0 comments

Christian Friendship Inspirational

Some days seem like they will never end.

New possibilities.

Old hurts.


Cling.

Clingons.

Cling

Clingons.


Shake it off.

Deep breaths.

Do not work.


The same old picture, pictures return to the mind’s eye in the blink of an eye. Stopping us in our tracks. Snow capped tracks. Leaving behind ragged footsteps of dis array leading no body anywhere good. Or helpful.


Knee capped.

Again. By our own thoughts, words and actions.

Oftentimes.

We do it to ourselves.

Other times.

We do not.


Because it sticks, it is sticky, like glue.

Why is it.

The negative usually lasts longer than the positive?


Which is better? Best?

Who is better? Best?

As the dominoes begin to fall on top of one another.

It all comes down to.

Protection.

Who has your back?

Whose back do you have?


Reciprocity is a gift that keeps on giving.

In the best of circumstances.

In the worst of circumstances.


That can be both good and bad.😳😡☺️😤

How will we know?

How can we tell when it happens?

Good question.

The better answer is rather than cast the first stone, pot calling the kettle black, residing in the never ending glass house.

Just,

Reach out.

Do something.

Duty is ours.

The results are Gods.

(JQ Adams)


The slate is clean?

Time will tell.

It usually does.

New beginnings.

His mercies are new everyday.

Mistakes come along for the ride to remind us of what not to do.

The do overs that harm, not help.

Simple. But. Not. Easy.


Varying degrees of temperature fluctuations exist.

Like the beauty and crispness of the first snowfall of the season. A reminder to us that problems and solutions are


Seasonal😃🙏🏻.

He is not. Seasonal.

He is ever present all year long. He especially likes that we take the extra time this time of year to remember giving of ourselves to one another.


They don’t call it the season of giving for nothing!


Transformational, it can be.

Life changing it can become.

How?

A smile.

A hand.

A hug.

A card.

A toy.

A friendship.


Founded on a belief system that challenges one another to step it up for one another.


There are no rules.

Just do something.

The beauty.

Goodness.

Endless possibilities of goodness.

Never get too comfortable…….

Lest we drop the ball.


All persons are capable.

Of goodness.


The amusement of the day comes in the form of thinking we can snow another. The ultimate examination of our own hearts is sometimes the hardest work we can do. Without being “judgey” of ourselves and/or others.


The conscience is a powerful, powerful motivator in all things good and bad🥸🤓🤔🥂. It is always a good idea to wait before hitting out, hitting send. However, that isn’t always the case, with the excitement of this season and all driving the apple cart, the apple carts.


True Christianity makes no allowance for looking down on others. (9/26/10)


Over looking one’s own faults? The endless results may be: blindness, ignorance, hypocritical thoughts, self righteous judging—may come in the form of seeing the faults, failures and sins of others.


And in giving ourselves,

A Free Pass.

Not seeing the ones in ourselves.

Using any means at our fingertips, to get ahead….


Misgivings.

Many forms exist.

It is prudent to know the difference.


Forget about flattery. Jerome (Psalm 69:4) has a handle on this form of misgiving: “There is nothing that so easily corrupts the minds of men as flattery.”Let them be turned and blush for shame.” “The tongue of flattery does more damage than the sword of the persecutor.”


Therefore, flattery is a very serious sin.

IE. Bowing down before the wrong being.

Without words… makes no difference.

He is always watching…….🙏🏻


True and faithful servants know the ropes.

They will, of course, not judge. They also will not accept that which is


“Snowed in.” Like boxed in a corner kind of snowed in.

Flattery will get you

No where.

He knows.

When we try to deceive someone with charming, persuasive talk. Overwhelm, surround, cover, imprison, talk a lot.


He will get you,

Everywhere.

If you choose to follow in His footsteps.

For real.

Bonafide.

He allows a bit of fear to guide you, but only for the right reasons….He does not judge the reasons.He already knows them all.

He knows all the excuses, too.


He guides with a gentle heart and a sound mind.

He does not intimidate in any way, shape, or form.


Reminder:

If it snows. Snow falls from the sky.🙏🏻


If you have more than you can deal with, perhaps you are snottily behaving poorly toward another. Stay alert this season of giving…….

The rush of the holiday season can be the ultimate head rush😵‍💫🤕🫨and overwhelm. In a heartbeat. Justice left by the wayside…..


Lady Justice is blind. (Ct) She is unbiased. Does not base justice in one’s appearance. Or other outside influences. Objective. Impartial. He teaches us, as well, in his divine way.


To not judge.

A book by its cover.

A person by their looks.


”The one thing you can’t take away from me is the way I choose to respond to what you do to me. The last of one’s freedoms is to choose one’s attitude in any given circumstance.” (Vicktor E. frankl)


The ultimate wake up call is the one we call on ourselves.


Personal Responsibility.Self-governance. Structure demands behavior. Routine is comfortable. Self-governance takes our selves to a deeper level of His understanding. My boundries may be very different from yours.


Respect is the cornerstone of the bonafide crossing over to the other side.


Throwing dollars and cents may get one in the door. It makes very little sense if the conscience is too far behind. Constantly playing catch up is the lesson of futility that melts the snowman is seconds.


Not worth it.

Hurts another.

Never worth it.


Structure demands behavior.

We must demand of ourselves what we expect of others.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you?

Makes perfect sense.



The possibilities are positively endless!🙏🏻🫨










December 05, 2023 17:41

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.