Creaking Cracks

Submitted into Contest #40 in response to: Write a story about friends who wind up on a misadventure.... view prompt

4 comments

Adventure

Instagram.


Instagram is a social media network where we view people's personality and acknowledge their doings.


Well there was a rich,cool boy at school,he did everything he desired of,like a normal high school student but he was a little more extraordinary.


He uploaded a picture on his Instagram story where he was adventuring in a forest.


It made me want to do some crazy things like he always used to do.


I closed the Instagram tab and I dialed one of my friend.


i started saying "hey,chris,I was wondering to do something crazy tonight"


I didn't want to the exact thing Jason(the one who uploaded the pic to his story) did.


I continued "lets go to an adventure!"

He replied "damn,I'm so in but what type of adventure?"

"We're gonna explore the haunted house which is down the street from Jesse's house"


We call jesse and tell him about going to the haunted house.

It's just the three of us because I didn't had much friends.

We reach jesse's house and we go there by walk.

Everything's ready-Torch,a first aid kit,some money and a knife.

We continue walking,we were almost there and the trees started making a sad and eerie sound.The continuous wind was a little unusual because it was a summer day.

We reached the main gate.

The gate was a royal one,the villa looked spooky,the windows were open,the wind was whooshing into it,the trees beside the villa were long and narrow.

the history of this villa made me anxious.


We step in,it feels like the wind is pushing me out,like a warning but we somehow manage to get in.

We reach the main door,the door creaks.It's all dark,we turn on our torches and move in.

The interior wood is old and concrete,the staircase is long in length,the hallway was really long.

We chose to climb the stairway and the room doors were too many.

We continue walking and I hear a thud,the thud sounded like a thud of some board.

We all faint and collapse.

"The evil spirit here never leaves the visitors alive,I'm sorry I didn't tell you all" says chris.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! you're not helping chris,stop!"

we hear a indistinct whispering sound.We all frown in fear and run to the main door to get out of the house but a strong wind whooshes and the door thuds in the greatest speed.We scream for help but no one replies.Windows rattling and everything's destructive,every furniture thuds down and everything's in chaos.

We felt helpless.

The whispers are getting louder and louder,we cover our ears and eyes.The intensity of volume decreases and we slowly open our eyes.The-falling-of-everything stops and all I see is a board in front of us.We move in terror and turn it around,it had written words by blood stating:

LOOK UP CHILDREN!


We first look at each other and then turn around and look up slowly,there's an old lady standing,she had total white eyelids and her face structure was like a total square box and she had no nose,she just had a stitched mouth and long curly hair which touched the surface.

We scream and she slides her hands and cuts off jesse and chris's heads but I manage to put my head to the floor and run to the main door and try to open the door but it's locked,I scream for help and when I turn around,there's no one behind me now but there's a lot of tension in the air.I turn around and try opening the doorknob and it fortunately unlocks and I run in fear,crying and confused what to do.I reach home and tell my parents while crying,they call jesse's and chris's parents and we reach there but the police is already there.

They take out the dead bodies and my friend's parents start to sob and they run to their kids body but the police stops them and says to calm down,I go up to them and apologize for what I've done but what could they even say,they respected me and my family and didn't want to make any hatred so she just looked at me and turned away.

The police officers call the ambulance and ask them to take the bodies for postmortem.I feel bad and also frustrated for what I've just done.The ambulance arrives and they get into the haunted house and take out the bodies,no evil destruction or chaos took place while they captured the photos and took out the bodies.The pain in their mother's eyes was so emotional and heartbreaking.

All I was doing was crying and crying and crying.

The ambulance siren wailed again while they were taking the bodies of my two best friends away.


it's 4AM and the landline rings up,my parents pick up the call and she replied saying "what?! how is that even possible?"

I had literally no idea what she was talking about and i asked curiously and she replied me saying "It was Chris's mother and she said something which is the strangest thing I've ever heard in my entire life"

I asked again "Strange what?"

"apparently the police called and the two bodies heart starting beating"

I exclaimed questioning "Wha- What,how is that possible?!"

We all go to the garage and take out our car and we drive furiously to the hospital and when we reach there,the parents were already there.They took us to the room where the bodies were.

THE BODIES WERE SHAKING AND THEIR HEARTS WERE LITERALLY BEATING SO FAST,BODIES WITHOUT FACES!

yeah you read it right!

The doctors were trying to control them but they weren't stopping,we asked the doctor what was happening but they weren't able to answer us because this was something which had never happened in the entire history.

I go near them and rest my hand on their chests,they slowly started to stop shaking and beating,I had no idea how I did that but something pushed me to do it and in the end they were dead.

The night passes and it's 8 in the morning,the tears were falling from everyone's eyes who were present in the funeral the next day.The burial was done and everyone were counseling their parents and making them feel good but guess what I was the one who was majorly sad.

I felt so guilty for taking them to that creepy haunted house


In conclusion,I literally killed my only two best friends.




May 08, 2020 21:16

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

Deepti Venugopal
21:11 May 13, 2020

Really intriguing!!

Reply

Syed Kaif
08:09 May 14, 2020

💓💓💓

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kathleen Jones
17:52 May 10, 2020

Definitely a haunting kind of story.

Reply

Syed Kaif
18:01 May 10, 2020

Thank you so much! I appreciate it🙇‍♂️

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.