2 comments

Romance Drama

Writer -

Sana's MysticWorld


Fiction written in 1/2 an hour . 7-9 minutes read.


Excusez moi for any error.


Storyline- Romance And Resilience


Deal - #Quarantine


B/w 2 Dissimilar Souls from 2 different world.


Backdrop - Indian subcontinent and Beautiful Valley in Europe



--------------------



They just met once...


The girl at a concert to see her favourite famous septuagenerian singer perform live... along with her sister and friends


At the end, all celebrities big time & small, matured veterans to upcoming talents et al assembled around lunch area surrounded by fans and audience, a big lounge in a 5-star hotel. One amongst her friends started talking to a unique looking folk singer with a turban around his head like a bandana, tall well-built clad in tucked jeans & white shirt..


Something different about him.

Later found out that her friend & the folk artiste could speak common language.


He exchanged business cards with many and including hers.


Some days later, she received an email that he would be happy to perform at corporate houses and shared his outstanding CV. Unbelievably extraordinary talent who worried about his core team more than himself for sustainability for such many junior side artistes who had no takers, earned so little to survive.


And that' was all after that they never met... but continued to keep in touch on phone, plain exchange of his performances and explaining in English common language as neither she could speak his language nor he could.


Some years later he shared about his bohemian ways, women in his life.


She... just the opposite close to introvert nevertheless believed that to each according to his or her belief.


He said 'hey ... getting old that have never proposed anyone.. but today is the day to'. without drama "would you care to marry me"? but I won't leave this village... you have to join me. Quickly he said all with least in anticipation on her response or reaction.


She laughed as coming from very close conservative outlook rather preferred not to be bold... Just used to hear stories of others and laugh it aloud, dismissive.


A few more years lapsed, he continued to live in his village by the coast at times on international tour while she moved to Europe...


Again on this news both reconnected as he wanted her to connect to his european friends who belonged to the same coterie.


He never saw her for past 8 years... just recognized her voice, rather no need for a reason she said 'ain't lovers'.


He could just say still couldn't figue out how she looked then & now .. just curiosity killed the cat.


She retorted ... no need...


Quarantine Came & Stayed on


He insisted that come online 'I want to see you' for how much have you changed she again simply laughed... hmm said just like a big fat drum... haa haa

Again some more days this time it was clear.. no patience he insisted had to see online . Both promised for virtual date fixed & arranged to see each other on video-call.


It was a sunny day in India, She saw his first glance after years of that last and only 1st brief meeting, unpretentious in his much worn-out khaki shorts, talking to another folk in his language on paddy field after local footbal game...still could not gather to show him, her screen as he could understand... she was too hesitant she would only when he wasn't too busy and without anyone around him.


No more waiting he got her and replied gentle said allow me time.


At last they were on screen, same time but at two diferent time zone

years later & 2nd time


His reaction.. could not believe...his eyes


Such grace, poise atractive soul & so rare... she a beauty

... much predicted


Continued communication this time more activities sharing online from showing around striking beautiful sites of two countries at the 2 ends of the world, food preparation on chulha Indian burner in his Kitchen (chaukaa), special art of making kites and flying session with the support of a young 12 yrs old boy called Baba, best friend from his village. Regular he sitting when not working as if of the same age & childlike ... on his boat

While she shared challenges negotiating and fighting with banks prior to taking decision on moving forward. Ordeal it was she clearly remembered.


She matter of fact expressed with an angst plight of Farmers and Students, not different

Close to Premchand's story Godaan about burden of loan, recurring interest and concern over repayment ... story intertwined into quagmire of complexities and on end life goes in solving. Struggle in the end trying not to sink but swim.


Tornado about to arrive in his village with expected massive damage both lives & stocks. Ships & boat anchored at the shore


So is the life of each during unprecedented calamity of the century.

Human tragedy, unemployment & hopelessness across sectors that has sheen & shines now all lost, faded & dim.


Such blissful life and charm of living free from hustle-bustle of big cities.

Where she with her unending stress academics and finances


He knew her ambition , to go for higher studies and real application unlike those of nobel laureates fantastic ornamented theories, good enough for foreign awards.


While she knew he would never compromise with his idealogies on propagating dying folk music and singing style with idiotic filmi songs.


They knew both had great ideas but fetch no remunerations. He would make fun of her that she would wake up in England have breakfast in France and dinner, Geneva.


While she thought he would remain there singing in the agricultural field promoting thy dying extinct music classic, and at times spend time playing football with children.


Another video call this time a deal was exchanged.


But before that a short story.


The girl asked fondly if 'she asked for a favour would he do that? ... he retorted as he knew could read her mind 'don't push me to sing film songs that's against my idealogies'.


She said then continue to live in poverty... Do wht audience like.

Anyway Bye


Ok ok ... he retorted

OOh my lord he accepted

'Wht should I do just tell me, he asked? Prompt came her reply sing my favourite song you sung that day record and send...

Rest just leave it on me wait & watch .. you would turn over night a craze' mint money he laughed at her innocence.


AArey baba that involves huge money even to make 2 mnts music video, cost bomb for a gig.. he as a matter of fact stated.


No not at all... ask Baba to hold your mobile but first train him shooting with a moving mobile in/around your agri- space and river. She ordered otherwise thinking my way or just no way and firm with 'dont talk to me, got it' and that you sing while he records.. they did laugh.


Ok fine... but on a condition the guy said


... a puzzled quizzical look, quickly asked what??


That you would visit my village..


Just this... ok

If your song goes viral then you too have to promise... she said putting forth her demand


Ok ...


Both complied ... the deal struck ...


Say you would sing this song for me on stage during your international gig.


And that if the film is ever made then the song your friend wrote especially for you to be recorded in your voice only, that song pls be first incorporated in that film based on our true story to be heard by many for the 1st time

Happy million dollar agreement... no worries he chuckled and said

OOh such small thing, Ok done.


No harm making dreams while awake... at least that has power to make us happy .


Big Deal


Ok Done thinking as if Covid woud go and that would happen as it is...


Regular small happy talk and they left at that.. no joke but seriously to take up soon.


One day they called each other and shared the updates, that she had something to share while writing on tweeter challenging Nobel laureate she was noticed and in actual she received a call from the office of that big economist... and she said thanks goes to you


The guy asked how ...


Remember that day when your mood was real off-beat blaming the Govt, no relevance of creme de la creme job IAS Babus and bogus economic ideals, continued exploitation of reservoir and citizens for self interest when unquestionably the reality is different no actual applications no benefits and subsidies. While farmers are by dint of their reslience..


Demand, supply, price labour just a facade...


Albeit a network of Shylock

People would care less for forgotton rare talents


Agribelt is a starved sector under tremendous duress, frequent power fault & outage...


Remember our conversation, while helping him recall that heavy-duty dialogues... she continued

Poverty alleviation, Famine & Democracy are nothing but result of inbuilt corruption within Bureacratic and Political framework.


And so this the girl narrated

"This I proposed and challenged contradicting those awarded theories on democracy and famine alleviation of poverty in democracy... didn't end here the economist intrigued, called to say present it through economic model and if he liked I have a offer to join him as his research assistant in the States".


So...


OOh I see... thts wht I told you.. he said


AAhh the guy exclaimed with a prophecy

You aim to be abroad not in the village...

SSmart girll



Just a minute there's a call .... the guy said.



The song went... in public domain there it hit the chord went viral and so the call boomerang with offers to perform at national and international level.



She went offline before that ... shared due to covid network would be interrupted...


During lockdown 2 lives reconnected, recalled, shared thoughts frustation, bit of flirtatious talk but the girl remained in her element for reasons that side of private life was simply cut out for someone else. Lot reserved unlike him & she had yet to meet her imagination, still unknown to her.


Pandemic over but before that they gifted each other with a statement one day... someday

On the most beautiful day & moment in our life ...meet & shall wear gifts online-exchanged, a Saree & Shirt.


With increasing severity of contagious deadly covid, activities came to a halt including network, wifi the only means to stay connected with the world...


Both their worlds, his & hers were shut down too.


The deal was still there... opened but not yet fulfilled


That either and both had to do...


Unbelievable they reconnected after 4 months this time hardly anytime to talk long but yes definitely quite significant exchange of an information for both to share with each other...

The important good news


That the girl did make his talent go wild through viral due to which he was bombarded with offers from all the corners of the world, national & international.


While irony he gave her the economic model unlike as a fine refined nerd from Oxford or Harvard but simple farmer and singer...

that interestingly looked so promising and a challenge to the nobel laureates....


Time came quickly to share and she too updated ...


Lol both had to fly to the same land country for their first work post Covid

He at a major live show invited to perform and she was recruited in the team of the laureate.


Unbelievably true...


Magic he exchanged his day of performance not thinking that she would turn up while she thought a celebrity why would he remember her....


The big economist was by then was told abt this date he asked could if he join her too she couldnt believe oh God lovely such brilliant big person he himself wishes to come along too... to that he said he too wants to meet the real nobel laureate & seriously he further communicated to his office that no meeting should be arranged or coincide on that day of special musical performance that he was going out on a special date...


HHa haaa ...


There they both entered the gate...


Treatment like a Vvip she thought because of his stature the guard is so courteous but on the contrary it was because of the girl that this big economist was taken seriously....

She in beautiful pink georgette saree walked graciously with her mentor, they both stood taking care not to disturb the already seated audience


All heads turned around to see who waived at the celebrity artiste that he cared to notice and return with a big smile


By then the economist quickly put her hands down swiftly not to draw the audience unnecesary doubts.


People only could see two male exchanging acknowlwdged friendly hands waved across, not to invite unnecessary media crazy attention hovering over his special interest...

Back to the deal... He did sing her favourite Film song followed by round of applause claps ...


Show over ....


Both were silent now overwhelmed and not believing that actually it happened meeting in all glory & success after so many years and in between interesting exchange over video-calls


Suddenly he turned remorseful as he saw a young man approach the girl and the singer thought him to be her beau who was actually taking help of the economist to propose her

The economist by then could understand


Intelligent, he diverted distracted the path of that the guest


Just to leave both these long lost admirers alone together and cherish the moment


All over again they recalled those moments exchanges,

came over those thoughts, and reminder of each other..... DEAL


That upon the success she would visit his village and he would sing... her favourite number


He busted/erupted like dormant volcano why would you give up New York, Geneva & London for a small village ... guy a Fakir.



She ran to him and hold him around from behind crying, dont spoil my new shirt... I know she said, chose after hors of searching.


And I was waiting that you would invite me both started crying...

In b/w he took the end corner of the saree to wipe his tears not to show his remorseful face


Dont spoil my saree... I know chose from amongst many, he replied.


She kept his promise not only to attend his performance in his gifted saree but he performed in the same that gifted shirt and here with their deal signed out. 🤗🎉


Wait wait the laureate economist jokingly said that don't forget the office location may change but you cant take away my employee and least the Employer & Headquarter would change or move.


All three smiled and both lovingly hold on to each other ..


The Deal... fructified














October 08, 2020 03:12

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Sana MysticWorld
10:21 Oct 13, 2020

Hi. Readers thanx. Glad to read your views. Purpose is to keep improving. Best Wishes

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sana MysticWorld
04:29 Oct 08, 2020

Glad to read your views. Pls note it's a 1st hand draft (Fiction) so pls excuse error(s).

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.