the dance floor! So, give me the 411!” Susie requested.

           “You mean other than drop-dead gorgeous and that accent that makes you just want to get buck ass naked!” she gasped out.

           “Well, that part is obvious! So, give me the not-so-obvious stuff!” Susie said as she lightly hit Carrie on her arm.

           “He is 38 years old from Kingston, Jamacia, and is a surgeon in Miami. And if what I felt through his pants while we were dancing is any indication, the sex has got to be off the chain!” Carrie said not holding in her desire.

           “Oh my God, Carrie, really?! Like only you can go out in a sundress and sandals to a bar and pick up probably one of the most eligible bachelors in the place and give him a hard-on while dancing public!” Susie said laughing. “While I on the other hand get asked to dance by a half-drunk, no accent wanna be actor!”

           “Oh Susie, I am so sorry. But you know you will have better luck next time, I’m sure,” Carrie replied giving her friend a hug.

           “Next time. Who said anything about a next time? I’m never going out with you again!!” Susie laughed into Carrie’s shoulder. Both of them knowing they would be back again next weekend!

July 29, 2021 23:29

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.