1 comment

Fiction

Y/n walked down her hall trying to ignore the fighting and yelling from her mother and father, she just kept walking down to her room. As she opened the door a wave of energy swept over her. She then had the Idea to try and shift tonight knowing that tomorrow would be September 1st the first day of Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She grabbed her script and put it under her pillow. She started to drift asleep. She kept saying to herself, “I will shift!” After what seemed like ages she finally fell asleep.


Once she opened her eyes she saw what seemed to be her normal bedroom. She sighed as she knew she did not shift that night. She started to walk around her house knowing her parents were both at work. 

She made some eggs and bacon for breakfast and went to check the mail….. As she opened the mail box she saw a letter that looked older than her parents, but she still knew what it was. She ran inside leaving all of the other mail still in the mailbox. She ran to her room and sat on her bed. She then thought to herself, “What if it’s a Hogwarts letter…. But what if it’s not…” She then looked at the letter to see who it was for and from. The letter read….


To: Y/n Y/l/n 

From: Albus Dumbledor


Greetings young one you have been invited to go to Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. If you accept, you shall go to the entrance to Diagon Alley and meet Hagrid at 8:00 A.M. You should see him. He is quite hard to miss.


She giggled at his sense of humor and continued to read.


You will go and get the things you will be needing for Hogwarts. There is a list on the back of the letter of the items. After that Hagrid will bring you to platform 9 ¾ and you will go through and get on the Hogwarts Express. You can sit anywhere you want to until the trait stops. Once you reach the castle you may sit at any table you please too, but after the fest may you please come to talk to me in my office so I could tell you what will be happening.

Sincerely, Dumbledor.

P.S Everything you get will be paid for by the school.


She sat there in shock at what she had just read. She then rereads the time and looks at her phone… IT’S 7:30!!! Y/n stands up and starts getting dressed. 


Once she is all dressed she runs out of her room and stops in front of her mirror. “You got this. It’s not that big of a deal… Just get there and act cool. Everything about this is normal… Yea…” She tells herself trying to calm down. After her little speech in the mirror she hurrys outside and calls for a taxi. The driver takes her to the entrance of Diagon Alley where she sees Hagrid…. And that was the moment she realized that this wasn’t a dream nor a prank……. 




She is standing there in shock when she snaps back into reality. She runs up to Hagrid. “Ok so what's the plan!!” She says with excitement. Hagrid looks at her confused, “I’ve never seen a student so excited to get things for school.. But we will be getting you a broom, a wand, your books and an owl, cat or rat.. That sure is a lot.” 

Y/n smiles and looks up at him, “Yup it sure is. We better get started then shall we?” Hagrid nods as they walk into Diagon Alley. They start walking to Olive Anders when she sees a familiar face…. Malfoy….. He looks at her and smirks. Y/n just looks him up and down and continues to keep walking. (Draco isn't her favorite person ever.) After they get all of her stuff it is 9:27. 33 minutes till the train leaves.

 Hagrid looks at her, “Do you have a ride there? If not, I have my bike out front.” 

Y/n almost fainted. “No, I don’t have a ride.” 

“That’s all right, just hop in.” He says getting on his bike. She jumps into his side cart.




December 06, 2021 19:30

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Jexica Marcell
19:38 Dec 06, 2021

just lit :) 👌

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.