0 comments

Science Fiction Suspense Horror

February 7th, 2040.

My name is Bryan and I’m writing this because I don’t know what's next.

I found a blank journal and some pens so I decided to document this.

I’m was always bad with remembering dates so if the dates are wrong, or weird, then I’m sorry.

A week ago on January 29th they attacked. At first we thought they were human, our neighbors, coworkers, friends, family, celebrities. Then their leader came. Whatever they were emerged from their skin sacks and attacked everyone in sight. You know those theories where there's aliens living among us? Well that's what I think it is.

It was my day off so I was inside. When I heard the news I locked all my doors and barricaded myself in the basement. I have enough food to last me maybe a few months if I can spread it out.

March 5th, 2040

The power went out. Whatever they are keep trying to get in. I heard the front door breaking and now they're trying to get in the basement. The news says that the government is trying their best but you need to stay inside. I don’t think I can make it through a few more months. I remember my neighbor said that he had a bomb shelter made inside his basement. I can try to get through the tiny window in my basement and make it to his. But will he let me inside? Is he one of them? Please if anyone's reading this send help.

March 17, 2040

They stopped trying to get in. I fear that if they try again my door won’t last. I packed a small bag with some cans, bottled water, clothes, flashlight, and some batteries. I’m gonna try to get out next week but if they pick up sooner than that I’m leaving then and there.

March 19th, 2040

I saw one of them. They look like what people think werewolves look like, but with no skin. They’re tall, really tall. Hunched over. Pure white eyes. Long fingers and limbs. I can never unsee it.

March 26th, 2040

More of them are here. Their changing. Now patches of skin are starting to form on them. I should have left sooner. I don’t think I can make it to my neighbors.

April 4th, 2040

They’re moving. I think my town is just a rest stop for them. Their going somewhere big, I can feel it. During the day they sleep or are slower than usual. I’m gonna escape then.

April 8th, 2040

I made it! He wasn’t there but I didn’t look around. He was very prepared with food for about a year (only for 1), bottled water, clothes, tubs filled with water, a backup generator, batteries, hanging lights, flashlights, books, pens, and much more!

April 27th, 2040

Someone knocked on the door. It sounded like a woman, she asked if anyone was in there. I think she knows since that was a week ago and everyday she’s come back. She's getting desperate. I think she's one of them.

April 30th, 2040

She left. I feel a little bad since she sounded so human. I wanted to try and go outside to explore but I think their still out there.

May 6th, 2040

I heard something. The last time I heard something was when the woman was knocking. I think it's trying to get in. I need help, please. If anyone finds this help me.

May 27th, 2040

My birthday was yesterday. I turned 21. I can now legally drink. Not like I haven't drank before.

July 17th, 2040

Something tried to break in. I heard a chainsaw. Men yelling. Banging. Its starting to smell.

July 27th, 2040

I found the smell. My neighbor had made a hidden room under the bed. He hung himself. I think I might follow him.

August 12th, 2040

I found a letter. It was in front of the door. It wasn’t there before. Am I going insane? I don’t need help now, I need company. I’m gonna open the door. Only to throw out the body, the smell is almost life threatening. I’m gonna read the letter, I think? I don’t know.

August 14th, 2040

I opened the letter.

“Dear Bryan, happy birthday! I wanted to write to you sooner, but I never got the chance! You can come out now. The world is safe, the aliens are gone. I would love to officially meet you. Please you remember Cally’s Cafe on 4th? Well from 10-4 I hang out there! I hope to see! Sincerely, Lamien.”

That fake. Totally fake. Who uses all those exclamation points? I’m not going. I’m still gonna open up the door to throw out my neighbors body. I’m gonna try and give him a proper funeral. I didn’t know him that well but hey!

August 17th, 2040

I opened the door! I looks like a bomb happened. I guess that also helps my theory with how the letter was fake. I just realized a bomb probably did happen. Tomorrow I’m gonna give him a funeral, and bury him.

August 18th, 2040

I buried him. I’d wanna say it took about a few hours just to dig the whole and cover it. Then 10 minutes to say some words. The whole time I felt like someone was watching me. I tried to go as fast as I could but if you’ve ever dug a grave after being in the same room for months then you can’t complain. I walked around a little more. There were still some buildings but mostly the bottom parts. My house is gone, along with everything that was in it.

September 2nd, 2040

I think something got inside the bunker when I was burying the body. I hear scratching and some of my food is going missing. But I can’t leave! I don’t know what's out there. I started sleeping with a knife under my pillow. I’ll update you hopefully soon.

September 10th, 2040

I found out what it was. It was a pretty big rat. But how did it survive? It seems friendly to me. I might keep it for some company.

September 29th, 2040

You remember that room where my neighbor hung himself? Well I decided to do something with it. I don’t know what yet but I’m gonna do something, I’m really bored. I’ve read all of the books he had in here.

November 15th, 2040

I’m hearing explosions, people screaming, and screeching. I think they're starting to come back. If so I’m not leaving or making any noise. The generator is dying, I don’t know how it works.

November 21st, 2040

The generator is died. I’m only using the flashlights and the batteries for this and finding stuff in here. With the time I’ve spent in here I’m sure I won’t need the flashlights that much. I can’t find my little rat friend. It’s also starting to smell, I think he's dead. All the noises outside are still going on.

December 14th, 2040

In case you're wondering my neighbor had a calendar in here so I’m trying to cross of the days but since I can’t see the daylight and my phone is not something I want to use, I’m mostly guessing. Most of the noises stopped I’m still hearing some screeching from time to time.

December 25th, 2040

I think it's Christmas! My gift for myself you ask? Well I’m gonna find my dead rat friend. I did get another letter.

“Dear Bryan, merry Christmas! I see you didn’t want to meet up. You probably thought it was fake didn’t you? Well it isn’t! No your not crazy. I hope you kept my last letter because I do still want to meet up with you at that same location! I do hope you come, it would be nice to officially meet you! Sincerely Lamien. P.S. I did see you burying your neighbor, how nice! ”

How? How did they see me? I didn’t see anyone? I’m not going. I don’t even think the cafe is still there.

January 6th, 2041

A new year! I did find my rat friend. I quickly threw him out, didn’t take time to bury him, I didn’t know him that well.

January 10th, 2041

Someone is knocking. I don’t know who but I think it's the thing whos given me letters.

January 13th, 2041

They started banging. I don’t think the door can handle it.

January 29th, 2041

It's been a whole year since this alien thing started. The banging stopped, I’m glad, I got another letter.

“You didn’t come, how sad. You also aren’t answering. I still would love to meet you, even with how rude you are.”

It's different. They didn’t address me or add their name.

February 7th, 2041

The banging started again after January 29th. I think I’m gonna open the door. You know humans, curious creatures. Well you know what they say, “Curiosity killed the cat.”

March 11, 2021 00:48

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.