" The No-Permission Party"

Submitted into Contest #93 in response to: Write your story about two characters tidying up after a party.... view prompt

0 comments

Creative Nonfiction

Right now, I'm about to say yes to something that I really might regret later. I'm Angela and I'm about to host a party in which my parents didn't say yes to. Yes? No? Maybe so? Uggh! I can't make up my mind. I would become so much more popular but if my parents found out... I would be in HUGE trouble.


" Do it! It would be SO much fun!" says Chloe excitedly. We were in the janitor's closet discussing the party.


" Ehh...maybe? It would probably be amazing but you could get in big trouble," says Amelia.


" Don't! It's a bad idea! What happens when your parents find out?" says Bailey shaking her head.


Way to makes things SO much easier! Thanks SO much besties! Now I can TOTALLY make up my mind with 3 besties who have different opinions. After a long thinking period, I decide to go with Chloe because I could do so many things once I become popular.


I tell everyone that we could do the party and they cheer. I send out the invites and they show up.


The party was SO much fun! You will not belive how great it was! we ate, danced, and had the most fun in our lives. It all went well until I recieved a text message from my parents.


I have GOT to hurry! My parents are going to be home any minute now and I haven't cleaned up yet. Ok calm breaths. Calm down Angela.


Right. Back to the problem. How could I clean it up fast enough?! Once they find out, they are going to ban me from all parties! Ahh! Most people had left already but some stayed behind, like my 3 besties.


I rushed to them, desperately asking for them to help me clean up.


" Help! My parents are gonna come home anytime now and the house is a mess!" I scream to them. They look a bit shocked.


" Calm down. It's ok! We'll help clean up!" said Bailey nodding to Chloe and Amelia.


" Thank goodness! You have no idea how much this will help me!" I say, my brain and stomach flooding with relief.


We all get to work cleaning up as fast as we could but it wasn't enough. With only four people to clean a big house in less than 10 minutes, it was almost impossible. When we were only halfway through, I heard a sound that made me freeze in terror. The sound of my garage opening.


Ahhh! I am totally freaking out right now! My parents are home and they would soon find out I had a party without permission! We finish putting away the things in our hands and my besties rush out the front door, leaving me alone and in trouble. I gulp, prepared to die as I hear the sound of the keys unlock the door as they step in. I stand right there staring as their blank faces as they examine the half-trashed house.


" Um hi?" I say to them nervously.


" Angelina Susan Garcia! What did you do to our house?!" shrieks my mom as my dad examines the house.


" I'm really sorry mom...I wanted to have a party but I knew you wouldn't let me but I decided to have it instead. I promise to clean up the mess and I will try to accept any punishment that you give me," I say hanging my head down, ashamed. But then they answer with an answer I did not expect.


" Oh Angela," says my dad. He walks towards me and he wraps me in a tight hug. " What you did was wrong but I want you to know that if you had just asked us, we would say yes. Your mom and I are still mad so you will be punished but you don't have to clean us this mess by yourselves. We'll help,"


I look up astonished. "Really?"


" Yes really," replies my mom. Together, we all clean up the mess but then I get sent to my room. I don't argue remembering that this was the least punishment they could do to me. Before I go, I smile down at them for being the best mom and dad I could ever imagine.


Yes, I was feeling like they were the BEST parents at that time but I tell you, being grounded is NO fun. Ever tried to live with no phone? No fun? No activities whatsoever? The only time I was let out of my room was for school and for when I ate. Oh, and the bathroom of course.


FINALLY, my grounding is done! It has been one month and my parents just came into my room to announce that I was officially un-grounded. I rush out of my room, grab my phone, and call my bffs to tell them I was coming over.


I come over and they scream, so excited to see me. I scream too, excited to see them. We rush in Bailey's house and we have so much fun. They catch me up on all the social media I have been missing out on. Finally, I go home getting ready to sleep happy about today.


I have a nightmare though. I was hosting a big party at my house again and we were all dancing with a disco and music was blasting through some speakers. Most of us were holding drinks. It looked like the whole school was invited and I was really popular. UNtil out of no where, my parents came bursting through the door (almost breaking it) and they yelled at everyone. Everyone quickly rushed out and I got 6 MONTHS OF GROUNDING.


I woke up with a jolt, sweating. I really hoped that, that it would never happen again. I really did not wish to have half a year grounded. I go back to sleep after a drink of water and this time I sleep perfectly. I remember my lesson from my parents and I remember to never, ever have a party without asking permission from my parents.

May 10, 2021 20:13

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.