0 comments

People of Color

This story contains themes or mentions of physical violence, gore, or abuse.

"It's Not Fair!"

   The statement "it's not fair" is used by many people today. We have political and social unrest, war, and a pandemic. 

   The rioting following George Floyd's death was the worst in the history of Minneapolis. This incident involved George" s arrest, which ended in his death by police. Too many incidents between African Americans and police show a total lack of respect for the person's civil rights.

   Dozens of people were killed or injured, and thousands of businesses and properties were looted, torched, or vandalized. The losses were at 1 to 2 billion. Seventy-five percent of businesses are underinsured, and 40 percent of small businesses have no insurance. Of the 334 damaged, 110 are still closed.

   According to the University of Minnesota's medical school, fifty-seven people were injured so severely by less-lethal projectiles that they required urgent care during protests in Minneapolis from May 26 to June 15, 2020.  

  • 23 Hit in the face or head
  • 10 Blinded or suffered severe eye trauma
  • 16 Traumatic brain injuries

   It's not fair also applies to the invasion of the U.S. Capitol by Trump rioters. It started with the Democrat Joe Biden when former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani stated that he was "willing to stake my reputation" that election fraud handed the 2020 election. Giuliani noted that they should have a trial by combat. Protesters stormed the building, which caused Congress to suspend proceedings to confirm the election of Joe Biden as president. The protesters roamed freely through the Capital complex, including the Senate chamber. While there, a man stood on the president of the Senate's chair and shouted, "Trump won that election." 

Number of arrests

  • 275 Assault, resisting, or impeding75+ Dangerous or deadly weapons
  • 75+ Entering a restricted area
  • 45+ destruction of government property
  • 30+ theft of government property

   By far, the worst occurred on February 24, 2022, Russian President Vladimir Putin launched an unprovoked invasion of Ukraine. President Putin cited a long list of grievances as justification for this invasion. The dispute over the expansion of NATO, and he also questioned the legitimacy of Ukrainian identity and statehood. This attack was the most significant conflict in Europe since World War II. 

The members of NATO agreed to continue long-term funding to help Ukraine's military to keep fighting. 1.5 billion Euros have been pledged, which will be used to increase armament production, including artillery and ammunition: develop and strengthen the training of Ukrainian soldiers and help demine areas

Even though they have fewer troops, they have mounted a strong defense. Russian bombing and shelling have destroyed Ukrainian cities. Civilian casualties are growing by the day and have started an enormous refugee crisis. 

This invasion has brought back old habits, and the Russian soldiers have started mass looting taking anything of value, everything from televisions, washing machines, computers, and clothes. They have also begun assaulting Ukrainian citizens. The number of those killed or wounded is staggering. 11,544 includes :

   Killed:

  • 1,905 men killed
  • 962 women
  • 141 girls
  • 161 boys
  • 1,460 adults whose sex is not known

   Wounded:

  • 1,319 men
  • 962 women
  • 144 girls
  • 202 boys
  • 1,460 unknown adults

Russia has upgraded its military capability in critical areas. They are working on gaining and maintaining fire superiority, leveraging improved ISE capabilities and a wide range of fires platforms while using speed, surprise, and integrated combined arms in maneuver forces to overwhelm the enemy. 

Last it's not fair is the current Covid-19 pandemic. A pandemic is an outbreak of a disease that occurs over a wide geographic area (such as multiple countries or continents) and typically affects a significant proportion of the populationa pandemic outbreak of a disease is a global pandemic. 

In March 2020, WHO officials declared a pandemic. WHO officials said there was an ongoing outbreak of a novel coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV2). Severe acute respiratory syndrome. This virus, which started in Wuan, China, reached Europe and the United States in early 2020. When the outbreak was declared a pandemic, covid was detected in many countries worldwide. One hundred thirty thousand cases and close to 5,000 deaths occurred. 

Complex humanitarian emergencies (CHEs) are associated with various factors, such as human-caused environmental destruction, change, and natural disasters. War, poverty, overpopulation, human-caused ecological destruction and change, and natural disasters. The UNITED Nations considers a CHE a crisis resulting from multiple causes and needing a broad and integrated response with long-term political and peacekeeping efforts.

So far, the coronavirus has seen 593,628,915 cases worldwide and 6,450,076 deaths, while 565,743,667 have recovered. Some of the symptoms are:

  • Neurological or mental health conditions.
  • Joint or muscle pain
  • Heart symptoms
  • Digestive symptoms
  • Blood clots

Some of the risk factors for post-Coviid-19 are:

  • If you had a severe illness with Covi-19.
  • If you had certain medical conditions before getting the Covid-19 virus
  • If you had a condition affecting your organs and tissues while sick with Covid-19.

Things to know about variants:

  • New variants of the virus will occur.
  • Slow the spread of covid by protecting yourself and others

      It can help slow the emergence of new variants.

  • The Omicron variant causes more infections and spreads faster than the original SARS-CoV2 strain of the virus that causes COVID-19.
  • CDC is working with state and local public health officials to monitor the spread of all variants, including Omicron.
  • Getting a vaccine helps prevent Covid-19; it is also essential to get your boosters.

  •  

The ratings for the U.S. are favorable and stable. A median of 61% across 17 nations. One vital concern is the health of American democracy. In 2021 more than half of most countries said the democracy in the U.S. used to be an excellent example for other nations to follow, but it no longer is.

Nato also has largely positive ratings for the alliance in several nations. These include Germany and the U.S, as well as non-NATO nation Sweden.

The ratings for Russia were already negative and have fallen further following the invasion. 10% or less had a favorable opinion of Russia, and views of Putin are in the single digits. 

So if all of us as world citizens work together, we could eliminate all of the It's not fair phrases.

August 13, 2022 01:14

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.