3 comments

Drama Teens & Young Adult Romance

I really love her but her and I are two different people. We "mutually" decided to not talk anymore due to our differences. Ever since Ely turned 21, all she does is party and drink all day, while I just like to chill at home and play video games on my free time. I can't blame her though, she's a young, alluring model, while I'm a broke college student.

Today, I surprisingly wasn't even thinking about her, I was playing Call of Duty and I got a text message that read "I miss you..." . As soon as I read the text, I dropped my controller. She must be drunk. We haven't talked since the break up, which was 3 months ago in may.

Should I reply? Did she send the text Accidentally? I finally got the courage to reply. I nervously type " Oh hey, what's up?" She swiftly replies with "come over", ending with a winky face emoji. At this point, I'm regaining all the feelings that I had for her that remorsefully never left. Deep down I know she just wants a casual hook up but also, a part inside me is hopeful that she really does miss me and wants to ditch the parties to settle down with me.

I reply with " I'm on my way", ending with a smirking emoji. I'm feeling lonely tonight and could use some company, especially her company... . I grab my keys and head her way, my headlights are out but in this moment, I'm so eager to see her. This girl has me driving like a nascar racer in only a 55 mph. zone, I'm that desperate.

She'd hit me up with the "come over" text often when we were high school sweet hearts. I know we are grown now and this may be foolish but I can't resist. I finally arrive and I Jittery knock on her door. She opens the door and walks me to her room. I see a Malibu bottle on her dresser and I quietly sigh, this confirms my theory on her being drunk but I'm here now so I enjoy the moment.

She pushes me on her bed and we start making out as one thing leads to another. Later that night we began talking, laughing and reminiscing. I felt the love and I know she did as well. At the end of our night she says " Ive missed you so much, we need to catch up!" I nod and smile as I give her a good night kiss. In the morning I text her " Hey, come over?" Two hours later she replies with "Oh, I was just drunk" my heart sinks until later tonight when she sinks herself in her Malibu.

She sends a message reading " Come over", This time ending with a heart eye emoji. I get tempted to give in but I can predict what's gonna happen when she sobers up. I want a real relationship with Ely, just like we did before she started drinking hefty. Why does she only want me when she wants fun? I reply to her text “ You’re just drunk”. I send her this hoping she feels bad about what shes doing but she thinks it’s a flex. She replies saying “ Hell yeah! Let's get drunk together!” I reply with “ Text me when you’re sober”. After that, I got no reply from her. I regret ever giving in but the thought of the sober her excites me.

Later that night, I decide to play Call Of Duty with my  best friend Corbin.

“ What's up Nick?! You haven’t been on Call Of Duty in 24 hours, You okay??!”

“ Yeah man, I'm fine, just drama with my ex.”

“Man, we need to get you out, when's the last time you’ve been out?”

“out? “

“Yeah, out. Like to a bar.”

“ oh, I have never been to one.”

“ Bro, get ready right now, we are getting you out. I'll send you the address.”

We arrive to the bar and all I see is people dancing, drinking and being foolish.

“ I don't know about this Corbin, this is out of my comfort zone.”

“Loosen up nick, here's a shot”

I take the shot and clench my eyes.

“What is that? That's super strong”

“Vodka,” Corbin says. I take 4 more shots as my vision start to blur and I start feeling woozy. I look to my right and something catches my eye. Its Ely. We both lock eyes and she comes my way.

“ Nick?”

“Hey Ely, I'm finally on your level, let's party on!”

“Nick, you look terrible, is this how I look drunk?”

“Ely, let's have another casual hookup!”

“ What the hell Nick?! I'm taking you home. Where are your keys?! 

“Ely, you’re drunk too, let's just stay here and have fun.”

“Surprisingly, I haven't started drinking yet and I'm so glad I haven't.”

Eli grabs my keys and pushes me into my car.

“ No! No! You're drunk! Get out of my car! Drive your own!”

“I ubered here, my car is at my house and for the last time! I'm not even drunk!”

“ Eli! Slow down, my headlights are out!”

“I don't care, I'm taking you home. I care about you way too much to see you drunk, whoever talked you into this should be ashamed of themselves.”

I laugh. You? Caring about me? Yeah, you’re drunk.”

“I'm not!”

“ Hey pull over Ely! The cop has his lights flashing at us”

“Be cool Nick, I got this.”

“No! You’re drunk!”

“Hey, you know your headlights are out right?”

“Yes sir, I'm just taking him home and I'm gonna catch an Uber to my house”

“Step out the car so I can test your alcohol levels.”

“Yes sir”

The officer checks Ely’s alcohol levels and smiles.

“Alright, take this man home and get some new headlights.”

“I told you I’m Sober Nick!”

“I can’t believe it, then why are you here?”

“ I care about you Nick and seeing you drunk makes me wanna stay sober. I’m sorry for hurting you while drunk, The sober me is the best me I’ve realized and I wanna be around you while sober.”

I smile and look at Ely as she grabs my hand and walks me to my room.

“ Text me when you're sober” She says. I nod

“And hey, please get some new headlights” We both laugh as she gives me a goodnight kiss.   

November 11, 2021 18:33

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

15:30 Nov 18, 2021

Hey Rg. The story shifts style very dramatically in the middle, you go through a lot of internal narration to simply dialogue and I get lost. The story drew me in with it's modern-ness, but I couldn't find myself connecting with the character. It's Ely who develops, but she's painted as less of an endearing character so I'm unclear who I'm supposed to connect with. Love that you chose to join the competition! Continue writing, keep it up!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Shouku Nishimiya
19:07 Nov 17, 2021

This is amazing!!! I felt so bad for the main character in the beginning!! But at the end, he gets the girl. I love this, please do continue making more stories!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RG .
18:43 Nov 11, 2021

Hey audience, This is my first big story and I plan to start taking writing more serious. I’d love feedback!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.