1 comment

General

the blonde slowly dragged himself down the city side walk, fixing his trench coat. it was late, the sun was just setting, oranges and bright purples were seen behind the now clearing rain clouds.

Axel Jones, 21, Aries, the usual town mystery.

he huffed, moving out of the way for a few small children chasing after one another, one of them ramming into his side, did he lash out. no. but did he want to? no.. emotions where complicated for him, he was often one of those guys that if you stumbled into them you'd apologize and quickly run off, and that's just what the little boy did. Axel gave a small wave of his hand, showing he really didn't care and continued his walk home.

finally reaching the front door, he picked the lock of the door. his door. he often forgot to bring the key with him, and what? he was a blonde. let him have his fun. he gave a small wave to the elderly couple that lived next door before stepping in and tossing his coat like a sack of potatoes. flopping on the couch and giving a 'end my suffering' sigh, looking around the dark empty room. a soft sparkle caught his eye so he did what every person seemed to do wrong in every horror movie in existence, he investigated. he dragged himself off the couch and outside, a small silver key was hidden underneath a few blades of grass, he picked it up, glancing over the small details engraved in the handle. The platinum blonde looked around, checking to see if anyone was around before walking back to his door, right locked.. he never seemed to unlock his door, the fear of break-ins always seemed to over come him, before he could pick the lock once more the key fell out of his pocket, hitting the wooden porch, the light from inside catching the metal. he huffed picking it up, guess testing it wouldn't hurt. he shrugged, slipping in the key and turning it, the lock clicking as he pushed the door open. how strange? but it works doesn't it?he slipped the key in his coat pocket, laying down on the couch to settle down for the night.

the sun beamed through the windows, filling the room with bright light. Axel groaned, rolling off the couch and to his bedroom to get ready for the day,

he finished brushing his hair, grabbing a piece of bread and his coat, running out of the door, struggling to put his coat on as he took a bite of the pale bread. cars rushed by on the streets, children's laughter filled the ears of passerby's. he waved to a few people he seemed to see everyday, reaching into his coat pocket and taking out the key, getting a better look at it now that it was brighter out. the brass was old, rusted, some dirt was stuck in some of the carvings. he looked up, the key slipping out of his hand, seeing the boy, who had ran into yesterday, run passed him, this time keeping a distance, running closer to the road, he stumbled forward, tumbling into the street.

HOOOOONK! CRASSSSSSHHHHH!

a loud scream was heard as the blonde turned away, not looking at the accident. finally picking the key back up and looking at the damage that was caused, a crowd forming around. the owner of the car rushed out, her foot getting stuck in the seat belt causing her to trip over, hitting the hard street.

"Jesus.." Axel breathed out, walking passed the chaos. a faint shock was sent through his hand and up his arm. the key. he took it out, watching as a piece of it shined, seeming almost new. he quirked a brow, slipping it back in his pocket.

"ah, Axel. great seeing you again." a young woman smiled, standing up from behind the counter of the book shop he had just stepped into.

"evening Rose, do you have any books on keys?" Axel asked, fiddling with the key from inside his pocket.

"key? well thats a new one." she giggled, walking out from behind the counter, about five or six books in her arms.

"i might, what for? are you finally deciding on getting a key for your front door? or is your lock pick your key?" she teased, standing up on the tips of her toes, her long red hair falling over her shoulders, her green eyes scanning the shelf.

"Watch out!" the young woman yelled, rushing back, a red leather book falling off the shelf and hitting the ground. Axel bent over, picking it up.

"anything else? we got a new shipment of horror books if you're interested." she smiled, fixing a few books on the shelf. Axel, already getting a head start on reading, shook his head.

"maybe later.. thanks again Rose, ill be sure to return this by next week." he closed the book, keeping his thumb on the page he was on.

"everyone gets at least two weeks to finish a book, if you need more time just let me know." the short red headed woman stumbled a bit, walking in her one inch heals, behind the counter, checking out the book for him.

"i hope you enjoy your book on rusty keys." Rose gave one last smile before waving good bye to the Axel.

after rushing home, opening the door to his house instead of picking the lock and getting settled in, the white haired man began his reading, he flipped through the pages, keeping the key close by his side to seeing if he could find a match.

nothing

he groaned, tossing the key across the room, the loud sound of metal hitting the floor slightly startling him. he looked up at his door, a faint knock catching his attention, he stood, answering it, a young brunette child, about 12, smiling on his porch.

"can i help you?" he asked, fulling opening the door, seeing as a child really couldn't cause much harm. the girl smiled, pushing her way passed him and over to the key, picking it up and turning to the back of the book.

"Oi!" he quickly turned around, quickly rushing back inside and shoving the young girl out of the way.

"sorry sir, it's just i heard you found a key, i've heard a lot about it" she smiled, handing him the key and the book. a small compartment took up most of the pages in the back, a lock keeping it shut. Axel looked down at the book then back the young girl. he sighed, unlocking it. the lights flickered.

CRACK!

the girl was now on the ground, a shocked look on her face as it appeared she had been hit on the head by something. he grabbed whatever was inside the book. a piece of paper?.. he jumped back at the sight of the girl, dropping the book and key, his hands shaking. he slowly unfolded the paper, scanning over the words before tossing it and picking up the girl, taking her out back, he dug a large hole, laying her inside. Axel walked back inside wiping his tears.

"you cant stay here..." he looked at the key, picking it up and walking back to the bookshop.

"Rose!i need you to hide this, get rid of it! do whatever you can to keep everyone safe!" Axel ran in, scared, shaking, his hand dirty, stained, his coat covered in dirt.

"Axel? whats wrong? you look like you've seen a ghost!" the short woman grabbed the key. Axel stuttered trying to find the words before stumbling over, blacking out.

bright lights, warning signs, chitter chatter of those dubbed as insane... Axel had finally woken up but in a strange place, a pure white room, two men sat in front of him.

"whats-" "Sir, you are a suspect for the murder of Julia Anderson and 5 others." one of the men interrupted him. Axel tilted his head slightly to the left. 5 others? he couldn't recall hurting let alone murdering anyone..

"we understand you've been charge with stalking and insult to the young woman that owns the book shelf." the other man said, slipping a photo of Rose on the table.

"n-no.. i dont recall.. me and Rose are close.. and i didn't harm that young girl.." Axel stuttered, trying to remain calm he took the key out of his pocket and on the table.

"it was this.. there's been trouble caused ever since i got it." Axel was basically preying at this point it was just a misunderstanding.

"a key? sir there is footage of you tossing a red leather, hard covered book at her, just yesterday morning. and the elderly couple living next door to you reported that you brought that young girl into your house and only 5 minutes later dragged her into your back yard." the raven haired man growled, his annoyance was clear at this point.

"what about the boy who you hit with your car? People reported that you were upset that he ran into you..?" the blonde man took out a few photos. Axel looked down at the pictures.. no it couldn't be.. his frightened face turned into a twisted smile, he leaned back in his seat.

"suppose the key wasn't supernatural.." he chuckled. the men looked at each other once more.

"may i asked what that key opens?" the raven haired man asked, reaching for the key, only to feel it's sharp teeth dig into his hand.

"many doors.." Axel muttered, quickly pulling the key out. the blonde man stood up, shoving Axel out of his chair and on to the ground.

"whats that supposed to mean you phycopath?!" he growled,pushing his foot on Axel's chest.

"those who are worthy take the blue door.. but those who are not.. they take red." Axel chuckled, seeming unfazed by the chaos.

"worthy?!" the black haired man stood up, his hand over the wound.

"haven! hell! those people were never worthy! i did what i needed" his smiled widened, throwing the key at one of the men.

BOOM!

a gun shot was heard, Axel taking the shot in his chest, the blonde stepping off him, looking down at the once rusted key, it now looked new, clean. the man walked over, picking it up, and walking to a old storage room, unlocking it, his hand shook as the world around him faded to black...

Which Door Were You Worthy For?

February 17, 2020 05:20

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

SendHelp 4u
05:22 Feb 17, 2020

Frist book on here.. im kind of new to it ;)

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.