0 comments

Fantasy

Sexual Language Mentioned.

                                             LAYER CAKE.

    Melody sat by the window at Starbucks café with her hot chocolate drink and marshmallows. She watched as the people passed by. She gave the lake of chocolate a swirl dipping a marshmallow into the cup the taste reminded her of a

rich chocolate dessert with whipped cream. The memories come flooding back of her mother when they had sat around the table at home.

    There was Mrs Joel’s sweet shop on the high street where you could buy two pence worth of sweets on the way to school; life was much simpler in those days.

 Then came the sudden death of her mother Alice from cancer. Her father had then met Jean and remarried. Melody did not wish to get in their way. So, she had accepted a typist’s job in London moving closer to her work.

   Giving her drink another swirl Melody took another bite of her marshmallow after dipping it once more into the warm brown liquid. While waiting for Gerry this had been the place where they had first set eyes on each other six months ago, Melody had asked if the empty chair opposite had been taken. They had made polite conversation.

   Gerry worked as engineer he had taken her to some exotic places like Egypt with a surprize cruise on the Nile. Most weekends they went out to the theatre or attended a dinner party held by one of Gerry’s many associates. Relaxing Melody gave her drink another swirl. The white cloud of marshmallows had disappeared into the fine lake of brown liquid. Gerry took her far too much for granted he thought that

she would adapt easily to his life style. Drinking the last of the brown liquid Melody thought about her past relationships before Gerry. Alberto had been keen to open a

coffee shop in Italy. Then, there was Richard who had preferred his collection of classic cars, rather than settle into a steady relationship.

    Gerry was late again for their date. The house they had planned to buy together at Pacific Heights her friends would have given their high teeth for. Melody got up from her chair by the window. It was fate that Gerry had not turned up on time.

     She walked through the park on her way home from Starbucks towards her small bedsit noticing the flowers in bloom and a pair of pigeons walking along the pathway looking for food. How Melody wished she was free, knowing that Gerry would pursue her with expensive gifts and flowers. The bedsit and the hot chocolate drink had become part of her life. 

    Gerry was not going to be in her life. He was not the man for her? The phone rang as she put her front door key in the lock. Gerry would have to accept that she wasn’t interested in him anymore. Tomorrow she would find a new café to enjoy her hot chocolate and marshmallows in, it was time to broaden her horizons.

    There was a chance that Melody could still enrol on the cake decorating course held at the local college. Again, she thought of her mother and the beautiful cakes she had made for the family for Birthdays and Thanks Giving with the thick cream chocolate icing and glazed cherries. Melody ‘eyes watered as the memories

came flooding back.  Opening the page of her diary Melody thought that she would have the time to meet some of the girls from the office to hear the latest gossip.

    The letter box rattled it was Gerry complete with red roses already he was trying to bribe her.

  “Yes” said Melody answering the door.

  “I waited for you. Are you ill?”

      “Your late again. I don’t see the point of staying in this relationship. We are two different people.”              

"Have you lost your senses?"               

No,” said Melody. If you call again I will call the police to escort you from the building.”       

     Gerry laughed in her face, banging the door in the corridor of the flats as he left. Melody started to feel more relaxed and confident. Taking a bath watching as the bubbles covered her skin with white foam. She would have more time to meet up with her friends at the weekend. Life now would become more positive? She did not have to worry about what Gerry thought about her friends, and she could dress to please herself rather than wear what Gerry suggested.  Melody gave a sigh, hoping that Gerry had got the message and taken his half dead roses back to the florist with the price tag still dangling from their stems.

  Looking up at the window of Melody’s bedsit, Gerry threw the red roses into the bushes. Opening the door of his maroon sports car. If it wasn’t too late he would call Sian to see if she was available. There were no emotional ties with Sian. She always enjoyed bananas and cream. Sian would be ready and waiting with her bleached blonde hair swinging in the wind. A smile appeared on Gerry’s lips has he dialled the Cedar Agency.

 Melody did not know about Sian or any of the other agency girls he had spent time with. It was a shame that Melody had not been more accommodating. Gerry would soon forget all about Melody once he was entangled in Sian’s warm body. He watched as the door of the agency opened and Sian walked towards his car. His heart missed a beat thinking of those pert full breasts and how he felt seeing her ripe and ready with micro mini and grey school blazer dressed as a school girl with those big brown Bambi eyes, a joy to be with. No guilty feelings or remorse. A smile came to his lips, sheer  pleasure oh, and did she have plenty to offer. Opening his car door, noticing the rise and fall of her breasts and shirt as the wind blew through her hair. He would enjoy undressing his life size Barbi doll. 

November 25, 2023 02:24

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.