9 Steps to Get Out of a Car Kidnapping.

Written in response to: Set your entire story in a car.... view prompt

0 comments

Thriller Teens & Young Adult Crime

I was driving down Sunset Street and I was so full of my mother's vegatarian lasagna and was already thinking of getting extra cozy in my small bed.

Abruptly, I saw a pair of headlights in the rear view mirror, I usually brush it off as another person trying to get home too. But, after I made a few turns it was still behind me.

I was starting to feel anxious, it seemed like that car was following me. To make sure that it was, I made a few more turns and roundabouts.

It was still behind me.

That's fixed. I have a follower behind me. Great. I'm in trouble when a few minutes ago I was singing along to Grace Vaandeerwaal's "I Don't Know My Name".

Now, here's a fun fact about me, I always have specified game plans for emergencies like this. So now I just need to open the "CAR SOS PLANS" file in my brain and think. Think. Think.

First, grab then open a pocket knife that I keep in my bag.

Second, take my wallet out of my bag and keep it in a secret safe in my seat. then cover it back up. I use a disguise of scratching my thigh.

Third, go to Mcdonald's Drive Thru and order cubed ice. Then while waiting in the pick-up line, I set my phone ready to call 911 and my mom and put it in the cozy phone compartment that was hitched on to the side of the drivers wheel a few months ago. All I did while acting like I was scrolling.

Fourth, open Instagram just to play the game, in case my tail has binoculars. Open random accounts and start scrolling.

Fifth, pick up my order and ask for a cup.

Sixth, pour the ice in the cup then close the cup.

Seventh, lock the doors, thank god there is central lock.

Eighth, grab my waterproof seat cover then put it over my seat. Again, under the pretense of scratching my thigh.

Ninth, drive away and away to a not too crowded place. Then, wait and park.

Now, let's make our move, but we have to wait until they start.

I open my phone and start to "scroll" while pretending to sip my ice water.

knock knock

My face turned pale, I didn't see it, I felt it.

Here we go.. this must be done again to provoke fear.

knock knock I knew it. It's done again.

I carefully switch my phone to easy lock and set it for calling 911 with one hand. Then I opened the door with another.

ROBBER POV:

The door unlocked nice and easy, but when I saw it, no one was there.

My first thought was: "WHAT? where did she go?"

MY POV:

I went under my seat, into a secret compartment I built myself. I poured the cold melted water from the ice onto my seat it's invisible now.

I waited for his reaction while recording, using my small GoPro then texted the police. I will use the recording as evidence to the police.

ROBBER POV:

I sat down on the driver's seat then immediately jumped up again. GOD THAT'S COLD I realized that my victim poured ice water on the seat. Oh well, she's smart, I am too.

MY POV:

I open my pocket knife very slowly, I know the police are on the way, now all I need to do is stall the time until the police can handle him. I heard the way he jumped up. Yes. The ice trap worked.

ROBBER POV:

I saw the pink seat cover then realized that it was there to keep the seat dry. This is a tough one. I took it off then threw it out the got on the seat and drove.

MY POV:

I got my location on and then sent it to the police, good thing I have a gps tracker in my car that connects to my phone. This way, the police can track me and follow me.

I stabbed my robber's feet and he screamed out loud and screeched the brakes. The blood spurted everywhere including my face, I panicked a little but then remembered to stay calm so I went back to being calm then I carefully wrapped his legs with a woolly cloth from my first-aid-kit to help disninfecting then I sprayed alcohol (also from my kit) on the wound covered with the cloth. He fainted right after that. His head bumped on the wheel and started to bleed a little, sprayed it with some alcohol then wrapped it in another cloth.

Mission complete.

He was going to be stupefied for a while and while he was doing that I will call the police.

-FAST FORWARD 30 MINUTES LATER-

The police came and arrested him on the spot, then the head officer congratulated me on how prepared I was and how amazingly fast I reacted, all with a calm mind and preparations ready. He said that being calm is the first priority in an emergency, because by being calm we are able to be focused on doing the most important things including saving ourselves, that's why we have to stay calm.

He also said that it was a good idea to disinfect and acknowledged how kind I have been, even though it was a guy who tried to rob me.

He said that my robber had been checked and supported then brought to the prison using an ambulance.

After the police intel scanned his face and matched it, it was plain that the robber was actually John Sutton! My Janitor at school! Goodness he must've been spying for a long time on me to catch me almost off guard. I've maybe learned my lesson: never post car plate numbers..

The most important lesson is to keep calm and always have a plan in mind.

This story is entirely made up, and entirely for entertainment purposes and warning for all teens out there. Be careful of what you post on social media, and share on the internet.

Thank you all so much for reading, and thanks Youtube for the inspiration!

July 31, 2023 01:00

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.