0 comments

Christian Inspirational Teens & Young Adult

Hello, my love. Grab yourself your favorite drink. Come closer, open your mind, and shine your eyes because the topic of the day is: Is Love a competition, and why is dating hard? We have had this conversation before, but allow me to dig a little deeper on this chilly day with beautiful skies. Here goes. 

We have been dating for the past six months. Our relationship has been a rollercoaster, we have experienced all the emotional highs and lows, and all the unexpected turns, but we have managed to beat the odds, and this is because being with you has been a joy and an incredible experience. I could not have asked for a better person to be with. Moving my feet slowly to the beat of this

 journey of life with you has been the most beautiful thing in the world. When you unexpectedly walked into my life, I believed God fulfilled my prayers.  

Is love a competition? The answer is no. 

I have come to realize that love is not a competition. I know it seems as though we are running out of time and losing our minds because everyone else around us seems so happy due to the peer pressure of painting the perfect picture of relationships, but here's a reminder " We have all the time in the world" to fall in love over and over again and create our own beautiful love story. Yes, my love. I know that you and I are gonna go far

Because we have been six feet under but now it's over

Oh, it's over

No more tears, my dear.

Oh, darling, let's stand out from the crowd. 

Our love story doesn't have to be better or perfect

Let's do things differently, shall we? 

Let's keep our traditional foods and memories of our ancestors alive and love each other the African way

I will cook your favorite dishes.  

Jollof rice, Ogbono soup, Fried plantains

Fufu and Egusi soup. 

Yes, my King. Love becomes sweet when you have pure and genuine love for the person you are in a relationship with.

And If we ever struggle to understand the meaning of love, may we always 

ask for guidance from the man upstairs 

As you sing me love songs

Because the voices in my head keep saying I'm dead

But I know your love can save me

I do, I do.

And this is because I believe in your love

I believe in you

Oh, I do

You accepted all my flaws from the very beginning 

You stood by me 

You helped me get off my knees 

And fought off my sins.

I never knew I needed such a love, but then I remembered what 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 says ”Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”

”Oh, my twinkle twinkle little star

My heart is happy at last and I'm flying high. I know have found the one who makes my heart smile, as we love each other deeply, may love cover a multitude of our sins as we trust in the LORD with all our hearts, and may we acknowledge Him as he makes straight our paths. "

Oh, my king, I know we live in a world where almost everything is based on ”Looks, money, and the lifestyle of a celebrity " Society's pure perfection and flawless beauty standards have left many of us not knowing the meaning of life itself. Oh, what a shame! 

 Our Lord said: ”For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul"

 Why Is Dating Hard? 

Dating in this generation is pointless and hard. It's even harder if you're looking for a serious relationship. I think I’m wise enough to know that Television and social media don’t paint an accurate picture. So I’ll be the first to admit it's extremely difficult to find a serious partner nowadays because people are not fully awakened. Everything now is about physical appearance and material possessions. People no longer care about what lies within or what matters in a relationship.

A healthy relationship involves honesty, trust, respect, and communication. In every serious relationship, mutual love, respect, and assistance have to be shown for it to be successful.

Two Are Better Than One.

I know that life is a journey of endless experiences, but darling, I love you enough to know that I want to be with you on this journey because there is something about you that makes me want to hold you forever.  

I have never been the type to say I do

But darling with you, I'm willing to 

Because since the day I met you

I have been crushing, crushing, crushing on you. So what God has joined together, let no one separate because I know that I have found the one whom my soul loves. 

”He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless."

”May the Lord bless you and keep you; may He smile on you and be gracious to you; may He look your way and give you peace"

My darling king, I’m using the one source that never changes — the Bible. Because God's word never fails. 

Although the beginning of our relationship has been exciting, it's the long game that is the best part, I'm longing for a happily ever after

So as we move along our journey, may we encourage one another and build each other up. May we love each other honestly and earnestly. And most importantly, we must stand together and always remember to love each other just as much as God loves us, which is unconditionally for his grace is all we need, and his power is the greatest when we are weak. We can do all things through him who strengthens and empowers us.

January 21, 2024 23:05

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.