4 comments

Romance Drama Suspense

I’m Ekanshi, When I was in 5-year-old, My parents died in a car accident and also I lost my vision.

My uncle helped me to recover my eyes with surgery. But, aunty doesn’t like that.

She thought like I had a beautiful face than her daughter so, She ordered me to wear the glasses so, I can’t take off that.

Every day, Uncle was the one who save me from the torture of my aunty so, I had come out of the house after finished my school for uncle shake.

Then I was working in the coffee shop as a full-time worker.

That was a nighttime, a young boy enter into the shop with tapped the bell and smiled at me, I also smiled at him and said, “wait a little minute”. He directly went to sat on the seat.

His name was selen, he is the only one friend of mine since the school days.

I pressed the coffee presser lightly, that poured the coffee into the cup.

At the time I heard an another bell sounds, “welcome!”, I look with turning my head with passion.

He also looks at me, “one cappuccino please”, his face was shining, and he went directly to the seat.

I kept staring him without my knowledge. (He was zain, my school senior, he hadn’t spoken too much to anyone, I loved him one-sided without knowing him. He hadn’t noticed me even once. Even though he didn’t notice me, my heart only for him. Although he was rich, he would always be sad. I didn’t know why was he like this. I heard the news that was he went to the Canada, but he is here.)

Coffee poured on my right hand. I came back to my conscience, and I shouted, my glass fell on the ground and broken.

I slowly peeked him again but this time he kept looks at me, my full body started to flutter then, I take my glass and wearing with shaking hands. I sat on the ground to hide from him.

“What happened?”, selen was come to me with fluttered then he checked my wound and did the first aid.

“Come on!, we need to go to hospital”, selen said that with looking at my eyes.

“No!, it’s okay, I can”, I said confidently.

After that, I served him a cappuccino with hiding my right hand.

I turned my self to went back, “one seconds”, he asked me. I turn back to him, “can you take off your class?”, he’s staring my eyes. I didn’t know what I would replay to him. “Sorry!”, I said that because I can’t clearly hear his words.

“It’s okay, I am sorry”, he said that and drank the cappuccino.

I think that he thought I replied to him. After he left the place, selen asked me to the hospital but, I refused and said, “I do”, with politely.

Thereupon, I went to the bus stand which was nearby the coffee shop. I waited for 1 hour after that, I slightly felt like have unconsciousness. My wound got severe. I fainted on the chair where I sat in.

After a few hours later, I opened my eyes and saw the surrounded place. That was not to look like a hospital or my home either.

I was on the bed then, I went out of the room to check where was I in. I saw the staircase then, I slowly took down.

At the time, I watched my right hand that was well-dressed. Also, I saw that someone cook in the kitchen. He looked me by my steps sound.

“Oh my God!, he is…”, I thought and slipped on the staircase. He was zain again.

I opened my eyes, one day passed. That was nighttime again, zain was sitting near to me. “How are you now”, he was staring my eyes only.

I searched for my glass, “what are you searching?”, he asked.

I saw him politely and said, “my glasses”.

“That’s no need anymore, doctor said that your eyes are alright without glasses”, he said.

“Let’s go to eat”, he asked me.

“Don’t, I can eat in my house”, I refused his order by nervous.

“You didn’t eat for a day and night. If you didn’t eat now, you will faint again”, he said to me with merciful.

I saw his eyes with uneasy, “okay”, I said.

In the dining table, he served me a rise, meat, fish, etc, I have never eaten that in my lifetime even once.

“Sorry!, I didn’t eat it, my aunt said that I need only eat noodles without eggs and chicken”, I told to him with downed my head.

“So if your mom?”, he asked and inclined his head slightly.

“My parents died in a car accident”, I said quietly.

“Sorry!”, he served the food for me.

I took chopsticks by right hand, but I can’t then, I used my left hand. My hand stumbled when I took rice with chopsticks. I upright my head and looks him. He came near to me and take my chopsticks then feed me. I got surprised even more, why he is more mercy to me. I opened my mouth slowly, and he was feeds me.

After that, during I went back to my home, “if you tell me your place, I would help to you”, he asked me.

“It’s okay”, I said and came out of the house.

“What is this, it’s look like the place where I live”, I thought. Then, I looked to the opposite door.

“Oh my God, it was my place”, I wider my eyes. I turn and looked to his door, “what is the reason of it?”, I got confused by the game of the fate.

At 4am, I woke up and went to the coffee shop. I said to selen that what happened last night during served coffee to customer.

“I think he’s going to do something to you”, he threatened me.

“No!, he is not like that”, I justified him.

“Then, your choice”, he said. At 8pm, zain came to the coffee shop and ordered the cappuccino again. “Why is he here again”, I thought.

I served him, he saw me with his glaring eyes, “how is your hand now?”, he asked.

“Fine!”, I said with a smile on my face. He also smiled at me and said, “then fine”. At the time, selen came there again and put his hand on my shoulder, and he tightened me.

“It’s time to go home”, he acted unusually.

“What are you doing?”, I asked silently and got shame in front of zain.

“I’m helping to you”, he tapped my leg and gestures with his eyes. I was staring him with confused.

Zain was staring at me, “sorry!, I interrupted you, I will leave”, he said and left the place.

I was frowning at selen and sighed. Then, I closed the coffee shop and went back to the home with thinking of what would he thought about me.

I reached my home. At 11p.m I was sleeping. At the time, I heard the sound of someone fell on the ground. So, I went out for check.

That was zain, he was on the ground with dirty appearance.

“Zain, what happened”, I turned his body he was stinks.

“Are you drank?”, when I asked he vomited on the ground and his full body was wet by drinks.

Then, I searched for his room card. But, I can’t find. So, I take him to my house and then bathed him. Don’t think like that I took advantage of him. If I didn’t wash him, he will be affected by heavy fever. Then, I put him on the bed and whipped his face by wet cloth. Suddenly his face started to sweating. He was whining.

“Mom!, mom!”, he repeatedly said that with holding my hands.

I rubbed his chest, and he slept after a few minutes later.

Next day morning, I opened my eyes and also he opened eyes at the time.

“Sorry!, it’s your home?”, he asked me, he didn’t look at my eyes.

“Yes”, I said.

“I’m really sorry”, he said.

“It’s okay”, I convinced him.

“Sorry I bothered you when you are with your husband”, he pleased to him, and he was stand-up to leave. I also stand up.

“Husband?, who?”, I wrinkled my face.

“Yesterday…, he asked you to go home”, he lifted his hand pointed the selling.

“Oh!, he is my one and only friend, I am only 20”, I smiled to him.

He upright his head and looked at my eyes.

“Really?”, he asked again.

“Yes”, now I downed my head.

“Do you love anybody?”, he asked me.

I looked him with a confused face and said, “no!”.

“Can I ask you a favor?”, he asked,

“Sure!”, I said.

He rubbed his hair and, “can you live with me?”, he asked.

After I heard this words, I didn’t know what to do. Even my souls for him, I hesitated to say yes. Because, he suddenly asked at me so, I was staring him for a minute.

“But, why suddenly, do you know me?”, I asked him to clear up my doubt.

“When I was in 8-year-old, I adamant to my mom to eat cappuccino. We had a car accident during went to the coffee shop. A truck came across to our car and changed our way so, we were hit the other car which was coming on the opposite side. In the other car all people are got injured badly. My mom dead at the spot. After my 18 age I heard the news of my mom donated her eyes to someone so, I searched that person for 5 years. After that, I founded you. When I looked at your eyes you seemed like exactly my mom”. He said and started to sobbing.

I remembered the accident of my parents then, I realized something. That was my family who came opposite to his car. “How do I tell that to him”, I bits my nails with nervous.

“Can you live with me?”, the knees to me and asked me.

I was staring him with sobbing. It’s my dream. At last, it’s came to me. How can I reject him?. I hugged him and said sorry to him for making his mom died.

“I do”, I said and I whipping his tears.

December 15, 2020 16:01

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

AA BROTHERS
15:28 Dec 22, 2020

really this is awesome story.I really get impressed .Its very nice and i like the climax its wonderful feeling

Reply

Show 0 replies
Elisia Meehan
21:45 Dec 20, 2020

I got stuck when you wrote "When I was in 5-year-old". The sentence there didn't flow easily I understand your writing but when you make a sentence. I do say try to make it where others would want to read past it. Its a wonderful story I enjoyed it very much. Just take this as friendly advise. I look forward to reading more.

Reply

ABINAYA K
23:49 Dec 21, 2020

Tq so much sister Elisha, I'm also trying to improve my self like this. Feel free to advice me. Tq so muchhh

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
12:30 Dec 16, 2020

Super ga vera level

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.