0 comments

Fantasy

This story contains sensitive content

CW: Blood, cussing, death

Glancing over I see my black shadow, Destiny. She’s perched on the bar like the queen she is, lapping at the dish of blood I gave her when we arrived. 

Sven, the werewolf owner of the Dirty Dog Pub, casts her a nasty look, even flashing a hint of fang

They haven’t gotten on since the first day they met. I figure it must be a cat and dog thing, or perhaps it was the way Destiny had clawed his hand to shit when he tried to pet her. Then she’d licked her paw clean, all while staring him down with a look that said she would gladly drain him dry if given the chance. 

Ya, maybe that’s what made him all grumpy about her.

She’s a blood thirsty fiend but Destiny makes my life far more entertaining than it was nearly 100 years ago.

 I’d found her starving and near death. Even my black shriveled heart couldn’t just walk away from her. Really, I should have just put her out of her misery. In my defense I’d been bitterly lonely.

I’d made a rash decision and turned her, now here I am with a semi-feral cat that needs blood to live.

I make to pet down her sleek, silky black fur, but the little demon swipes a clawed paw, scratching deep gouges down the back of my hand, drawing blood. She leaps and sinks her teeth in, trying to get more of my blood. 

Ya, I get it. It always tastes better from the source.

Turning on my stool I lean back against the polished wooden bar and sip at my shot of bourbon and O+. Humming appreciatively I tip my chin at Sven like a dude-bro, giving a silent thanks for the fine drink. 

He nods at me and scowls at Destiny again. I swear, it’s a love hate thing with these two.

Speaking of blood thirsty, I take in the few humans inside the bar tonight. Destiny’s right, straight from the source is the sweetest. Even with the fine bourbon Sven served me, I can still taste the stale, slightly bitter tang of the bagged blood in my drink. 

Even then, I prefer to have at least a splash. It helps everything not blood go down easier. If there’s one thing I won’t give up in my eternal life it’s booze. Well let me take that back. Booze and sex. What’s the point of eternal life if you have to give up either of those.

Idly, I wonder if any of the humans currently in the pub would be willing to let me have a taste. I’ve loved living in Star Lake for that fact alone. The humans who come here do so at their own risk, knowing that the supernaturals, or monsters as the humans like to call us, can live freely and openly here. We can be one with our true natures.

Outside of Star Lake it’s human rules or be put down like a dog for violating them. Naughty vampire for drinking that human’s blood. Here’s a silver bullet for all of your efforts.

Star Lake has given me a new life. While I still mainly subsist on blood bags, gag, I do get the occasional ‘snack’ from the humans who like to come here on an adventure.

Clocking the humans around the room I don’t immediately feel drawn to any of them. The dude playing pool is a little on the sweaty and hairy side for my tastes. The chick hanging all over Sven’s younger brother is obviously taken , going by the leering looks he’s giving her tits. 

There’s the group of five women who are clearly on a bachelorette party of some kind. All of them wearing pink tutus and floppy pink penis headbands. One of them could be a contender for a snack, except for the fact they are currently fascinated by the kraken in the bar.

Taking a sip of my drink I almost snort it out as they finally convince Jake, the kraken, to materialize some of his tentacles. Normally he maintains his human guise while on land, but apparently, and totally unknown to me, he can let out a few of his tentacles to play if given the right motivation. Once the group of penis wearing women see this a cacophony of squeals and ‘oh my gods’ happen. 

All heads turn to watch and Jake turns an appealing color of red in the face. Hmm, I wonder if he’d let me have a little snackeroo? 

I never really paid much attention but he’s pretty good looking and with those tentacles? Ya mate, my mind could go to some dirty places thinking about that. 

Apparently so could the bachelorette party, they all drag him out of the bar, not unwillingly from what I can tell. Ya, Jake is gonna have a fine night. I make a mental note to ask him about it when I see him next. I bet he’ll have some wild tale to tell. 

Suddenly I feel pressure in my gums. My mouth is watering and my fangs lengthen without any rational input from me, like I’m a newly fledged baby vamp.

That’s when I see him. A perfect golden vision, straight from heaven. Here to cleanse my black soul and absolve me of my sins.

A golden glow envelopes him. A holy light shining down from above. Illuminating him like the angel from heaven he is. I don’t see wings, but his curly hair is glowing white hot in the light, squinting, I swear I can make out the halo. 

Looking around I wonder why everyone isn’t on their knees to worship this beautiful specimen. Just as I’m about to get off my stool and prostrate myself in worship at his feet I realize the awful truth.

It’s karaoke night. The light is a motherfucking spotlight. Not the holy light of heaven sent to take me to the promised land.

Heaving a sigh I drain my drink. I wave to Sven for another and prepare myself to weather some unholy karaoke night music.

I can handle a little badly sung music if I get to have a taste of the angel currently on stage.

He sings Wham! ‘Wake me before you go’, even hitting all the high notes. Swinging his slim hips to the peppy beat of the music, his curly golden hair shining under the spotlight. Plump lips practically making love to the karaoke microphone, making me shift on my stool, trying to discreetly re-arrange myself.

Just as the song is drawing to a close I hear a whiny little meow to my left. Glancing over I see Destiny’s finished her bowl of blood, she’s licking her paws and giving me a look that says feed me. 

At this point in our relationship I know better than to argue with her. Leaning over I grow a claw on my right index finger and use it to slice across my left wrist, letting the thick red blood drip into her bowl.

Just as I draw my wrist back and begin to lick the wound closed, I hear a melodic voice say, “what a cute little kittie!”

Before I can even react, the angel from stage reaches across me and pets Destiny from head to tail, her little rump lifting up and arching her tail into the angel’s hand. All while drinking her blood and not clawing the intruder to pieces.

I guess there’s a first time for everything.

Now that he’s so close I can smell him and he’s more divine than I imagined. A summer’s day, full of ripe fruit and flowers. Mouthwatering. I have to suck down the feral growl that wants to leave my throat at the desire that runs through me.

“What a cute little sweetie,” he sing songs in a baby like voice. He looks at me and I’m captured by his blue eyes, so pale they glow like diamonds. “What is that you’re feeding her? Some special diet?”

I debate for a second or two on whether I should tell him the truth. But then I say fuck it, he’s in a supe town, so he should just get used to the way things are done here.

“Ya. You could say that. It’s my blood…because she’s…um…a vampire.” I stumble and splutter over my words, which is uncharacteristic of me. 

“Oh. A vampire,” he says in a breathless little voice, hearts in his eyes.

“Ya, a vampire and I’m her master,” I say puffing my chest out a bit. At the master bit Destiny stops sipping at the blood and snarls at me, showing off her bitey fangs.

The little angel lets out a tinkling laugh, the sound so pure and clear, it warms something in my cold black heart. 

“This is so exciting,” he says as he flops onto a stool next to mine, leaning in close. Totally and completely unafraid of the predator in front of him. “I’ve never met a vampire before,” he says as he winks at me.

I sit up straighter in my stool. I’m a blood thirsty predator who’s been alive for millennia and this twinky little angel of a boy is flirting with me. I like it.

“What’s your name angel.”

“I’m Elior. I’m a student at the Academy of Supernatural Studies.” He holds his pale, slim fingered hand out to me.

Carefully I close my much larger hand over his and slowly shake, savoring the warmth of his hand. The steady pumping of blood through his veins causing my mouth to water.

“My name’s Rafael but you can call me Raf. Tell me angel, what’re you doing here in Star Lake? You know you could be supper for any number of us supes?” I swipe my tongue across my lips and watch in fascination as Elior tracks the movement, his pupils dilating in arousal.

“Well, I was on my way to the Academy but the bus had an issue so here I am, just for the night though. I couldn’t sleep, so thought I’d check the town out.” His eyes dart around the bar, taking in all the potential predators.

“I’m safe, right?” He asks in a small voice, glancing at me through his pale lashes.

Oh poor naive little angel.

“Darling, you have nothing to worry about. I’m curious though. What made you leave the safety of the bus depot? Surely the driver told you to remain there, that if you ventured into Star Lake there could be some consequences?” 

Still holding his hand, I rub my thumb along the crease in his wrist, purposely growing my claw and scraping it along that soft skin without breaking it. I’m rewarded with a full body shudder and the blooming scent of his arousal. Strawberries and sunshine, just lovely.

“Well ya, the driver did suggest to stay and sleep in the bus depot,” shrugging he gives me a sheepish look. “I thought, well, if this is the only night I’m gonna have in Star Lake then I should take it. I’ve never met any monsters..uh, supes,” he corrects himself quickly, his pale cheeks flushing a lovely shade of pink.

Ugh. This kid is going to be the death of me with how naive and adorable he is.

“Yes. Well Star Lake is full of monsters, as you humans like to call us. I’m no exception little angel,” leaning in closer I run my nose up the side of his creamy neck, inhaling deeply. He gives me another shudder as my reward for being so bold. “Darling, I feel so drawn to you. Do you feel it too?”

Letting out a shuddering sigh Elior nods.

Running my hand up his arm to the back of his neck I tilt his head so his lovely eyes are looking up at me. Letting some of my beast out, my aching fangs lengthen and I let the beast shine from my eyes.

“Will you let me have a little taste of you angel? Just a little sip, to appease the possessive beast in me? I promise to make it good for you.”

Elior is in my thrall, I can see it as his pupils dilate with desire. “Yes,” he says on a soft sigh.

“Excellent. Let’s go somewhere more comfortable and private,” grabbing his hand I pull him from his stool, throwing some bills on the bar for Sven. “I want you all to myself little angel.”

Destiny jumps off the counter and trails after us as we exit the bar. My ever present black shadow.

I pull Elior with me along the darkened, quiet streets of Star Lake, the full moon shining down on us from the star filled sky.

“It’s so lovely here. So quiet and look at those stars! I don’t think I’ve seen so many before,” Elior’s quiet voice breaks the silence that had spread between us.

I hum in agreement. “Yes. No noise or light pollution this far out in the woods. It’s a special place. Too bad you won’t be here to see it during the day. I’ve been told it’s equally as splendid then too.”

I hear his sharp intake of breath. “Oh. Right. So it’s true? Your kind can’t walk in the sun?”

Ignoring his question I stop us in front of my quant brick bungalow several blocks off the main drag. Opening the door I let us into the living room and kick off my shoes, Elior following suit. I don’t bother with a light, we aren’t going to be staying here. 

“Quick tour then. Living room,” I wave at the room we’re in while pulling his hand and tugging him further into the house. Waving to the right I show him the kitchen and further down the hall two bedrooms and a bathroom. At the back of the house is an ornate wooden door that I open and flick the switch to light up the stairs heading to the basement.

“Would you like to see my lair angel?”

“I-I’ve never done anything like this before.” His voice is soft and unsure, wavering and stumbling on his words.

Squeezing his hand to reassure him I say, “Elior darling, I won’t hurt you. I just want to get to know you better and have the smallest, tiniest taste of you. I need to know if you taste as good as you look.” Smiling I hold his icy blue gaze and push a bit more of my thrall at him. I want him to make the decision on his own, but I want it to be the decision that will get me what I want.

His pupils dilate and he nods. “Y-Ya, ok. I feel like I can trust you.”

Oh darling angel. You should never trust a monster.

I guide him down the flight of stairs to the basement, noticing that Destiny is still trailing silently behind us.

The large open room contains a custom made, large round bed with a plush comforter in the same dark red velvet as the fabric draping the walls. The room is bathed in a soft, low light, it’s warm and cozy.

Pushing Elior down onto his back on the bed I follow him down and cage him in with my legs on either side of his, both hands on either side of his head.

Elior’s breaths are coming faster, his heart rate speeding up. I can hear the swift beat of it, enticing me.

“Can I touch you?” A shaky nod. “You can touch me if you want little angel.”

“Oh thank god,” his sweet breath rushes out against my cheek as I lean down and begin sucking kisses along the soft skin of his throat.

A soft thump sounds on the bed and I glance up to see Destiny making herself at home on my fucking pillow. I hiss at her before turning my attention back to Elior’s throat. He tilts his head to the side to give me better access, a show of submission that has my fangs dropping even lower as my need to taste him grows so unrelenting I don’t think I can hold back much longer.

“Oh god Raf. I’m so glad I decided to skip sleep and explore Star Lake. You feel so good.” He bucks his hips up into me in a frantic, uncoordinated movement.

I hum in agreement, licking and nipping at his neck. I know where I’m going to bite him and I need to do it now. I can’t hold the beast back any longer.

“I’m going to bite you now love,” I growl out, my beast just under the surface.

‘Yes Raf,” he moans out, his hands on my back pulling me closer.

So I do it. I bite down on the sweet spot of his neck where his pulse is beating just below the surface of his creamy pale skin. 

The minute I suck down on the sweet nectar I know he was meant for me. He tastes like home, like all of the good things I had in life before I became this monster. 

Sunny summers spent wandering the countryside eating ripe berries straight from the vine. Each swallow of his life force more sweeter than the last. Feeling me up so good, making me feel alive again for the first time in millennia. This boy of pure innocence and joy.

I take a final swallow. 

Thump. A beat too long, thump. Yet still longer, thump. 

Silence. Glancing down I see a sweet smile on his face and the light in his diamond blue eyes gone.

Destiny pads over to Elior and laps up the blood that’s dribbled down his neck. Healing the two marks on his neck with her raspy cat tongue.

The bliss that I’d felt a few short minutes ago is gone. In its place is a deep aching hollow in my chest. 

Just me and my black shadow, alone again.

November 18, 2023 02:21

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.