newsflash fairies are real and magic secret societies

Submitted into Contest #55 in response to: Write a story about a meeting of a secret society.... view prompt

0 comments

Mystery

She came to a large chamber room then her sister wings came forth she really was a fairy its a well known fact that in elementary school she pretended to be a fairy for two days then apologised suddenly lilybeth turned her head and I was spotted then I ran as two fairy guards grabbed my arms and dragged me inside I was surprised I thought this curiosity was over then they through me off a ledge without warning and it turned out I was a fairy two. I must have gone through a portal because I found myself in my secret society's spare room. 

I went to the ground because I realized there were tours today and suddenly I had gaps in my memory. I thought I just have to get out of here before a tour starts suddenly the doors burst open and I was introduced as a fellow alumni that wasn't so bad I checked the time and I walked home careful not to miss family diner only to find this is the one time I didn’t have to go.I thought to myself this is weird why didn't I make any plans. 

Suddenly I heard a tapping by the window. I opened the window and saw no one was there. Then I realized there was a small fairy in my room. My name is Alexander. I am your guide only rule is you being a fairy is secret and your sister is also a fairy no telling that to anyone. 

One day I decided I’d like an office to write in. I decided to go down to the basement. I walked in on a rabbit hooked up to an I.V draining the rabbit of blood. I decided to turn on the lamp just in case my eyes were deceiving me. I stared at the rabbit. I decided to wander around and I found a brewery for wine and shelves and shelves of wine. Today I texted lilybeth to come over for a family dinner and told mom and dad that lilybeth was coming over. It was family dinner and I bluntly said since when are you two vampires. For a while they replied. And when you die so will you. Were both your biological parents we were both cursed so we were in a coma from an enemy that's gone now not dead but gone. The dragon that you thought was your father is your uncle. 

We were driving to Louisiana but someone put up screens that changed the appearance of where you were going and we ran into a tree swerving to avoid a deer 1 block from our enemies house. I guess they saw us. We were going to Louisiana to go to Albasha. They have great fried cheese there and fish. We’ve been to Albasha. They make rat lamb and cows blood sauce to put on the fish of the day. Have you ever been there? Yes we both liked the fish of the day. 

Two days later, it was Friday. On duel day, all regular lessons are canceled every time there's a duel. This time it's my sister versus her nemesis, Julia. The duel started. Flash forward to the end, one of lilybeths wings was broken in pieces. Unfortunately no one knows if they'll grow back. Beep flatline. Then she came back as a vampire. Their parents had a cold water bottle full of fruit punch blood for her. 

One month later, the damaged part of her wing grew back and I learned how to stop people from drug addictions. Suddenly something was different: There were giant bloodthirsty rats everywhere outside. I told Annabelle’s parents. They said to follow us so we did. We found a secret basement full of weapons, and they said choose one. There's only one way to stop an apocalypse; head on. So we went outside to the roof because we decided that would be safer from the bloodthirsty giant rats. 

We spent days that spanned two weeks to months shooting and throwing grenades. We have two secret basements, one for weapons and one for food. One day it was safe to go out. We went to the grocery store and found a survivor that said we would still pay so we did. That was the end of the apocalypse. 

Apparently the apocalypse was widespread. There's about a small town's worth of government left. There's enough people to legally host medical school so Annabelle and Lilybeth relocated and everyone near a hospital got certified as doctors and found tons of injured patients. 

We even got to meet a mentor our age famous for working with law enforcement to stop armed robberies and diffuse bombs. We slowly became great friends. We met at laser tag. We already had a game when the queen wandered in. 

Another activity is treasure finding. Someone knows where the treasure is but thinks it's two dangerous to find sent out seekers. I'm a seeker.  I have a flashlight that reveals microscopic messages. It saves lots of time. I’ll tell you about my first mission alone. I remembered seeing that S at a bakery that charged money you could sleep on the benches there were blinds I put them up and slept most of the night then I decided to look for secret passageways I suddenly realized how dangerous this and grabbed a hold of a candle stick holder suddenly just after I regained my balance I saw a secret elevator so I went inside and found the treasure and split the treasure with the person who gave me a hint. 

What most people don't know is due to arg a criminal empire and spies infiltrating there were no casualties but the entire los angeles was burnt down. 

Today was a day I thought would be normal then when I was metal detecting I found tapes for something called mineral magic the making and manipulation of minerals in a big openable box. Of course I shared with the fairy group and they were thrilled they thought a curse prevented them to be fairies so they were not told until lilybeth went to the hospital but when our parents went skydiving at first they were afraid of falling then their wings appeared. 

What we did is make tons of gold and diamonds and sold it to make money. They even put off classes until they ran out of money so there was major income inequality. There was another problem. It seems the rising fiery ashes released something because yesterday the wolves tried to kill me. I used mineral magic to trap them in boxes. Luckily I studied the logistics unlike mostly everyone else who just studied how to make gold and diamonds. When I mentioned this to lilybeth she said when she died and when she put it into blender a 3d animation site things got even weirder those were the same wolves saw and even stranger there were other people with wings if my theory is correct there valkyries and i'm a norse god or greek god. Suddenly in the distance a giant wolf loki's son leaped up when I was sleeping. I grabbed a sharp sword  impaling the wolf but the paw knocked me out and we both died. Then I found a valkyrie flying me to valhalla. That was ragnarok. I found an extremely good afterlife. It's time to meet my friends odin, fray, freya,erik,john all heroes. On my first day I was paranoid and brought a sword and armor on my first day. I had battle. It was free for all without groups I lost. I lasted 5 minutes. I'm going to tell you a story on my first day I was touring I walked up to a vending machine at the valkyries suggestion and found the vending machine was talking to me and wanted me to explain where it was I honestly thought I just got to this amazing place 

“ im aing and not the one from the tv show.”

“I was a language teacher in high school. I know four lagedges old norse, german spanish, english. I guess you are wondering how I ended up here. I traced back using rune magic ice giants who pillage the village. I became a warrior. I left my after life once I heard the news. I trained non stop in my after life but I had captured two of the frost giants responsible and got them in a jail in asgard. Then I went to imprison the third and I died.

“ ok cool.”

“Talk later my valkyries waiting”

            “bye”

Can you remember this spot she said yes then said I'm not even going to ask why I could tell she was tempted to roll her eyes but she didn't.

and I'm already losing it. I whispered to you in Valhalla what my valkyrie failed to mention is the unique properties of the vending machines. Suddenly I thought if this is vallhada and this place is magical I could not be losing it. We reached the end of the tour and the valkyrie said today's my first day. That explained the vending machine thing. Vending machines in Vallahada catch souls and they talk though the typer on the vending machine until they regenerate. They can also send wands and giant fighting dice. This also makes the vending machines unreliable but there are 24 hour chefs some run on different sleeping schedules. The chefs make everything in the vending machine. I now speak 100 languages. The vending machines also have cameras and can hear you. These people have their own floors until they move to a enjuvia status and have the chance of upgrading to suite.Suddenly I hear hushed voices. Then I fall asleep and wake up alone with a sword in my hand that glows orange. I focused and suddenly I saw an holographic inventory appear. 10 years later I'm still here with my machine. I long for the days of vallada. Still it's always bright but there's no sun. Meanwhile in Vallahada there comes up with a soul system, a system that finds the souls that will eventually regenerate and for a short period of time control the vending machines. 10 years later the system still wasn't perfect. A year later it was found that there was an increasing number of souls missing from vallhada over the years and other souls missing too. So Frey figured that there was god that nobody knew about. This god must have been a hermit because of 5 years of looking and nothing. This god is later known to be the god of hermits who kidnaps potential hermits and who's also a great writer here in the blank space only place that his books are available that's what I called the place and the name stuck. Frey and my friends after figuring out about loki a popular name though i'm not the famous loki we reasoned with him and he let everyone go after seeing the error of his ways he spends 1000 years in prison this time he made up for all the bad stuff he did by building a new city and a new after life and became well respected amongst god but no one knew who his parents were it was later found out that he was unceintient water bacteria that evolved and became human. Later I realized and so did everyone else that the lights literally made everyone happy. I didn't think I'd ever get tired of the traditional vallahada meal but I did. I wanted traditional chinese food. So idiotically I thought as I'm a warrior I'd be safe but I left my weapons at home to not draw suspicion so I was defenseless. I got kidnapped by a frost giant who took some of our life force to stay immortal. I apparently had plenty of life force to spare so I wasn't allowed to leave to go to the streets with nothing I had tried to save a dead fish that I would later find out could transform and was a phoenix that prevented their birds from coming after me while I escaped. One of the unique vallhada recipients is an AI that stopped armed robbers but was not backed up to a flash drive. What happened is they broke in and the human knocked the gun out of the first person's hand then the rest of them came. The human forgot about the gun. The aI picked it up and shot all the attackers feet they all passed out. Then another person came out and shot him nine times.The AI slowly regenerated to humans for her name was julia. Today at dinner I thought I saw everything but one of the new recruits grew 20 feet after having a lot of the magical goats mead a giant living normally never knowing.  Another thing we found strange we stopped the god who takes souls to be hermits.

August 15, 2020 18:07

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.