The Girl in Black/ the black slaughter

Written in response to: Set your story during a complete city or nation-wide blackout.... view prompt

0 comments

Drama Fiction Sad

This story contains themes or mentions of physical violence, gore, or abuse.

A girl, walking alone. Dressed in black tights, fingerless gloves, and a hoodie shaped with irregular patterns of greyish green, brown, and different shades of grey. Her shoes were dark leather boots designed so she make virtually no sound. Her hood was pulled over her head so that her face was covered in a shadow. And if anyone was watching they would not be able to distinguish her features. She drifted from shadow to shadow, seemingly becoming one herself. People walked past her supposedly not seeing her. She was used to it, in truth she liked it. She liked that she could be somewhere and the people wouldn't see her unless she chose to be seen. Waking down shadowy alleys by herself might have frightened any other normal girl. But she was confident in the fact that she could look after herself; she had done karate since she was three, not to mention her unbelievable talent with the gun.

she walked on lost in her own thoughts. and at last, she reached her destination. the home in which her adoptive parents lived. She walked around the back, clambered through her bedroom window and brushed back her hood revealing dark auburn hair cut into a longish bob that reached just past the shoulders. Her eyes were dark emerald green with a mischievous look about them. And she had freckles dotted here and there over her nose, in all she was a slim girl but that just made it easier to not be seen. She was, overall a warm person but to people who didn't know her, she was a grim, careful creature, aware of everyone and everything. Just then she heard her parent's voices. Her mother's, soft and understanding, her father's abusive, and accusing. She winced as she heard him slap her mother's face. She waited for the front door to slam before walking noiselessly down the stairs. Her mother looked up trying to force a smile onto her lips, a red mark starting to appear from where he had hit her. The girl's eyes started to well with tears "why, why do you stay with him?" she asked lines of worry creasing her forehead her mother looked disappointed as she said, "I have no other money to support me and you if I leave. And I couldn't bare to uproot you have friends here." the girl looked uncomfortably at her shoes, she didn't actually have any friends but she didn't want to worry her adoptive mother. "Baer, where were you just now?" the girl looked up and replied, "I was in my room." the mother raised an eyebrow "Maeve. Tell me the truth, please." Baer looked into her mother's eyes and saw worry there, it wouldn't do to let her mother worry so, "I...I was out" she said reluctantly, her mother sighed she knew she couldn't stop Baer from leaving the house but she could make sure of one thing. "Maeve, if you do get into any trouble..." Baer rolled her eyes and smiled "I know, I know. go to the police." her mother nodded and opened her mouth to say something "or you." Baer finished for her mother. The girl started walking back up the stairs everything suddenly went black. She could not see anything, not even her own hands. A sudden overwhelming fear came over her and she managed to make the feeling go away. Just then she heard a crash downstairs, she didn't move, nor make a sound; she felt as if a hundred eyes looked upon her. She wanted to run back downstairs to see if her mother was alright but she forced herself to stay deadly still. She tried to think of what could've happened but her head was so foggy she couldn't think straight. She felt a little woozy, and she realized it must have been some sort of gas. She pulled her shirt over her nose and ran up to her bedroom and out the window where the air was clear. Her face paled at what she saw.

A city blackout. Every house every building was black as far as the eye could see. And what you heard was chilling, screams of women, children and men who were being slaughtered, and at that moment she knew she would have to leave her city she started back down the stairs to get her mum ready to flee, she was just about to call out when she heard her mother scream and fall silent. Her heart beat with anger in her heart. She tried to cry but nothing came, she felt wooden, wooden as a doll that had no emotion. without making a sound she climbed down the wall of her room, gripping all the handholds she had carved with her saxe. When she reached the ground she silently made her way out of the city. When she reached the forest that was the end of the city she stopped and took in a deep breath of fresh air, not like the air of the city that stunk of burning bodies and infected wounds. She took one last look at her city, now in flames and prepared for the long journey ahead.



that's all I have so far. I will edit it soon! Hope you enjoyed :]




SPOILERS ALERT!!!!!!!!

down below







(the dad is the head of the rebels)

(the girl goes a little crazy when she hides out on her own)

(she finds a base)

(she discovers the base is those of the rebels that burnt down her city)

(she overhears a conversation and finds out that her dad killed her mum and was head of the organisation)

(she finds out that they are looking for her)

(filled with anger she makes a plan to break into the base and kill her tretrouse dad)

( she succeeds in killing her dad)

(she becomes the head of the rebels and makes disguise as a man called: The Man in Black)

(she goes crazy with revenge)

( she lets her dad's last words get into her head and make her want to kill with no mercy )

(she does what she wants)

(she finds out her mother's secret)

(she finds her mother's brother's secret safe which holds answers)

(for more read 'The Man in Black' )



.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.


.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

wow you made it all the way down here?????,

,

,

,

,

,

,.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

surelyyyy your getting tired? :O.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

. what are you doing hereee?????!!!!!.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.



.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.


.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

woaw! you made it to the botttomommm gooooodd job!

.

.

"it must be SO hard to wait for SO long for something SO disappointing" - CaptainAmericaa >.<.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

..

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.g

h.

h.

h.h

.h

.h

h.

h.

h.

h.

h.

h.h

.h

.h

.h

h.

h.

h.h

.h

h.

h.

h.h

.h

.h

h.

h.

h.h

.h

h.

h.h

'.h

h.

h.

h.

h.

h.

h.h

.h

.h

.h

h..h.hhhh

h.

h.

h.

h.

h

h.

h.

h.h.h

.t

by'h.df

g'h.df

g'h.

fg .hfgs

.h

sf. gsfd

s g.sd

fg.df

.gdf

.g

r.g

fh.

ht.ds

fh.sdf

h.df

sg.es

rh.

erts.e

r.er

y.w34

5y.w45

y.

w45uyw46trsh.hs5y.ht

w5.yh

y.5

q5.y

e.y

sert.yw

54y

wet.y

4w5.y

w5.y

w54.yw

54e4y.

w45.y

w45.y

w45.y

45w.y

45.yw

45y.

w45y.w

45y.45

y.

45w.y

w45y.

w45y.4

w5y.

4w5.y

4w5.y

45.y45

y.w

45.y

w45.y

45w.y

4w5.y

4w5.y

w45.4w

5y.

4w5.yw

45y.

45.y

w45.y

5w4.y4

5wy.w

45

.y

w45.y

we5r.y

wer .y

wer .wer

t. w

4t. w

ert.

wty we5

t .w5

y .w35

y er

tsqs.y

5rsdgf

y3.5esrgd

y .w5

es.rw

y5.3ertgy. rw.

y54w

.y

y.45

.4

wysey5

yw45esr.

yrstdg.

5wersgdf.

wrstgf. rst


rst

t6

r

6

w

w6hrt65drt

e6rt

dfgh

6w54tr

f

y6 hrt.

wy5.rth

. y5

srt.h

y5.th

y5.th

.y5

seth. y45

trh. y

.esth.

5ye.t

y5.st

. y5set

.

5.h

w5.y

w.4y5


ws.etd

.w46

try .q35

ey.ft s

ergs

fdg

sdf

g

fd

g sdf

g s

df g

sdf

g sd

fg

sdfg

fsd

gsfd

g

sfdg

sdf

g sdf

g q35

wesrfgw

54ser

w54

drtgfcv kuhj4rewfsdizukgc vlksjdfhl akdsjhf lakjhf laksdjhf lkadjshf lkajdshf lkajsdhf lkadjshfl kajdshf kadshfl kasjdhfl kasdjhf lkasjdhf lkasjdhf kladjshf lkasdjhf lksajdhf lkjasdhfl kasjdhfl kasdjhfl kasjdhfl ksadjf lkasdjhfl kasdjhf salkjhfal skjhfl adksjfhals dkjfh af

asd

f adskjf lakdjshf

asdf'asd

fa

sdf

dsaf;kjdsah lafkjhsdl kjadlskjhfl ajdshfl kajsdhfl kadsjhfl kajdshfl kdsjhfl kjsdhfl djshfl jsdahf lkajdshfl aksjdhfl askdjfal kdsjf alsdk f

das

fads


fads

fd

fad


asdf


ad


ads

fads

f

adsf

esgd 53yetdfg

y4tf

w5

y it has to be long so..

.


e

afsefe

f

aes

ae

s

fawe

r

af

fa

4erf

dfgrdf

aew

sdzft

ger gdfs

tergsdf l;hf aljskdhf ;ladskhf a;lskj f

asdf'alsdkhf

ewFA'SDLKHF

ASDFADSKF

ASDF



fadfds;lf

aodj

DASIL;K

alkjd

afj

asdf

asd;kfgj'lakgjdf

sg;fa'gj

ar;gjio4'oerluktjqg

34[awrelsxj,g

q4[rep;kldg'pi5erajkldg

aw4er;l.dgj,

vka[4erds;lfgjvma

[er;sdlfgjmv

a[eorsdlfgjmv

a[ero;k.jdfgm

[es;otldjgfk

wesordjklfg

3[4eosrdfglk

w[eos5jrgdf

pgo 5bet iowerjg'lsdjf

[g owje[o5isrgjs

e[y5jseio;lkrjd'soeBRUH sf

ds[ gjaf;g

a[dfglj

se;rlgj er;'lgj

e[roj

wop5j

poerj g'pijre'gpojre

wgo

werjt

wportj

werpojt rwepijt q

eo t

q eot

ewp tojeprw'oij tepriw t

b5

February 10, 2023 03:23

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.