A Bit More Than a Kiss

Written in response to: Write a story about a first or last kiss.... view prompt

0 comments

Creative Nonfiction Gay

!!It gets a little hot towards the end!!

The wind whisked past Zoro and Sanji, brushing their hair back. It was a pretty day, and they sat in the doorway to the treehouse, alone for the day. Everyone else had something else to do for the day, leaving them without much better to do. It was peaceful, and Zoro almost enjoyed it. It was nice not arguing with Sanji for once. Or hearing him talk and be reminded how annoyingly attractive he sounded.

But nice things didn’t always last, did they?

“You ever kissed anyone before, Mosshead?” Sanji asked suddenly, taking the cigarette from the corner of his mouth as he glanced at Zoro.

“Where the fuck is this coming from?” Zoro asked, face scrunching in confusion.

“Just answer me, jackass,” he shot back, at first only getting a roll of Zoro’s eyes for his troubles.

“Fine. If you really want the truth, no. I haven’t,” Zoro said, ignoring Sanji’s head whip around in his peripheral. “Have you, Twirlybrow?”

Sanji’s sputtering made Zoro glance at the annoying blond, and he raised an eyebrow at him in question. “How!?” the blond yelped, eyes wide and curled eyebrows in his hairline.

“How what?” Zoro grunted, Sanji groaning in what he was pretty sure was annoyance.

“How have you never kissed someone!? Have you looked at yourself?” Sanji asked, gesturing vaguely at Zoro with his hands. Said Marimo-head couldn’t help his smirk as he shifted to lean his back against the doorway, pulling a foot up to rest on the threshold. 

“What? Do I hear Curlybrow implying that he thinks that I fuck? I must need my ears checked,” he teased, grinning when Sanji flushed pink and sputtered again.

“I only hear people gossiping about you! I don’t know what they see in you!” he squawked in reply, pointedly turning away from Zoro. “You’re lucky I can’t easily kick your stupid ass right now!”

“Mhm, we’ll go with that,” Zoro snickered before becoming slightly more serious, not taking his gaze from the still-blushing blond. “And you still haven’t answered my question. Have you kissed anyone?”

Sanji gave Zoro the side eye for a good moment, and he was ready to accept that Sanji wasn’t going to answer, until he did, voice a little timid, “A few times. I haven’t dated very many girls if I’m honest, despite my talk.” Sanji paused, frowning as he took the last drag of his cigarette and stubbed it out before placing the butt in the pack in his breast pocket. “Why the hell am I even telling you this?”

“Because I asked. I bet I’m still better at kissing than you,” Zoro said casually, sensing that Sanji wasn’t in store to be getting personal about his dating life. It seemed this did the trick in shifting Sanji’s attention as he made an affronted noise, whipping around to glare at Zoro once more.

“I hardly believe that!” he snapped, Zoro tilting his head lazily.

“Something tells me you aren’t going to take my word for it,” Zoro grunted with a lopsided smirk, Sanji’s glare only sharpening.

“Why would I? You haven’t even kissed someone before!”

“Meh, can’t be that hard.”

“You wanna bet?” Sanji shot back before blushing once more as Zoro’s smirk widened to a grin.

“If I didn’t know better, I’d say you’re asking me to prove it to you, Curly,” he chuckled, but the way Sanji hesitated to deny it as his blush darkened made Zoro’s teasing grin fade slightly. “Curls?”

Sanji fidgeted with his hands as he stared at his lap and had Zoro sitting up, dropping his leg back down to dangle. “I… I’ve been doing some thinking recently and shit… and I’m kinda curious what it’s like to kiss a guy?” he said softly as he visibly chewed at the inside of his cheek. “You definitely don’t have to, but… we both trust each other, I guess, and you haven’t kissed anyone, and I haven’t kissed a dude before…”

Zoro blinked at Sanji before breaking into a grin. “So you wanna see who’s better at kissing guys, Love-cook?” he asked with a chuckle.

“Maybe,” Sanji grumbled, still not looking at Zoro.

Heaving a deep sigh, Zoro scooted barely closer to Sanji. Their thighs nearly brushed, Zoro able to smell the fresh cigarette clinging to Sanji. “Hey, I’m not going to give you shit about it if you wanna. We can kiss, and that’ll be the end of it. It’s not like you’re asking to fuck or anything,” he grunted with a shrug. His words did seem to help surprisingly, Sanji finally glancing at Zoro.

“You know, I never thought I’d ever appreciate your brutish, blunt nature,” Sanji said with a huff, but Zoro called it a win, seeing as the stupid blond was smirking, if only slightly. He really didn’t enjoy seeing the cocky bastard upset.

“So, we kissing?” he asked bluntly, Sanji nodding slightly, his cheeks flushing to a decidedly pretty shade of red in Zoro’s not-so-humble opinion. He hesitated for a moment, waiting for if Sanji wanted to make the first move, but he didn’t. 

Looked like he was going to have to take the initiative. It wasn’t like Zoro imagined this more than once or anything. Not at all.

Taking a steadying breath as his heart beat in a way he starkly deemed as betrayal, sure Sanji would hear it if he listened, Zoro gently brushed his fingers against Sanji’s jawline, guiding him to tilt his head toward him. Fuck, he’s too cute. Zoro swallowed thickly as he nearly lost his nerve upon being faced with Sanji’s flushed expression and wide blue eyes. Just fucking do it. It means nothing. It’s fine.

Zoro leaned in, letting his eyes close as their breaths began to mingle. The kiss was gentle and light, more of a press of lips than an actual kiss, but it left him absolutely breathless either way. Pulling back, Sanji was beet red and had the nerve to jut his chin out. “I knew it. You can’t kiss,” he sniffed. Of course, everything was a damn competition with this blond moron, wasn’t it?

“Then you prove me wrong, Twirlybrow. Or are you scared?” Zoro taunted, making no move to shift away from Sanji.

“Fine, I will!” Sanji snapped back, a soft palm finding Zoro’s jaw and those equally as soft lips finding his once more before he could say anything back. Though, Zoro couldn’t even remember what he had wanted to say as Sanji kissed him, the action languid and annoyingly graceful. Zoro let instinct guide him as he returned the kiss, hooking a hand around the back of Sanji’s neck, the blond’s other hand finding his thigh.

It didn’t take much more for Zoro to decide he didn’t want to lose the feeling of Sanji’s lips on his as the kiss deepened past the simple press of lips, the blond letting out a soft sigh that sent heat coiling in Zoro’s stomach. Sanji tilted his head, licking Zoro’s bottom lip, the latter letting his lips part for Sanji’s tongue without a thought. 

If Zoro wasn’t already hooked on the feeling of Sanji’s lips, he was certainly hooked on the taste of the other the second their tongues met. The bittersweet was intoxicating as he let Sanji explore every last inch of his mouth that he wished, more than happy to take the backseat for once. He found he hardly cared that he had technically ‘lost’ whatever bet that they had going, fingers tangling in soft golden hair.

It wasn’t until they were panting that they broke apart, Zoro selfishly proud that it was him who had Sanji looking this frazzled. It was a greedy thought, but he didn’t care. He had come to terms with his greed long ago and acted upon it as he straddled Sanji’s thigh, the blond’s eyes widening in surprise as his hands held Zoro’s hips. “M-Mossy-” he stuttered, and Zoro growled softly in reply, the sound silencing Sanji easily.

“Shut up, and kiss me again, Idiot-Cook,” he rumbled as he leaned in again, their breaths mingling. All it took was Zoro tugging lightly on his tie and Sanji was following the demand, sealing their lips in another kiss, his tongue licking hungrily into Zoro’s mouth. Sanji had easily taken control of the kiss once more, but Zoro hardly cared, more than content with the knowledge he was the up-tight blond’s first kiss with a guy. It was something stupid to take pride in, but he really didn’t care. He was greedy and selfish and would be more than happy to take every one of Sanji’s firsts he was offered without losing a blink of sleep.

Sanji’s hands slid from his hips to his ass, squeezing slightly before pulling Zoro further into his lap. The action earned an involuntary groan from Zoro, and the way Sanji’s teeth nipped his lip made Zoro very tempted to keep making noise. That train of thought was quickly interrupted, though, as he felt a very telling poke against his thigh. It was absolutely a stupid and completely self-centered move, but he rolled his hips, grinding his thigh into Sanji’s hard-on, celebrating internally when Sanji damn-near mewled into the kiss and made no move to pull away. Holy fuck, how far is he willing to go with me?

Continuing to roll his hips down, Zoro fully committed to humping Sanji’s thigh without a hint of shame. He had fantasized about this exact moment far too much to care, especially as Sanji moaned from the friction, his hands gripping Zoro’s ass. It wasn’t long at all before the kiss became sloppy, both of them swallowing each other's noises as Sanji met Zoro’s rolling hips with his own. 

Zoro needed more. He needed everything of Sanji.

He growled into Sanji’s mouth as his hands found his belt, Sanji breaking away as he began working it apart. “Moss—shit—Marimo, stop,” Sanji panted, grabbing Zoro’s wrist.

“What, Curls?” Zoro rumbled back, fingers pausing in their quest.

“I-I’m not–I can’t,” he stammered, swallowing thickly as Zoro leaned back slightly.

“You can’t what, Curls,” he asked, raising an eyebrow as he stomped down his growing disappointment.

Sanji looked away as his cheeks flushed pink. “I can’t go any farther like this. It’s–it would be your first time, right?” he murmured, Zoro deadpanning.

“You shove your tongue down my throat and we were literally dry humping, yet this is too much? I literally don’t give a shit,” Zoro said flatly, Sanji sighing as he gently guided his hands away.

“I just… I can’t let you have your first time in a shitty tree house. Somewhere else, okay?” Sanji sighed, shaking his head.

Zoro blinked as he stared at Sanji, the blond’s words settling in slowly. “Wait. You said that as if you’d be willing to fuck me another time,” he said, his heart rate increasing as Sanji’s eyes widened.

“I–shit–uh–” Sanji’s cheeks only flushed darker as he looked away. “Shit. Fuck, uh, I didn’t want to tell you like this.”

“Tell me what, Curls?” Zoro asked slowly, Sanji sighing softly as he looked at him once more, Zoro feeling as though his heart would beat through his ribcage.

Sanji had let go of Zoro’s wrist, his arms slipping around his waist as he brushed their noses together. “I… I’ve realized that I have had feelings for you for a long time now, Mossy. I just… You helped me realize that loving another guy isn’t as bad as I’ve always been told it was,” he murmured, Zoro feeling his breath catch. “I just hope you feel the same.”

It took a moment for Sanji’s words to really settle as reality, Zoro unable to keep from grinning before pressing a gentle kiss to Sanji’s lips. “Stupid idiot-cook. I wouldn’t have been getting you out of your pants if I didn’t. It’s why I haven’t kissed anyone before,” he chuckled, nuzzling their noses together. “I have one hell of a sex drive, but I have zero desire to fuck anyone unless I’m interested romantically. And, you’re honestly the first person I’ve ever really had feelings for, Curls.”

“And you didn’t say anything when I asked to kiss you?” Sanji asked, eyes widening slightly. “Why?”

“I’m selfish. I saw the chance to kiss you, and I took it, y’know, selfishly,” Zoro said with a shrug. “I get it if you’re mad at me.”

“Not… mad, but I am disappointed that your first kiss was me being curious now,” Sanji sighed, Zoro rolling his eyes.

“Oh my fuck, Curls. Shut it about this ‘first times being special’ bullshit. I could not give a shit less if I tried,” he groaned, Sanji chuckling slightly.

“I guess I’m just a romantic at heart, huh?” he hummed, Zoro feeling as though his eyes would roll out of his fucking skull.

“Romantic is putting it lightly, you corny ass fucking sap,” Zoro said, nipping at the tip of Sanji’s nose playfully before yelping as Sanji lay back, bringing him with him.

“You know you like it,” Sanji replied with a grin, Zoro rolling his eyes again. Would he ever be able to be in the moronic blond’s company without his eyes rolling out of his skull? Probably not. But, in some odd way, he found he didn’t mind, settling over Sanji’s chest.

“Mhm. We’ll go with that. Now shut up, I wanna nap,” Zoro grumbled, letting his eyes close as fingers carded through his hair.

February 12, 2024 18:33

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.