0 comments

Desi Science Fiction

I was walking my dog by Goose Creek last Tuesday.   I needed to get some air.  The past day and a half was a scary and most out of character time for me.  While drinking down at the local watering hole, I was in a fight and, in my stupor, had knocked the owner Bo-bo out cold.  He fell, smacked his head so hard, he fell into a coma.  It was all so unnecessary, and I felt bad.  But from what everyone told me, he was talking some communism trash and kept getting in my face about it.  I was an American through and through, and did not like that kind of talk, but Bo-bo never shut up about it.  To top it off, he was running for state senate on this horseshit platform.  That wasn’t the worst part.  The fact was he was gaining momentum, and people were starting to believe his horseshit about how communism and its atheist doctrine was what was best for this country.  I grew up with Bo-bo.  We were altar boys together.  

So I bent down to gather up the doggy deposit,  and saw an old leather bound book.  I looked around to see if anyone had dropped it, but there wasn't a soul in sight. Noticing that it was pretty old, I opened the cover, and read the words "Diary of Fundamental, last week of December, the Final Days of Free Planet Earth."  Intrigued, I gathered up my animal and my new found book and headed home.

I settled in to my favorite couch, and read the first entry:

"Two Weeks from today, the planet, our home, the home to 10 billion people, is scheduled to be destroyed, for all intents and purposes.  And it's not from some meteor or atomic weapon or virus or tsunami.  But for greed and control.  The world is becoming a global episode of fear, for I swore to never live in.  So I must do what I know needs to be done.  And now, well now, the countdown has begun.  Let me inform anyone who is reading this, what the hell is going on"

     I kicked off my shoes and started to pour myself a tumbler of Irish whiskey.   I didn't remember ever reading this before.  But it seemed to have a good hook and it's a neat little way to provide the narrative in a diary form.  I took a nice sip and had that little shudder from the taste of the booze.  I shook it off and continued reading. 

     "We are all scheduled to meet via quantum internet at 5 pm.  The tribunal is going to set out some ground rules on how to proceed on the Last Day.  I personally don't see the point.  It's not like there is anything that we can do to avoid this."

    I was starting to ask some questions already.  This book appeared to be over 100 years old, but the narrator is talking about the internet, the quantum internet at that?  But I figured what the hell, I got nothing to do and all day to do it.  It continued:

     "Ever since the LHC in Switzerland melted down, scientists all over the world have been scrambling to put it back together.   I read a few months back where they had sixty four levels of  backup security systems in place to avoid that very scenario.   I mean, who knew the damned thing was powered by radioactive elements?  Well, it is."

  I must admit , my curiosity was piqued.   Clearly this was a new book made to look old.

    "Back to the tribunal.   What a mess.  The president of the US, AI Ginny, being the 1st AI leader in the freeworld, a Bohannon product.is earmarked to open the world meeting, followed by Oliver Wang of the UK and Horiomoto of China.  The whole kerfuffle is insane.  When the Journal Scientific, another Bohanon creation, released the probability of an Intelligence creating the universe as 99.99997 % improbable, all religion was banned globally as a business.  The spiritual people can still attend services or practice their faith, but it is looked upon as like a variety show, for entertainment purposes only as the saying goes.  Which makes this world conference call a joke."

   Now by this time, I was digging this book.  Some Brave New World theme, or Anthem, where the individual doesn't exist or matter.   So I continued reading.

     "The Journal Scientific had made several announcements as of late.  The first was the banning of religion, and by now, that was nothing more than lip service, as most of the population didn't really believe anyway.  The second was the unveiling of the junk DNA algorithm,  For many years, biogenetics had assumed that junk DNA was just that, junk, and that had no purpose other than to collect dust, after having been used in the past evolutions to get to this point in human history,  But quite by accident, a geneticist by the name of Milton, the child of Bohannon, had reconfigured the structure of this DNA and was essentially able to read it.  What he had found out was that the junk was really a cause and effect machine at the microscopic level.  Most people didn't understand all the math involved, but it boiled down to by mapping the junk DNA, Milton and his colleagues were able to, with near perfect accuracy, predict the behavior of human beings to within 1 “free decision” in a 2 billion.  Meaning, by reviewing an emotional and psychological quiz of any human subject, the Milton Algorithm could know the next move any given person would make in any given situation.  Had this information come out before the religious ban, there would have been severe backlash, but Milton knew that his algorithm had to be revealed after.  Once the free thinking spirit had been disproved, science, specifically his science which he called For Mathematics and Truth, the rest would be no more difficult than opening a gate, and leading the sheep to the water trough he wanted them to drink from.``

It continued.  “The Manifesto Of Selfishness,  was, is, a theory proposed by Bohannon, whose IQ was that of the common man.  His thought was that in the course of evolution, humans had funneled down their decision making process to 7 basic decisions.  He also theorized that the human mind was nothing more than a loop reexamining itself in billions of waves per second, but that there were really only these seven decisions to make:  Need to put one’s needs over others, need to possess wealth, need to eliminate the weak minded, need to identify those with values you must possess, need to multiply with whomever is best for the betterment of your gene line, need to bulk up on nutrients to ensure your survival and the need to rest and let those who are not intelligent enough to follow this evolution, serve those of us who are.  The author was brought up Catholic, but found his mind was wired for only one thing, pursuing straight facts, 2 plus 2 equals 4 logic.  Because of his numerous addictions, he had trouble communicating through conversation and niceties.  He would ramble and his thoughts were coalesced by an interpreter, a spin doctor really.  But through it all, he maintained that only through self loving reality can we truly know anything.”

    “Bohannon had stated at one point that in the future, there would only be mathematics and that one quantum particle would account for all the knowledge that any human being would ever need to know.” 

     "Milton met with Ginny yesterday evening.  Led by a team of robotic biological entities, the LHC was being recalibrated to defy what Milton called, 'the so-called mundane laws of physics.'  The formula of recalibration was +/- 7y times the square root of every third prime number >3, or some such nonsense, in  a delineated forward motion, would equal 64 possible combinations of results.   Milton used the Oracle of the I Ching as an example,  saying, and this is a quote, 'the ancient technique and technology of the I Ching, is as perfect a system for predictive morphology as was ever discovered.  Horiomoto replied that while true,  he stressed the importance of noting the inherent nature of programs to change, hence the name, the book of changes.   Oliver Wang also noted the necessity of these changes,  but that the system is  still a closed  one."

    I now found myself reading more intently at this strange old looking book in my hands.  For it was only 2 years ago, that a pandemic panic swept through the planet, driving the world's population to acting as if they were part of an experiment where the ordinary people are strung unlike marionettes, and made to dance simply by disseminating misinformation,  leaked in a methodical way, as to seem to make sense.   The world leaders essentially needed to know and measure the way people would respond if given a certain number of facts and half truths, and then suggested, much in the same way as a hypnotist would, to follow a pattern of  behavior that in itself was innocuous,  but served to methodically match them, us, off any cliff we were lead to.   The numbers were solid, the pandemic was nothing more than an exercise in how a strong rhinovirus could be presented in such a way as to lead to a controlled panic.  My narrator of the diary I was reading was about to unveil what can only be termed as a bombshell.

    "For the record, my name is Fundamental.  I have no actual name, for to have one is to be tracked and ground up in the gears of the oligarchical machine.  So call me Fundamental.  I know what I know, but more importantly,  I know what they know.  Their critical mistake was when Milton explained quantum reality for the common man.  According to Milton, the quantum field is a field of infinite possibilities BUT, and this is the important part, it can be manipulated.   So to create a quantum reality,  where you control the seeding of the information therein, you can then control the physical laws of how facts are created.  Milton said, 'through the manipulation of reality and the dissemination of this information,  what we are essentially doing is imprinting the dormant or junk DNA with post hypnotic suggestions objectively,  but subjectively is as real to the observer as the knowledge of  2 plus 2 equaling four.'  Milton went on to say, 'through the course change of the macro world vis a vis the Large Hadron Collider, the alternate universe created,  can now be seeded with the reality of guided information into the collective subconscious  with the same ease as sitting down at a laptop and rewriting program code.' "

“What the tribunal is trying to do is take away the freewill of human beings.  Milton being fully human, is at the forefront of this.  Of course he has Ginny and Horiomoto backing him, as they are strictly nonhuman bots.  I am livid.  Milton thinks he can remove freewill from the equation, well that ain’t gonna happen.  All I need is access to the LHC backlog, its programming, and I’ll put that giant killing machine into a loop it will never return from, and stop this once and for all.  Since the end of the pandemic of 2020, security is too difficult,  I need to get this message to the right person, not some bot, but a real person, and get them to alter the programming of the boot of the LHC, and before the pandemic starts and cuts off everyone’s freedom.”

What the hell was Fundamental talking about?  He is living in a universe not temporally parallel to himself.  Is there some time travel involved here?  Is this even at all real, or is it just a writing gimmick?  What I did know for sure, is that the pandemic year of 2020 was unlike anything I had ever witnessed or read about.  If you recall, the year started with a near global war and slowly morphed into a government created panic over what turned out to be just a really bad upper respiratory infection.  But through the use the media and propaganda, the leader of the free world shut down the whole country, then the whole rest of the planet followed suit,  It wasn't until a little later that some people figured out the real reasoning behind it:  the economy could not support the over 65 age group, and needed to eliminate them in a very underhanded, but scientific way.  The solution was this rhinovirus that was nearly 100% not dangerous at all, except to those over the age of 65.  For the elderly, it was very dangerous and very frightening.  The government had covered their tracks by instituting policies of wearing protective face coverings, and mandating curfews.  These were all just red herrings.  They even passed a bill that sent money to the citizenship, money they didn't have any backing for, but claimed they did.  The facts boiled down to this: by the world economy exterminating the elderly, trillions and trillions of dollars would be saved by not having to care for them, whether by social security, pension or healthcare.  The world agreed, and so the pandemic was created, the old killed off, and the money they saved backed the stimulus cash they spent.  Of course a few hundred thousand people lost their businesses due to the curfews.  But the reasoning was, the cream rises to the top, and they would get back on their feet in time.  It was all part of the plan to remove freedom from the human race, and eventually from the dictionary.  These were all theories of course.  That is until now.  With Bohannon part of every social media platform, and fascism being paraded around with the mask of democratic socialism, the table had been set.  Now to read the words of Fundamental, as his journal unfolds to this very conspiracy, I shuddered.

     "With less than ten days now, it is imperative that this information makes it to the past.  That some brave individuals take the necessary risks and reconfigure the LHC program.   Milton studied the work of Bohannon, back in 2021.  Here the world sits 35 years later, all of us titrated and calibrated to have no God, no love and no faith.  Bohannon started this mess with her formula for predictive behavior by means of reinductive reality.  She was the one who stopped time and emptied the freewill from our brains like a nurse drawing blood.  Without her final solution broadcasted to the world,  there is no Milton.  There is no Ginny.  There is no Horimoto, no Wang.  What the world needs is a second chance, a chance to to set it back to the correct way of life.  A life of freewill, freedom of religion and freedom of speech.  What the world needs is a world without Bohannon, so that we wouldn’t be in the predicament we are in.  There is but one way to do this. To ensure we don’t end up in this sorry way of life, we need to produce a hero.  We need a hero that goes back to the days before that damned pandemic, and all its hidden agendas.  We need someone to put the ball in motion that stops this from happening.  We need a shadow of the future, placed in the past.  Someone who will recognize the bullshit before it starts, and put a stop to it.”

The journal ended here, without any further entries.  But now I sit here, drink in hand, with a hangover from last night’s brawl with Bo-bo.  I am facing charges, though I think I can beat it with a good lawyer, someone with no conscience, like all great lawyers are.  What the hell kind of future is this journal speaking of?  Is there anyway to avoid this?  I swear by God, that I will stop it if I can.  If any circumstance presents itself, and I recognize it, I will do whatever it takes to stop it from happening.  What a strange book.  No one on earth would probably read into this way but me.  Hey, but that’s my point of view, and my free choice.

December 17, 2020 18:41

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.