My Summer Vacation

Submitted into Contest #99 in response to: Write a story about characters going on a summer road trip.... view prompt

0 comments

Coming of Age Friendship Kids

It was a beautiful afternoon when all the sudden my family decided to go on a Vacation somewhere beautiful and fun.And I decided to asked my parents and sibilings if it was alright to have my best friend come along,they said as long as theyre parents dont mind her going with us.And also my parents are amazing with all sorts of children of all ages and because one of my parents is a teacher at her school,which is so cool,So we all decided to set off on our Vacation and as were going down the highway in our big SUV we noticed lots of beautiful scenery big cool mountains and lakes and lots of trees.So my mom asked us all if we would like to sing along to a song as we were going down the highway.So when mom sang we all sang along with her,which was loads of fun even dad sang along to with us.Then we made our first stop at a gas station so that we all can take a washroom break and get gas and snacks.My best friend and I talked about doing things adult things when we both come of age,and I laughed because I said I dont want to grow up that fast.and that I want to stay young a little bit longer.My best friend said when she comes of age she wants to be a doctor so that she can help fix people and help heal them,And I said to her that I want to be a Vetarinarian when I come of age.Because I love animals and I want to take care of them and help heal them.Then we went were back on the road again after filling up the gas tank and going to the washroom and getting some snacks for the road.It started to get a little dark so we all fell asleep until we got to where we are going.We made one more stop and that was when we arrived at our distination and that was in Vancouver BC. Were all happy that we made it,so we got our luggage from the trunk of the SUV and went to our hotel rooms.And got some rest until the next day we all went out exploring the place after breakfast.We all had a time of lives checking everything out taking pictures of the beautiful scenery and looking at the beautiful Rocky Mountains in the midst and then dad and mom said lets all go to the Vancouver Zoo.So we all got into the vehicle and headed off to the ZOO. We all had a blast looking at all the different animals.Especially the crazy looking Monkeys hanging off there tree, They were fun to watch.Then we all headed back to our hotel rooms to get some rest for the next day.Then dad said lets go hiking and we all agreed to go,so we all went.That was hard because we all had to climb the high rocky mountains very carefully.Dad had beat us all to the top and we all laughed.Because of his age we thought dad would take forever climbing.Then we made it at the top of the mountains, and looked around everything looks so cool from the top of the mountans.Then we all decided to climb back down the mountains and head back to our hotel rooms,to rest again.Then mom and dad said that we are going to head back home in the morning so we all should get rested up to leave.When it was time to leave my best friend started to cry and I asked why is she crying she said she never had so much like this before being on a Vacation,so we all hugged her and said that were all happy that she came along with us.Once were all back home,my friend shared her story with her class on the wonderful vacation she had with our family.It was an amazing story she shared and I was so happy for her.It was Best Vacation Ever.My family said all together that we should go on another vacation somewhere exciting like Disney Land because we all deserve to have fun in our lives and to enjoy ourselves while we are still here on this earth.Since we arent meant to live forever,Vacations with familys should be the best times to spend together because everyone should have a good time spending it with those you love and those who you share your life with.I know I have a wonderful family and friends in my life that I love sharing everything with them.Because I know they love me back just the same.And by all of us coming of age in life we all experience things differently in every acts of life,that we face everyday.And as we age things change for the better of us and our memories start to fade if we dont hang on to those memories.Thats why we all should cherish every moment in our lives and take it easy as we move on.Like families they will always be there unless someone has passed on to the Spirit World because of an illness or an accident which is sad to say but its true.Thats why I love staying close to my family they will always be there when ever I need them to be and they will never let me down or hurt me in anyway.Thats because they care and love me unconditionally and thats all that matters to me.Thats why families are always together sharing there lives amongs one another making one another happy and doing anything for each other.Like my family we always take care of each other and try not to ever hurt one another in any way possible,because families never forget things that we do to each other,and they carry that with them for the rest of theyre lives.All families are different in so many ways by culture or spirituality or by nationality.Thats why families mean so much to so many people without our families I am sure we would all be lost without them in our lives.So thats why we need them there to help guide us and to help us get through our lives to be a better person and to move on to share what we learned in life and so that person can be themselves.With Guidience and hope and with faith to make there lives a better place.

June 19, 2021 04:57

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.