0 comments

Fantasy Fiction

Warning: Death.

************************************************************

Akira Nakahara is known as the greatest detective in the wizarding world. He was also know for his objectivity. He was neutral about anything that happened to him. He's had parters die, and wasn't affected. People think that his Village being wiped out almost entirely was the cause. Can't get much worse than all of your friends and family dying right before your eyes, right?



"Mr. Nakahara, a package for you." Said his secretary, handing him a box. 'Strange. I didn't order anything.' Akira thought to himself. "Thank you, Greta." He said, opening the box. "Wait," He said suddenly. "I didn't order anything, where did it come from?" She shrugged. "The delivery person just said it was for you. But what is in the box, sir?" Asked Greta. He pulled the object out of the box and beheld a stone in the shape of a yellow eye. 'Well, it's better than it being a bomb, or something even more dangerous. But just in case it is what I think it is, I'll hold on to this stone.' Thought Akira to himself. "Hey, do you know where my wand is, Greta? I don't know where I put it." She shook her head no.


"I haven't seen it." She gasped. She pointed at his hand. Where the rock should have been sitting on Akira's hand, it was instead floating above it, emanating a yellow colour. It formed into the shape of a man. He was wearing a yellow suit and black dress pants. He had an eye patch, and where the eye rock was, his left eye it became. His eye, like the rock, was golden yellow. The man also had a cane and was smiling like he knew something Akira didn't.


"Hello, Detective Akira Nakahara! Nice to see you again!" The man said ecstatically. 'Meet me again? Who is this man, and why does he represent an anthropomorphized version of the main antagonist from Gravity Falls?' The man smiled more. "That was no coincidence, Detective! It was a choice, as it was my favorite show. I just loved it! My name is Bill. You should be more careful with your thoughts, you know. But the name and outfit fit, seeing as I'm an omnipotent being, and so is the other Bill! So, I, having my sense of humor, found it funny to become him.


"But anyway, you're- Oh. Didn't notice you there." Finally seeming to Notice Greta in the room, still shocked about the rock becoming a person. "Well, let's take care of you." And with that, he snapped, and Greta's eyes widened and collapsed upon the floor.


"You killed my best assistant. What a shame. She was the smartest of all of them." Bill's eyes widened in excited-ness. "So it is you! As I was saying, you are going to have to come with me. You know, to fulfil your fate or whatever. You'll make some friends too. You could even say you would have a lot in common." For whatever reason, he started laughing like it was the funniest thing he'd heard in his life.


When he could finally stop laughing, he looked at the detective again. "But, in all seriousness, I'm on a tight schedule, so...... sorry." Akira cocked his head. "Sorry for what?" He then realised he fell into a trap. 'This situation is so cliche I should have noticed it so much sooner. Too late now, though.' Bill laughed again. "This!" And again, snapped his fingers. Akira had to lean on the table because of dizziness and nausea. Then, everything went black.


************************************************************


When he woke, somebody was standing over him. it was a young man. "Are you ok? I saw you on the ground, and thought you were dead." Akira rubbed his head. "Where am I?" He asked. "Were near the old Kuragari Village. Shame what happened to them, though." Akira was puzzled. "What happened to them?" Asked Akira. The young man was even more puzzled. "The other villages didn't like what they were doing with their experiments with Tulpas, and Demons. Everyone except the Yang village participated. I mean, a few Yangs were involved, but most of them helped. Didn't matter, they were outnumbered." Akira nodded. "What year is it?" The young man laughed. "It's 2024. Oh, by the way, what's your name?"


"Akira Nakahara. And yours?" "John. John Edelweiss. Nice to meet you." They shook hands. John looked at the sky. "Dusk is nearing. We need to take shelter for the night. I know a good cave. There's a friendly bear. Her name's Bari. Come with me." He helped Akira off of the ground, and John led Akira to Bari's Cove. "It just sounds cool." John explained. "My little sister named it that. Her name's Claudia. Claudia Edelweiss. She loves journalism.


"She sounds nice." Akira complimented. John nodded. "Yeah, but she can be a bit over the top. In a good way, of course." Akira nodded as well. Soon they reached Bari's Cove. She ran out the cave, smelling someone new. She roared. Akira wasn't phased in the slightest. "Down, Bari, down! He's a friend." Almost seeming to understand what he's saying, Bari's mood changed entirely: She ranup to him, and sniffed his hands excitedly, and licked his face. Akira smiled. "Cool bear." He said, wiping his face of bear saliva. They slept under protection of Bari, who snored the whole night. It wasn't a bad snore that kept you up, but a softer snore that lulled you to sleep. Akira wasn't going to sleep tight now, though. "Hey Akira, aren't you going to sleep? You seem like there something important you're thinking about." Akira shrugged.


"I'm fine. You go off to sleep." John nodded,and soon began drifting off to dream. John awoke to the sound of crisping meat, and the smell of eggs. Akira was cooking, and he looked like he had been up for hours. "I hunted a rabbit or two, feel free to eat what you like. I also filled your gourd with water from a creek nearby. John checked his side where his gourd normally is. "Oh. Thanks." He said while grabbing some food. "I didn't see you go to sleep last night." John added. Akira nodded. "Nobody ever does. I'm a detective, so I'm always careful. Not that I don't trust you or anything. You could've saved my life, and I wouldn't know it. Or, you could've left me for dead. Or killed me yourself. But you didn't. It's admirable." John smiled.


"Thanks. That means a lot. By the way, are you Magicfolk?" He asked. Akira nodded. "Yes, I can do magic. And you?" He questioned softly. John nodded. "Mother and sister are, but my father wasn't, and I guess the gene skipped me. So I hunt, fight. Make traps, that sort of thing." Akira nodded once more. Suddenly, they heard a commotion near the cave. "Oh no," John said. "It could be the bandits." John pulled out a knife, and peeked out the cave. He nodded. "Yep. Bandits. Do you have a wand on you?" Akira patted himself. "Yes." He said, pulling his wand out of his brown leather duster overcoat. "You know hand to hand combat?" Akira nodded.


They tried to sneak out of the cave without them knowing. The bear also followed them, but acted like a normal bear. When they thought that they were far enough away, they stopped sneaking. "Well, that was close. Those morons can't even detect people proper-" There was a shout. "Hanasashi!" The other person yelled, and a black curse hit John square in the back. Before he could fall down, Akira caught him. He took John's dagger, and threw it. With a small thud, and then a bigger thud, Akira knew the man was dead.


His attention was back on John. "I've dealt with this curse, if you talk, you'l die. You may only have a few sentences, so I wouldn't try talking." Akira suggested, holding the man, and made sure he was comfortable. "T-t-tell my.... fam-family in Geihu.....that... I.... love....them." Akira nodded. He heard more people coming. "Get him!!! He killed Shal!"

Bari roared, and charged towards them. She looked back at Akira, and he understood her, and that she was telling him to leave. She fought and fought, but as Akira left with John's body, he heard Bari's final cry of sorrow in the distance. He dug a grave for him in a field of flowers. He put a large stone down as a tombstone. On it he carved 'Here lies John Edelweiss, a brother and son, and an honorable man, 'til the very end.' He thought it described John rather nicely. "May you rest in peace, John. I will make sure your death wasn't in vain." And with that, he left, on his way to Geihu, trying to solve the mystery of why he was put here in this slightly different world, and how to get out of it. Like any good detective should.



November 30, 2021 20:00

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.