4 comments

Adventure Fiction Friendship

“Subash! Subash!, Shall we go for a hill trip on Saturday ?” asked Suriya. “Yes! for sure” replied Subhash. They started their journey on Friday evening on 20th August. They have always enjoyed travelling. Long drive in two wheeler was always their dream since their childhood. They both have been very close friends from the days they remember. While they travelled through the hilly road, all of a sudden, a bird falls on the shoulder of Suriya. They stopped the bike and Suriya took the bird on his hand. Suriya was really shocked by the incident. He didn’t know what to do, Subash thought that the bird was dead and said, “ oh! poor bird, come lets bury it!”

“Stop talking nonsense!! I can feel its heartbeat!” scolded Suriya. 

“Oh! Sorry, bro, I didn’t know” said Subash, he was shocked to see the bird surviving the fall. “Stop talking, hurry up we must save the bird, go get some water!” screamed Suriya. “ok bro,” replied Subash. He saw a lake nearby, Since there was no water in the water bottle, he went to get some. They slowly poured the water in the birds mouth. The bird slowly drank the water. The bird opened its eyes. Suriya witnessed the true beauty of the bird now, it was a beautiful humming bird. After regaining some strength the humming bird flew up into the beautiful blue sky covered with shining clouds. Surya and Subash so the real beauty and calming nature of the bird. After looking at the peaceful sight. They started their journey. After few minutes Suriya felt something sitting on his shoulder. Looking towards his side his saw the humming bird, the same one which he saved just now.

“Thank you so much, thank you so much, thank you so much” said the humming bird. Suriya was really astonished to find the bird talking. Subash stopped the vehicle in an abrupt manner. “May I know your names, please?” asked the humming bird. Surya didn't know how to answer the bird. Subash says, “oh my god! oh my god! The bird talks! Am I in my dream world, no, no, no, it can’t be, dude, the bird talks!”. 

“O human, I do talk!, Now please tell me your names.” the humming bird said. Suriya was feeling amazing hearing the musical voice of the humming bird. “bro,! Look, look, look,” said Subash. “Shut up man!, Hi bird! myself is Suriya and this is my buddy Subash!, Tell me, how is it that you talk?” asked Surya. “If you humans ‘an animal' can talk, why can't we ” replied the humming bird. He was so happy and at the same time astonished by the words of the bird. He was very much interested to have a conversation with it. Even the bird was readily interested in talking with Suriya. Subash and Surya started their trip and the bird sat on Surya's shoulder. The bird started to speak about its origin and also about its routine of migration from the other country. Every year during the winter it crosses miles of kilometres to reach the beautiful country. The country has all sorts of natural resources. But this year the bird came to the southern part of the country, but it noticed that the trees were cut down to build up the different road ways. And the mountains were broken down by the greedy men. When it went to drink the water it was polluted with the waste water from the chemical factories. The bird screamed in the air, “the main motive of the men and women is money and money and money!!!”. Suriya and Subash were listening very keenly to the talk of humming bird. The bird continued saying that the people just try to show off, as if they are concerned about nature but they never ever has given least attention to it. Pasting scenery pictures and planting indoor plants are not the appropriate way to conserve nature. People painting plants inside the house just to make their homes beautiful but not for the sake of the birds. Human say that they are doing their best in conserving the nature but in reality they are destroying even what is left. Then the bird said that he started to fly to the Northern part of the country where he found that the millionaires are making money out of 4G, 5G networks but in the process, killing fellow human beings and birds.

Subash and Suriya was really shocked to hear the testimony of the little bird. The little bird said that, “ if one of the human being truly start caring for the nature automatically fellow human beings will join them!” after saying these words the bird flew off.

Subash stopped the bike. They both got down and started discussing about what the bird has said. The birds last words was like a torch light in a dark room. After reaching home, they put on so much effort and researched about what the bird said and found that it was all true. 

  The birds words changed the life of Subash and Suriya. They decided to be the one human being who truly dedicated their life in serving the nature. To their luck the place where they work gave them their full support. Both the friends join together and cleaned the each and every corner of their village. Looking at their true spirit young souls joined them. Their group increased day by day. People started calling them Jawan! Jawan!. They named the group “Jawans” and started to save every trees and plants, every beautiful places on this mother planet. The Jawans where like a forest fire. There’s fame and simplicity reached the ends of the world. They went to different parts of the country and made every village, cities, towns, districts and States beautiful. The nature got healed. From the beautiful country. The group was made official. Those who go against the rules made by ‘Jawans’ would be punished severely. Central government has given full authority to the Jawans. Jawans went to different parts of the world and started to clean up every country and made the entire Universe a beautiful one and saved the nature!!!

October 17, 2020 03:08

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

Monica D
21:55 Nov 08, 2020

I loved this story about the humming bird and his words because it changed how Suriya and Subash thought of nature.

Reply

JERLIN FLOWER
03:35 Nov 21, 2020

Thank you so much for your valuable comments.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Ari .
05:36 Oct 22, 2020

Interesting concept. Just keep in mind that every piece of dialogue should have their own line, and paragraph breaks occur whenever there’s a shift in focus (whenever the ‘camera’ moves).

Reply

JERLIN FLOWER
05:50 Oct 23, 2020

Thank you for your comments.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.