0 comments

Inspirational Friendship Drama

“It doesn’t count if you’re already planning your defeat,” said Jenny to Missy. “We have been waiting for this day for years now and you are scared all of a sudden. What happened to the Missy I knew, the Missy who was fearless and brave. Come on, we have to do this.”, “Ya, you’re right. I have waited for this my whole life, I am not turning back now. Thank you, Jenny!”, “No problem! Let’s go.” 

So for all those people who don’t know what’s happening, here’s the story -

Missy is a 21-year-old woman who is from a background where feminine sex is not considered very important. The society in which she grew was very narrow and old minded, they didn’t allow girls to go out in the evening and treated them like slaves. Women were made to work in the kitchen and house the whole day and had to wear dirty, shabby skirts and shirts. Very few girls used to get an education and being a lucky one Missy was offered this opportunity. Missy was a bright student, she was very good at science and wanted to become a scientist. She was very inspired by Marie Curie who was the first woman and only person to win a Nobel prize twice. She found the cancer treatment and did the discovery of radium and polonium. Missy always admired her and wanted to be just like her, potential and respected but her society never let her. Also, she never understood the culture of her society, she always used to object to it and question it. She never liked the discrimination and always spoke up but it was of no use cause every person had bud in their ears. Her best friend Jenny always used to support her and help her in every phase she had to face, whether it’s a scolding or beating, Jenny was always there with her. Jenny was not as smart and dedicated as Missy but for sure she also had problems with society, the rules, and the mindsets of people. Being children it was very difficult for them to gain attention and keep their point, they were always turned down. Also, if they tried to collect more people to join them as everything it was no success. As they grew up Missy and Jenny understood the people and culture of their society but still, they didn’t agree with it. Missy got a scholarship at the best college in the country and she was very very excited to tell her family about the scholarship. Finally, she could pursue her dreams and goals and become a famous scientist by doing great discoveries for the world. As she was walking to her house merely withholding the letter in her hands, she saw Jenny coming towards her huffing and puffing and she said, “it’s... a disaster Missy…. Everything it’s a disaster.”, “what happened?” Missy asked eagerly. Jenny said, “your parents are marring you off and sending you to a different country.”, “no no no they can’t marry me off I want to study and be someone!!!!!” Missy shouted. Then she started running towards her house as fast as she could and when she reached there she saw an old man and woman at the door, leaving!! She rushed inside the house grabbed her parents and took them to the front room and started shouting, “how can you do this????”, “Stop shouting Merillen Elizabeth Alexander. And what are you talking about???” said her father. She calmly replied trying to be polite “you cannot marry me off and send me to an entirely different country!! I want to study and be a scientist. You have to postpone my marriage for 8 years.”, “what are you talking about Missy, you had an opportunity to study and it was only till you complete 12th no more education!! This is the rule of society as soon as the girl turns 20 she is married off and there is no deciding of a woman whether she wants to marry or be someone in the world!!” said her mother. And then Missy was send to her room and was asked to stay there. She was crying, crying hard with the letter in her hands in the corner of the room. After two days Jenny entered Missy’s room and as soon as Missy saw her she flung her arms around her neck and hugged her real hard. They both sat down and Missy told her about the scene which was created by her and Jenny told that you did the right thing. It is this society which is bad and cheap. After a long conversation between them, Missy said “we should run off”, “WHAT!!!” was Jenny’s reply, which was kind of oblivious. But Missy was serious about it and tried to convince Jenny and eventually, she did convince her and planned to run off the next night. They successfully ran off the other night and went to college where Missy got a scholarship. They met a man of their age and told him about the whole situation, not a very wise idea but the man was a gentleman and he offered them some jobs and showed the campus. Everything was going well till one day Missy’s parents and some other villagers showed up at missy’s college. Missy and Jenny thought that someone must have told them about the college Missy got into. Missy and Jenny went running to the man they met the first day and told him about the current situation. The man asked them to stick with him as he called more men and women. They all walked up to Missy’s parents and villagers to talk to them and explain the working of this new world where women are not considered low but are equal to men and that they also have all the rights to do things but Missy suddenly got scared and ran off the other direction, Jenny followed her and talked to her saying, “It doesn’t count if you’re already planning your defeat,” said Jenny to Missy. “We have been waiting for this day for years now and you are scared all of a sudden. What happened to the Missy I knew, the Missy who was fearless and brave. Come on, we have to do this.”, “Ya, you’re right. I have waited for this my whole life, I am not turning back now. Thank you, Jenny!”, “No problem! Let’s go.”. They went back there and tried to talk to their people and eventually, all the people from Missy’s village understood that women should also have the same opportunity as men and they allowed Missy to study and be someone. 

THANKYOU 

November 06, 2020 16:43

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.