0 comments

General

Dear Journal

 Today is finally the day that I have been waiting for months. Im finally going to New York I have been anticipating this trip for months. I have been there before as a kid but I don’t think I really appreciated the moment. I was 13-14 years old plus I was only their for about a day and half with my classmates. It was a dream come true then and when I left their that day there is no doubt in my mind that I was going to be back. Ive seen time square on television and movies like most people but being their in person is a completely different experience. Its almost like you are living within a movie when you are standing in the middle of time square. Im going with my mom who has never been their herself and has asked me what I wanted to visit.

Dear Journal

Its day 1 we just arrived at our Hotel and we are probably going to rest for a little bit and then go to time square.Its a nice hotel but to me it didn’t and doesn’t matter how nice the hotel is. People don’t realize that time square is more than just a bunch of lit of tv screens. There are restaurants and stores their. If my memory is correct I think me and my classmates went to the Coca-Cola store and tried cokes from different countries. I don’t remember much because its been a while since Ive been their but I do remember feeling squished because of the amount of people that were in time-square and in the Coca-Cola store. I think that we probably are going to visit that same store I also went to see a broadway show which I’ve already mentioned to my mom and we are most likely going to go their as well. Right now its about 10:00 am we are in our hotel getting ready to go out and visit tourist sites. Im almost sure that my mom is going to want to take a lot of pictures no matter where we go. Now its 10pm we just got back to our hotel. We are both really tired from the day because of all the walking we did. We did go to time square which was a very cool experience. We probably are going to go their everyday we are here. I don’t think that no matter how many times people are in time in square you will ever get use to seeing time square lighten up at night. We went to go to see their statue of liberty as well. Two things people don’t know is that it is on an island and you can actually go inside the statue. We just took a ferry ride to the island itself and just appreciated its beauty from the outside. That was another cool experience as well because its another thing that you see on television and in movies. Im probably going to go to stay up a little longer just watching tv. 


Dear Journal 

Its day 2 we got up a little earlier today to go out for breakfast and to see more stuff. We probably are going to go see a broadway show but Im not sure at what time. We are probably going to see the lion king. Other than that Im not sure what else we are going to do. My last trip here we did have a lunch at a deli which is something that I might suggest to my mom we do. My mom is more than likely going to ask someone where else is a good place to visit. When I was here last, the show I watched was a comedy. My memory isn’t too great about what it was about other than that the show involved a family. That was a pretty cool thing to experience even tho I haven’t been to that many plays other than school plays.Now its about 11:00pm we did ask what else we should visit. One of the things that we took a picture in front of was the empire state building. This entire city now that I think about is very surreal to be in. There is a lot of historical landmarks to visit that I only had seen in movies. When we see ourselves in pictures its looks like we photoshopped ourselves in the pictures just because never in a million would we have thought we would be able to visit. Their was a lot of people in the broadway theater as expected since New York is a place that a lot of people want to visit. We did end up seeing the lion king which is a completely different experience seeing it as a play rather than in a movie.We did go inside the empire state building but only on the first floor. Im not sure if we could go to the top floor we never asked in fact I never thought of asking.


Dear Journal 

It is Day 3 of our New York trip so far its been fun. The hotel we chose to stay at is petty big. I was surprised at how big the building was when we initially saw it. It is in a rough part of town, in fact last night we heard gun shots. It was the first time I heard gun shots that weren’t on a T.V show. They sounded pretty far from our hotel but it was still pretty scary to hear for me and my mom. It has me and my mom a little spooked but we aren’t going to let that ruin our trip since we probably aren't going to comeback for a while if we do comeback. It is the morning right now we still haven’t decided what we want to visit. It is the summer and it is hot outside so we might decide to just stay at the hotel for most of the day. One thing that Ive always wanted to visit is Yankee stadium Im not Yankees fan but at the same time Im a huge sports nerd. Thats one place where we might go, who knows we might even go to a game even though it wasn’t in the initial plans. We did end up going out because we were too bored. We did go visit Yankee stadium but we didn’t go to a game because the tickets were too expensive. It was still a really cool thing to see in person. Ive only ever seen the stadium on tv We did take a whole lot of pictures because the sports nerd me was really happy to be their. We went out today and saw most of the game at a restaurant that we went to. I don’t remember the name of the restaurant off the top of my head but it was really good. All I remember is that it was a pizza place People in this city are crazy sports fanatic. 



Dear Journal

Today is our last day where we can actually visit tourist sites because tomorrow we have an early flight. Right now its about 12pm we are taking it easy today for the most part because we are tired and the for the most part I think that we are done visiting tourist sites. The only ting that we are going to visit today is Central Park. We are more than likely going to go to a deli to pick something up to eat their and then have lunch at the park.The last time I was here I wasn’t able to visit Central Park. Im really looking forward to visitant it since I wasn’t able to visit last time. We just got back from visiting central park.Now we are going to go to bed because we have to get up early for the flight. 


April 08, 2020 21:02

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.