Little Red Riding Hood becomes friends with the big bad wolf.

Submitted into Contest #43 in response to: Write a story about an unlikely friendship.... view prompt

2 comments

Kids

Hello,

This is a story of Little Red Riding Hood and the big, bad wolf that turned into being best friends in an unexpected way . Written by Cassie Geesling. Hope you'll like it.



One day, Little Red Riding Hood was doing her normal monthly routine, go to granny's house deep in the big scary woods with fresh baked pies with yummy smells that will make anybody and anything hungry like she did when she was just a child. But first she would go to the normal spot where she would meet up with her best friend. The sheep. The sheep and Little Red Riding hood were close friends for many years and the sheep would accompany Little Red Riding Hood to the big scary woods. But after a while, Little Red Riding Hood and the sheep finds nothing about the big, scary, woods. As long as there are no big bad wolves around anyway.

"Hello there, little sheep." Little Red Riding Hood said.

"Baaa." The sheep said.

"Ready to go?" Little Red Riding Hood asked while petting the sheep's thick, soft wool at the same time.

"Baaa." the sheep replied, nudging its head against Little Red Riding Hood's hand. Little Red Riding Hood laughed at the sheep.

With Little Red Riding Hood's full lips smiling and with happiness in her big eyes, her and her friend sheep went to the trail in the woods that goes to granny's place.

"How was your day, little sheep?" Little Red Riding Hood asked.

"Baaaa." the sheep answered.

As time went on, with Little Red Riding Hood and the sheep, walking to granny's house, Little Red Riding Hood noticed a hole on the sheep's body.

"Sheep?" Little Red Riding Hood asked.

"Why do you have a hole on your body? Did you get hurt?"

"Baaaa." the sheep answered.

Before Little Red Riding Hood could ask more from the sheep three big bad wolves came out.

"My, my, what big eyes you have. The kind of eyes that drives wolves mad." (lyrics copyright to Amanda Seyfried.) Said one wolf.

"What full lips you have. Sure to lure someone bad." (Again lyrics copyright to Amanda Seyfried.) said another wolf.

Little Red Riding Hood stood there, frozen in place, not sure what to do. She knows she's going to be eaten if she didn't do something then the sheep went in front of Little Red Riding Hood. Protecting it's friend from danger.

"Sheep!" Little Red Riding Hood yelled.

"Please, sheep, don't risk your life for me, go flee!"

The sheep started to talk in a low voice, while growling at the same time.

"Stay away from my friend Little Red Riding Hood." The sheep warned.

The wolves recognized the voice. That's how the wolves knew what well more like who they are up against.

"Wait, is that you, boss?" One of the wolves asked.

"Yes, I am." The sheep answered.

"Now. I will not tell you again. Stay away from her."

The wolves backed away and sheep turned around and said.

"I'm sorry, Little Red Riding Hood."

Little Red Riding Hood, scared, started to walk backwards. Then sheep, which is no longer sheep, tore its suit off.

"You see, Little Red Riding Hood." The wolf started to explain.

"When I first saw you all those years ago. When you were just a child. I couldn't stop staring at your beauty. Like the wolves said. You have full lips and big eyes. I knew something was going to happen to you sooner or later. So I made myself a sheep costume. So I can look after you." The wolf said.

"I just didn't want you to think I'm a big, bad wolf."

The wolf said bowing his head in shame.

Little Red Riding Hood shakes her head and said.

"But. You lied to me. After all those years." Little Red Riding Hood started to cry.

"Oh, please don't cry. Let's go to granny's place." The wolf said as he looked up.

Little Red Riding Hood looked up and stared at the wolf and nodded her head yes and said.

"I'm so glad I have you as a friend, a wolf or not. You still saved my life. Thank you. You big, bad wolf." Little Red Riding Hood giggled. Her joke even made the wolf laugh even harder.

Then they started walking to granny's place. They're close, heard some wolves howling here and there but they know who their boss was, and he's looking after his friend.

Finally, they made it to granny's house.

"Knock, Knock." Little Red Riding Hood said while actually knocking. While dancing in place with the basket of fresh, warm, pies granny came to the door and screamed and yelled at Little Red Riding Hood.

"Get in the house now! I'll go grab my ax!"

Granny left and came back with her ax.

No, wait!" Little Red Riding Hood yelled at granny. , raising her arms up in front of the wolf.

"He's a good wolf, I promise!"

The wolf looked at granny then back down but his eyes still on granny. Granny can see the love and kindness in his eyes. Not once has she ever seen a kind, loving wolf. Willing to protect her only granddaughter, Little Red Riding Hood.

Granny sighed and went inside to put the ax on her ax shelf, came back , and said.

"I believe you, my Little Red Riding Hood. Mr. wolf, would you like to come inside and enjoy some fresh, warm, pies?"

The wolf looked at granny and said.

"I'd like that. Thank you." Then the wolf's stomach started growling at the thought of eating pies.

"Of course." Granny said. "After all, you are a close friend with my only granddaughter. Its a good thing you're hungry. I can hear that growl from your stomach half the world away" granny teased giggling at her joke.

The wolf couldn't help but smile and looked up at Little Red Riding Hood and asked. "Are we close friends?"

Little Red Riding Hood answered

"Yes, wolf. We are best friends."

Then the not so bad wolf, granny, and Little Red Riding Hood went inside granny's house and ate the fresh pies.

And that is how the big bad wolf, who really isn't bad, and Little Red Riding Hood became best friends. Along with granny of course.

The End.

May 28, 2020 22:37

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Roshna Rusiniya
17:16 Jun 02, 2020

Very unique take on the prompt!

Reply

Cassie Geeslng
18:30 Jun 02, 2020

Thank you.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.