2 comments

Kids

A long time ago, there lived a woman named Jane Relic. Jane was 60 years old, and was in the market to buy a house. The house was a monster mansion with plexic glass window with a quaint swimming pool. So, she bought it for 10 million dollars. As she walked into the creepy, squalid, non-modled house, Jane had heard a noise coming from downstairs. When she went to the basement, she saw something that she could not believe. At first, there was not anything to be found, but there was vestiges of crumbs coming from an eerie door. Then, she found a painting sitting on the cold, hard wood floor, that looked very simmilar to how she looked. Jane was bidazzled when she saw that when she moved, the eye's of the painting moved. Just as she was about the elude the painting, she heard that same noise as before. The painting could talk. As the painting came to life suddenly, it had said to Jane to jump through the painting, and it would show her about her heritage. She was very entrigued by this invitation, so she took a deep breathe with fear in her eyes, and still decided not to go. Just as she held back, she turned on the lights, and saw paintings all across the wall of different artists. She thought to herself if it was all a dream, but then she stopped a minute and prayed. She went upstairs to catch her breath, and make herself a cup of tea, which was tepid. Just then, she had heard a banging noise coming from downstairs. Jane was baffled if she wanted to go down, and see where the rattling had came from, or to stay upstairs and calm down. She thought the noise was perpetual, but when she went down, it was gone. The paintings had all started talking to Jane, and they had explained to her that Claude Monet, an affluent painter, lived and died in this house. Before he had passed, he had drawn paintings of every artist, because he thought that whoever enterd the house, and who was the least artistic, would die in the house, and become a painting themselves. Jane got chills, and the hair on the back of her neck stood up. She was very skeptical of the story, but then again the paintings did talk. The paintings also said that the only way to break the curse was to draw a detailed painting of Claude Monet, and hang it on the wall. Jane was convinced that she could find away, but she needed art supplies. As she looked around, she had found a sketch pad, and the pencil the perfect size for her hand. Little did Jane know, that she had 24 hours to complete the painting. Jane had attempted to draw the figure, but had failed. The painting had given Jane advice, and said that she should picture what Claude Monet looked like. First the beard, then the hat, and then it was all up to plain luck. 8 hours had already passed by, and Jane was getting down on herself, and was ready to give up. Just as she threw the pencil down on the floor, the ghost of Claude Monet had come up to her, and he started to growl. He had stated that he was angry, because he was so jealous that there was no painting of him. Jane was down to her last board, and she closed her eyes. She pictured Claude, and she had hoped that the painting would be as good as it could get. When she had opened her eyes, it was perfect. A masterpiece, you could call it. Jane took a brush, and started painting in the body of him. The ghost had come back, and was very pleased that Jane was working on him. He had very strong accolades for her, and she was pleased that he had liked what she had drawn for him. The paintings on the wall had agreed, and now came the final touch. The blackness for his beard. Just as she put the brush in the paint, the paint had knocked on the floor, and had spilled all of it. Jane was mortofied and she was not pleased with what she had done. She could not find any more paint, so she had to make her own. Just then, jane had realized that she could take all of the paint, and mix it together to make black. She was nervous to do so, but did it anyway. When she had seen it had made the color she had wanted, she was so happy, and started painting the rest of the beard. She had only 4 hours left to hang it on the wall, and break the curse. Finally, she got up, but Jane had another problem. There was no more space to put the painting! So, she had went upstairs to look for room to put the painting, but the whole house was crowded with no room. Just as she was about to give up, she hit her head on a ladder. The ladder took her up to a room that was completley empty, which was the attic. Jane was stunned when she found a golden picture frame, that was empty, hanging on the wall. Carefully, Jane inserted the picture into the gold frame, and it started glowing. Jane, had done it. The curse of the Claude Monet painting was broken! Jane had went to the basement, and the paintings we're free. The ghost of Claude Monet was free, and became a human. Claude thanked Jane, and the two went on to lives. And, to this day, anyone who entered the house would be completley out of harms way, and would be free to live a nice happy life. As the story progresses, Jane lived happily ever after in the nice, quiet house, and was never under any curse, or any pressure ever again. In the end, Jane had grew to like the house very much, with or without the curse bestowed. The end!

May 22, 2020 16:45

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Jim Murray
10:45 Jun 05, 2020

unusual story. tenderly told. kept me in there ill the end

Reply

Andrew Specter
18:03 Jun 05, 2020

Thank you! I appreciate that!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.