0 comments

American

Autumn woke up early on a beautiful Saturday morning. Miles was still in bed sleeping. Usually, he won’t wake up until Lily wakes up. She gets up around 10 to wake him up to tell him that’s she’s hungry. Autumn took a small cup of yogurt. She took a small bite from the sweet taste of strawberries as it melted in her mouth.

Today was a big day for her. This is the day that she will publish her book. It was like a ray of sunshine shining from a dark cave. Now the day has arrived. The biggest day of her life. She always wanted to be a writer since she was little. Her dad always believed in her and always tried his best to help her. Autumn’s dad was very supportive of her. Her mother was never around since she was too busy drinking and partying.

On the weekends, her father would read her a bedtime story so she could have some ideas flowing in her head. There was one story that Autumn loved as a kid and it was called “A good day.” which was written by a 5 year old. Autumn was her age at the time and she was inspired by her. The author’s name was Jade Bloom. Her long golden hair glows like the bright sun above. Her smiles bring joy to everyone she meets.

Jade was a perfect child and a perfect writer. Everyone loved her personality and her warm smile. Autumn has heard that she was living in Pineville, which made her even more excited. Autumn is going to the Cozy Cafe, one of her favorite places to go and continue writing her stories. She threw her cup of yogurt in the trash and took a shower.

“Maybe I will meet her at the cafe?” she thought.

“If she does, would she want to be my friend?”

“Maybe we can write stories together!”

Autumn was too thrilled to even think about what would happen next. She puts on a light pink sweater to make herself look cute with some dark jeans. She took her pink book bag with her with her computers and notebooks. She uses her notebooks just in case she has a new idea for her stories. Autumn decides to walk to Cozy Cafe instead of driving her car. Everywhere she went, it was wet and damp. It was raining a little hard last night when they were sleeping.

There were some people that were also walking. Most people in Pineville are sleeping by now since it is now 7 in the morning. Autumn is more of a morning person who just wants to sit down and relax at her favorite cafe. She made it to the cafe and placed her bag on the table near the window.

The cozy cafe is open at 6 in the morning to 7 at night. Only a few people were at the cafe. They were sipping on their hot coffee and enjoying their mornings. She went up to the counter to take her order. The smell of coffee danced around Autumn’s nose. Delicious food coming every which way to everyone.

“How may I take your order?” A young man asked.

Autumn looked at the menu, thinking to herself.

“Can I have a small frappe?” she replied.

The waitress wrote it down on a piece of paper. “It will be out in a minute , Mr.s. "

“Thank you.” she went back to her seat to publish her writings. A minute later, the same waiter came back with her frappe.

Autumn gave him some change and thanked him. She took a sip from the warm caramel and whipped cream. Now, she has the motivation to publish her story. She took her computer out of the bag and opened it. Meanwhile, a woman with long flowing blonde hair walked into the Cozy Cafe.

She was wearing a pink line dress with an elegant crew neck sleeve. She glanced over at Autumn with her soft blonde eyes with a slight smile on her face, which made her wonder; who she is.

“What is doing on” She thought to herself. The blonde lady went up to the counter to take her order, looking back at Autumn with that same slight smile. The thing that surprised her the most is that she decides to sit with her. Everything was confusing. Everything was quiet for a moment until Autumn decides to talk.

“So, who are you?” she asked.

The lady puts her right hand on her cheeks.

Autumn looked over at it with the corner of her eyes. “Please get your hands off of me.”

The lady giggled as she did as she was told. “You’re Dad was right,” she says. “You are funny.”

Autumn’s eyes was in awed. “How do you know my father!?”

She giggled again. “Your dad told that you use to a big big fan of mine.”

The lady nods her head.

Autumn thought about Jade Bloom. “I think I know who you are now!”

The lady raised her eyebrows. “So, who do think I am?”

“You must be Jade Bloom!”

Bloom gave her a rewarding smile. “You are correct, my dear.”

The waiter came to her table with some buttermilk pancakes and some syrup. “Thank you, sweetie.” Jade winked at the waiter and gave him the money. “Oh, wait for a minute.”

She looked over at Autumn. “Would you like some pancakes too?” she asked. Autumn looked at her with a confused look on her face. “No thank you.”

Jade looked back at the waiter. “You can go now.” she waved. “Have a great day!” Autumn glanced at her computer, waiting for her to summit her book. Jade took the computer to look at what she had done.

“What are you doing now?” Autumn questioned.

Jade looked over the computer.

“YOU BETTER NOT DELETE ANY OF MY WORK OR I’LL KILL YOU!” Autumn bellowed. Everyone in the cafe looked at the two women. Jade looked at the crowd then back at Autumn.

Jade turned the computer quickly. “I didn’t.” She confirmed. “Chill out.”

Autumn didn’t know that her famous author could be that annoying. They just met not even an hour ago. Autumn took the computer back from her. “What do you want from me?”

Jade scratched her head. “Listen, you and I are both writers. I think we will get along well.” she quote.

Autumn paused for a moment, not knowing what to say. I feel bad for yelling at her just a minute ago. She thought. She made her decision.

“I’m sorry for yelling at you earlier. I didn’t know if you were going to delete my story or not.”

She took her right hand out. “I agree that we should be friends. 

*Bonus* I know this is not what we are supposed to write about but I just copied and pasted a story I was writing on this app. I've been working on it all day

February 24, 2024 04:08

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.